Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

hovewhite

Quote from: Andyb on July 12, 2018, 08:42:27 AM
All over sky sports now saying double deal for £30million
a statement of intent,if it goes through .coyw

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Rambler on July 12, 2018, 08:14:28 AM
Is le Marchand any good? His wiki stats don't sound too encouraging but that's not the most reliable

Mostly Ligue 2. Only 3 seasons in Ligue 1 with a decreasing number of apperances... I agree, not too impressive for a 28 year old. He could still be a decent player I suppose but I hope he's not our 1st choice LB next season. I'm sure he would be ok as a backup left footed CB or LB though. We desperately need some depth.

Or perhaps just a part of the deal to get Seri's signature.

Tabby

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 12, 2018, 09:16:10 AM
Is le Marchand any good? His wiki stats don't sound too encouraging but that's not the most reliable

Mostly Ligue 2. Only 3 seasons in Ligue 1 with a decreasing number of apperances... I agree, not too impressive for a 28 year old. He could still be a decent player I suppose but I hope he's not our 1st choice LB next season. I'm sure he would be ok as a backup left footed CB or LB though. We desperately need some depth.

The wiki is not complete for last season. He had 41 starts all in all, but his page hasn't been updated properly. He was injured for half the season the season before.

Edit: I think he is meant to be competition for Ream, and cover for a LB coming in. If he is meant to be our first choice LB I'd be worried.

Deeping_white

When you say decreasing, he made 41 appearances last season, and the year before that he was hampered by a knee injury so I'm not sure where your stats are coming from. Just for benefit, his league only appearances are as follows with the overall total for additional context:

17/18: 29 (41 total)
16/17: 10 (13 total - also the year of his knee injury)
15/16: 26 (27 total)

LVBPTS

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Fulham and Nice are in advanced talks to finalise a double deal for midfielder Jean Michael Seri and defender Maxime Le Marchand.

One source has told us the combined deal could be worth in excess of £30m.

Both players are on standby to take medicals once the clubs have completed negotiations.

Chelsea had been favourites to sign Seri but with Napoli midfielder Jorginho seemingly on his way to Stamford Bridge, Fulham have taken advantage.
Supporter since 2000

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: corbs83 on July 12, 2018, 09:22:04 AM
BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Fulham and Nice are in advanced talks to finalise a double deal for midfielder Jean Michael Seri and defender Maxime Le Marchand.

One source has told us the combined deal could be worth in excess of £30m.

Both players are on standby to take medicals once the clubs have completed negotiations.

Chelsea had been favourites to sign Seri but with Napoli midfielder Jorginho seemingly on his way to Stamford Bridge, Fulham have taken advantage.

It can't be true, can it? I do believe we will sign the CB but both. It'll change the way times view us and signings like Musachio, Aigustinnson etc become realistic.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 12, 2018, 09:21:26 AM

When you say decreasing, he made 41 appearances last season, and the year before that he was hampered by a knee injury so I'm not sure where your stats are coming from. Just for benefit, his league only appearances are as follows with the overall total for additional context:

Wikipedia so not the most reliable... sorry!

Wiki said (league/total):

2015/16: 26/26
2016/17: 10/13
2017/18: 9/17

But apparantly not up to date for 2017/18. I stand corrected.

Deeping_white

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 12, 2018, 09:36:14 AM

I recommend Transfermarkt, statistically they're much better for stuff like that as you can see positional breakdown as well which show's he's more of a CB that plays LB if needed to.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 12, 2018, 09:42:38 AM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 12, 2018, 09:36:14 AM

I recommend Transfermarkt, statistically they're much better for stuff like that as you can see positional breakdown as well which show's he's more of a CB that plays LB if needed to.

Whoscored is also very good.

FFC1987

Tony Khan

Verified account

@TonyKhan
3m3 minutes ago
More
I'm delighted to announce that @FulhamFC has signed midfielder Jean-Michael Seri from Nice. He's been at the very top of our target list for a long time. This is a big day for Fulham. We're ecstatic that Jean-Michael is joining our squad as we return home to the @premierleague!

Ordar

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 12, 2018, 10:37:32 AM
Tony Khan

Verified account

@TonyKhan
3m3 minutes ago
More
I'm delighted to announce that @FulhamFC has signed midfielder Jean-Michael Seri from Nice. He's been at the very top of our target list for a long time. This is a big day for Fulham. We're ecstatic that Jean-Michael is joining our squad as we return home to the @premierleague!

unreal

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Ordar on July 12, 2018, 10:38:21 AM
Tony Khan

Verified account

@TonyKhan
3m3 minutes ago
More

unreal

:Haynes The Maestro: Amazing news! Well played all involved in this transfer!

No FulhamFC tweet or offal though?

Tabby

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 12, 2018, 10:39:09 AM
Quote from: Ordar on July 12, 2018, 10:38:21 AM
Tony Khan

Verified account

@TonyKhan
3m3 minutes ago
More

unreal

:Haynes The Maestro: Amazing news! Well played all involved in this transfer!

No FulhamFC tweet or offal though?

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/12/jean-michael-seri-signs

DevonFFC

"Subject to obtaining a work permit" I hope brexit doesn't kick in today

hovewhite

Marcel_Gecov

Deeping_white

Quote from: ollienixs on July 12, 2018, 10:43:11 AM
"Subject to obtaining a work permit" I hope brexit doesn't kick in today

Apparently it's v easy to get one based on the cost of a deal. Seeing some tweets from Alan Nixon who says Swansea are in a similar position but because  you spend a lot of money on a player it weighs heavily in the favour of the club, owing to tax income generated etc etc

wheelerdeeler

Anyone know what day we fly to France next week? Not to say a new signing can't meet us over there, but you'd think we'd want 2 or 3 more in for that trip. Most likely would be Le Marchand (who could be announced today I suppose) and Mitrovic.