more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: twang on June 16, 2018, 09:26:08 AM
According to this Fulham are interested in Peter Žulj, 25, central midfielder from Sturm Graz. Scored 10 goals and made 19 assists this season.

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussball/bundesliga/news/englische-klubs-an-sturm-stars-interessiert/

I see we're quoted as having an interest alongside QPR & Sheffield Wed. This makes me think that he was on our 'B' list of players - the one we would have been working from had we not gained promotion.

General

Quote from: Arthur on June 16, 2018, 09:55:31 AM
Quote from: twang on June 16, 2018, 09:26:08 AM
According to this Fulham are interested in Peter Žulj, 25, central midfielder from Sturm Graz. Scored 10 goals and made 19 assists this season.

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussball/bundesliga/news/englische-klubs-an-sturm-stars-interessiert/

I see we're quoted as having an interest alongside QPR & Sheffield Wed. This makes me think that he was on our 'B' list of players - the one we would have been working from had we not gained promotion.

We were interested in thomas delaney  (according to slavisa), who is a Denmark international and joining borussia dortmund and have gone for Diego rolan before..

Something tells me we don't necessarily go for bad players regardless of division.

I know rolan failed to live up to expectations but whilst in championship we did manage to sign good players for the league.

Deeping_white

@jolslover

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 16, 2018, 11:49:10 AM
So after wishing we could sign Krychowiak, it seems that we are indeed interested in him:

https://mobile.twitter.com/parisunited6/status/1007927766073921536

I love Krychowiak, Didn't do brilliantly at West Brom but think that was more to do with the players around him being poor. Very good footballer. At Sevilla he was one of the top DMs in Europe.
STH H3

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

bill taylors apprentice

Over the last 3 seasons how many players did we actually sign who the media had made a big thing about us chasing?

Working backwards, in the last window there was no obvious interst in Mitro, Targett and Christie until it was almost concluded, right?

Barrett487

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-linked-to-versatile-french-defender/

Strengthening the squad for the forthcoming Premier League season remains a prime objective for Fulham Football Club.

Today we're able to bring you a piece of speculation relating to the possibility of Fulham adding a centre-back to their ranks.

Our source, Sport Witness, is reporting that the French media, courtesy of two media sources, L'Equipe and Nice-Matin, that the Nice centre-back, Maxime Le Marchand, could be heading to Craven Cottage.

Le Marchand, 28-years-of-age, made 41 appearances for Nice last season and showed his versatility by playing as a left-back as well as a centre-back.

With one-year left on his current deal, Le Marchand has indicated he'd like to move abroad.

However, Fulham are not the only club linked with his acquisition with the Serie A side, Fiorentina, also linked with the player.

Here at Vital Fulham, it's hard for us to make a judgement call on the player as we know nothing at all about him, however, we can but trust in Slavisa Jokanovic's judgement, if the gaffer believes he can do a job for us then that's good enough for us.

COYW's

Andyb

Deeping_white

Quote from: Twig on June 16, 2018, 12:49:07 PM
Quote from: Holders on June 16, 2018, 11:53:46 AM
"Nothing to be decided till after the WC".

About what?

Think he's referring to the Krychowiak thing, but to be fair he is currently at the WC with Poland so doing a deal wouldn't be easy until he's home anyway.

Holders

Quote from: Twig on June 16, 2018, 12:49:07 PM
Quote from: Holders on June 16, 2018, 11:53:46 AM
"Nothing to be decided till after the WC".

About what?

That's what the Krychoviak quote says.

I think that applies to Mitro too, not least because he's got other things on his mind and the Serbian manager won't want players hassled while they're supposed to be concentrating on the job in hand.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jeroen

How about Bas Dost from Sporting, a bit older, but a big player and an eye for the goals (61 in 61 for Sporting.)
He wants to cancel his contract  after being attacked by fans - the Club wants to sell him - cheeky £10m bit and everyone is happy! No?

Tabby

Quote from: Jeroen on June 16, 2018, 02:39:06 PM
How about Bas Dost from Sporting, a bit older, but a big player and an eye for the goals (61 in 61 for Sporting.)
He wants to cancel his contract  after being attacked by fans - the Club wants to sell him - cheeky £10m bit and everyone is happy! No?

No need to bid to Sporting, he'll get his contract cancelled. The problem is that Dost have many other clubs tailing him.

Jeroen

I'm not sure if he would come here, but if we make a cheecky offer we might outfox all the other clubs that are waiting for him to cancel his contract

Tabby

You'd need to have the player agree to come as well. If he is looking to cancel his contract I doubt he'd be happy to hand Sporting money for a transfer.

Riversider

Would love us to go for Brentford centre half,
Chris Mepham, had a great season for them and has now broken through to the Wales side,
Local lad as well and a good age.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Riversider on June 16, 2018, 03:09:43 PM
Would love us to go for Brentford centre half,
Chris Mepham, had a great season for them and has now broken through to the Wales side,
Local lad as well and a good age.
They just rejected a £10m bid from Bournemouth, say it's well below their valuation of him

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Mince n Tatties

Barrett487

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-targeting-sweden-left-back-12723898

Fulham are targeting combative Sweden ace Ludwig Augustinsson.

The left-back, 24, is on World Cup duty and faces a decision upon his return to current club Werder Bremen.

The Cottagers had wanted Matt Targett, who finished last season on loan with them.

But his parent club, Southampton, are now looking to keep him and allow another left-back, Sam McQueen, to leave.

Augustinsson was on Liverpool's radar before Andy Robertson joined.

He played 29 times in the Bundesliga last season, making four further appearances in the DFB Pokal, scoring one goal.

Augustinsson won successive Danish Superliga titles during his time with Copenhagen, as well as three Danish Cups.

He was part of Sweden's victorious Under-21 Euros side in 2015 and has since gone on to make 14 appearances for the senior side.

Tabby

Augustinsson would be a solid player to sign, he has been looking good in Bundesliga since signing. Also pushed Martin Olsson of Swansea out of the Swedish starting lineup.