watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

If we purchased Kalas/Piazon/Mitro/Ayew for 40m would people be happy? Personally, pending more business after, I would.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 14, 2018, 04:03:50 PM
If we purchased Kalas/Piazon/Mitro/Ayew for 40m would people be happy? Personally, pending more business after, I would.

$34MM yes (Mitro $18, Ayew $9, Kalas Piazon $7). I stated before that I think it will take $50MM net to replenish our squad very shrewdly (still believe a starting CM, CB and LB are necessary) , $75MM if we're not so worried about the money. In which case $40MM is fine.

sunburywhite

Dembele frpm Celtic for 25m or Mitrovic for 20m?

Hmm let me think
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

wheelerdeeler

Rodrigo Battaglia who we've been linked with (I think) has terminated his contract with Sporting.

ken 44

How about Issa Diop  who West Ham have bid for, if they have not already signed him.

Ken44

KJS

How did they beat us to Diop when really we don't even know if Slav wanted him in the first place!?
Make sure you put your razor blades and belt out of reach whilst you are acting like a manic depressive! :doh:

Carborundum

Quote from: Statto on June 14, 2018, 09:09:09 PMIt's like a nightclub with 10 lads on the pull and only 5 nice looking girls. One of them has just gone home with another lad.
An extract from Ian Holloway's guide to the transfer window.

BestOfBrede

I love the way people say we missed out, big loss, we need to spend big, we will be relegated, write the cheque I'll sign it - etc etc etc!
Strewth
What happened to the enthusiasm, elation, support for all the club did and of course our great coach?
Forgotten already it would seem?

Fernhurst

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 14, 2018, 09:39:51 PM
I love the way people say we missed out, big loss, we need to spend big, we will be relegated, write the cheque I'll sign it - etc etc etc!
Strewth
What happened to the enthusiasm, elation, support for all the club did and of course our great coach?
Forgotten already it would seem?

Our coach can't get a squad performing without having a squad.

Wolves signed two
Cardiff signed two

Who made the decision not to do bugger all till this week?

Would we not have tried to sign Kalas and Piazon even if we stayed in the EFL??

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

BestOfBrede

Who knows what the plan is, who we may have already bid for etc?
E.g. Sky believe we bid 8 m for Ayew but it has been turned down and yet we are still interested - apparently?
It's all paper/Sky/internet rumour at the mo.
I just think the negativity is creeping in already!
we can't sign the billion pound cheques as we don't own the chequebook!

I just wish we were still looking forward to our great return to the big time that's all

Bassey the warrior

Maybe we could leave the moaning till the last week of the window? I'm still buzzing from our promotion and amazing second half to the season. No one predicted we'd sign Mitro or Targett or that they'd be so effective, so let's just chill out and see what happens.

Fernhurst

Of course we are all still thrilled, I'm only gradually dismounting from cloud nine. As I have stated elsewhere I am both excited and fearful.
The absolute last thing we require is to start badly and not catch up,,,,,,, given the tools Jokanovic will turn us into a well respected Prem team
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Deeping_white

We're interested in Maxime Le Marchand of Nice according to Twitter. Not a bad centre half and the fee is rumoured to be around €3m..

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Statto on June 14, 2018, 09:09:09 PM
Quote from: KJS on June 14, 2018, 08:53:05 PM
It's like a nightclub with 10 lads on the pull and only 5 nice looking girls. One of them has just gone home with another lad.

Sometimes there is no harm in going home with one of the ugly ones..... you never know what your going to get!
Just because we have not signed some massive billy big bollo%, who may well be only half decent anyway, lets see who we get and see how they turn out.
I for one will trust Joka to get the players he feels he needs.
I would have loved to have signed someone before the World Cup, but could you imagine if we had and they play an absolute stinker in Russia, this forum would be in meltdown saying why did we not wait until we had seen how his WC went!
Take a deep breath for a while!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Tabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 14, 2018, 10:52:04 PM
We're interested in Maxime Le Marchand of Nice according to Twitter. Not a bad centre half and the fee is rumoured to be around €3m..

We need more bodies, so if we can get in one for cheap that'd be good. Seems to be a left sided defender, so he'd be competition for Ream most likely.

Milo

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 14, 2018, 10:52:04 PM

Coming up with some terrace chants might be tough ..

Snibbo

Some people are born to moan.  Shame they feel the need to impose it on the rest of us.  Attention seeking perhaps

MrFFC

Come on you Whites!! :)