The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingfish

Quote from: filham on July 12, 2018, 11:31:48 AM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on July 12, 2018, 11:22:28 AM
Quote from: OMalleyCat on July 12, 2018, 11:20:47 AM
Mitro will be next surely.
Wonder what the hold up is with him signing.?Maybe Newcastle need someone to replace him.

Newcastle have made it clear he is not the man for them. It would be great if he were now to sign for us without further delay but there must be some problem otherwise he would have signed weeks ago ,surely.

He's been at the world cup and then on holiday. That is all.

FFC1987

Not sure if it would have affected it, but I believe Newcastle were looking at Plea as, I imagine a potential replacement for losing Mitrovic and I believe that's fallen through so that *might* add some form of delay? Maybe its just teh WC/holiday....who knows. Just speculating.

AllyWhite

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 12, 2018, 12:25:13 PM
Not sure if it would have affected it, but I believe Newcastle were looking at Plea as, I imagine a potential replacement for losing Mitrovic and I believe that's fallen through so that *might* add some form of delay? Maybe its just teh WC/holiday....who knows. Just speculating.

I don't think they're buying a first team starter to replace a player they don't want.. Mitro will leave whether or not Plea goes to Newcastle.

FFC1987

Quote from: AllyWhite on July 12, 2018, 12:29:26 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 12, 2018, 12:25:13 PM

I don't think they're buying a first team starter to replace a player they don't want.. Mitro will leave whether or not Plea goes to Newcastle.

Naturally, you'd still include Mitrovic as a ST in your books who you could use when the season starts though. There is logic there even if we know Rafa won't use him. His current squad still includes him. But yeh, maybe I'm clutching at straws a little.

OMalleyCat

For what it's worth...

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko
8m8 minutes ago
More Alan Nixon Retweeted Harry
Still want Mitrovic. And a keeper.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 12, 2018, 01:23:54 AM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 12, 2018, 12:53:28 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2018, 10:25:31 PM
Joe Hart to Birmingham being touted.

Thought they were under an FFP embargo

You can still do loans and free transfers (with a max wage) under an embargo. Remember we signed Madl, Rohan Ince, Labyad and Baird when we had one.

Right you are. Thanks
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 12, 2018, 11:11:18 AM
Quote from: MJG on July 12, 2018, 11:08:18 AM
Anyone want to talk about Cardiff and their signings?

Can't we just enjoy some good news for a change.....

Enjoy? I hope all are reveling in it. It's been nothing but good news since January.....for Fulham anyway.  049:gif 051
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

wheelerdeeler

Fabri would be another good signing. Not sure about that one though, doubt we'd offer the wages he'd want given what he'd be on at Besiktas.

FFC NY

Hoppus

Quote from: OMalleyCat on July 12, 2018, 12:47:40 PM
For what it's worth...

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko
8m8 minutes ago

Very happy with todays transfers.
But if we only sign a striker and a keeper I would not be happy.
Odoi at left back? And no cover for Christie?

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: FFC NY on July 12, 2018, 01:52:47 PM
Fabricio Agosto Ramirez rumour on aspor tv in Turkey also...

https://www.fotomac.com.tr/webtv/videoizle/besiktasin-kalecisi-fabriye-fulhamdan-resmi-teklif

Any Turkish speakers care to translate?

It says this below the video "Official bid from Fulham to Beşiktaş's goalkeeper Fabri.
British team Fulham, Besiktas official offer for the goalkeeper Fabri."
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

twang

€4,5m offer from us for Fabri apparently.

Efsane Spor

@efsanespors
Fulham, Fabri için Beşiktaş'a 4.5 milyon euroluk resmi teklif yaptı. (A Spor)

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Hoppus on July 12, 2018, 02:02:19 PM
For what it's worth...

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko
8m8 minutes ago

I'd be very surprised if we only signed 4 players this window in total.

The club knows we need a LB, ST and RW, as well as another CB and ideally RB. We can have 2 loans so expect them to be filled, but I reckon we'll spend more.

The club has shown its ambition with an amazing signing today. The bar has been set, more signings are needed to follow this up now

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

wheelerdeeler

Looking through Twitter we've seemingly offered 3 million euros plus add-ons for Fabri, and because he's in the last year of his deal with Besiktas they're likely to accept. Take everything with a grain of salt though, because Turkish media are spotty to say the least.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: FFC NY on July 12, 2018, 01:52:47 PM
Fabricio Agosto Ramirez rumour on aspor tv in Turkey also...

https://www.fotomac.com.tr/webtv/videoizle/besiktasin-kalecisi-fabriye-fulhamdan-resmi-teklif

Any Turkish speakers care to translate?

Incidentally he joined Besiktas only a few weeks before our current Goalkeeping Coach left Besiktas.

snarks

Quote from: Hoppus on July 12, 2018, 02:02:19 PM
For what it's worth...

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko
8m8 minutes ago

Max can do LB or LCB, Slav may make Ream LB, also Steve Sess is pretty good, has to be room for him as Christie cover, but Denis cover all across the back. Doesn't mean I don't want another RB, CB RW and CF tho'

twang

Don't know how credible this is, but it says we're favourits to land André Carillo, right winger who impressed for Peru during the World Cup:

There is an added wrinkle to the André Carrillo saga, which might come as good news to Peruvians.

Libero is reporting that Fulham wants to sign Carrillo and is offering higher wages (about $4.5 million annually) than Benfica/Al-Hilal. His future will reportedly be known "in the next few hours."

Most people will be wary of Libero because it's usually hit-or-miss with transfer rumours. But it was the first outlet to report on Independiente's interest in Christian Cueva and the subsequent bid.

Fulham currently have two right wingers on the books, including 23-year-old Aboubakar Kamara, who came through the youth system at Monaco. He was also a key starter at Amiens in Ligue 2 when they won promotion to Ligue 1. Kamara eventually left for Fulham.

However, Carrillo has the advantage of big-game experience and spent a full campaign in the Premier League, albeit as a rotation option at Watford. Maybe Fulham wants a more seasoned player on the right wing.

http://www.futboldlb.com/peruvians-abroad/transfer-rumour-roundup-which-peruvian-players-could-be-on-the-move/

Ordar

West Ham are signing some great players this window

mkras99

Fulham in for Andre Carillo from Benfica/Peru per this article - https://libero.pe/futbol-internacional/1276722-andre-carrillo-marcharia-fulham-premier-league-christian-cueva-mls

For his part, André Carrillo already had everything to sign with Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia but the pressure of the fans, which considered that going to play in that league would not be a good decision for his match, was decisive to put in pause the movement.

It is there that England's Fulham appears offering twice as much as Benfica ($ 4.5 million) and the possibility of continuing in one of the best leagues in the world, the Premier League.