watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aston Villa Players should shut up

Started by Andy S, May 18, 2018, 09:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

This is how James Chester thinks Aston Villa can upset Fulham's approach in the play-off final

Fulham are known for being a team who enjoy the ball - but Chester and co have more experience of the big occasion

(Andy Says)Their team is older. Football is a young man's game Fulham is younger team with experience in vital positions

Aston Villa defender James Chester reckons they must 'get about' Fulham if they're to stop the Cottagers at Wembley and join Wolves and Cardiff in the Premier League next season.

(Andy Says)Talk about stating the bl****** obvious. But will they? For me its about scoring goals at the right time. there is no coming back from an 89th minute winner

Play-off finals are traditionally cagey with matches rarely being decided by more than one goal either way, and though Fulham are narrow favourites heading into the fixture, Welsh international Chester believes that getting among their opposition's possession-based style could work in Villa's favour.
"It's a huge game," Chester told AVTV. "I've been lucky enough to have a few big games in my career and a couple of them at Wembley.

"There's a few lads in the changing room that have done the same, so hopefully that'll give us a slight advantage going into Saturday.

"It'll be a fabulous occasion for our fans and ourselves to look forward to and hopefully we'll be celebrating come the end.

"It'll be a difficult game. I think over two seasons at this level we've beaten them at home and they've beaten us away.

(Andy Says)A lot of teams have tried this season and a lot have failed. On December 17 Fulham were 10 points behind Aston Villa. They finished the Season 5 points ahead. That is significant and psychologically Fulham are in Pole position.
Being in London It is as good as being at home. There is no long journey or staying away from home. Yes we all celebrated on Monday night but Slav will bring the team back down to earth for next week. It will be hard but we will get there

Milo

He doesn't say anything you wouldn't expect in that interview though! I mean... can't blame him for looking at the game positively when Villa fans will predominately be reading it!

I thought you were going to quote him when he mocked our changing room celebrations. He claimed it was as if "we'd won the league". I think we celebrated like that because a) this time last year we didn't perform when we had to and b) we were so flat in the Birm game, then didn't get a result at Derby and heads were starting to drop. And anyway, Wembley is an event in itself.

I think if Villa spent another 5-6 years in the Championship they will too find themselves celebrating when they get chance to claw their way out. That could very well happen.. if they lose in the playoffs.. the new Championship teams come down and hit the ground running.. one or two surprise teams (ala Cardiff) make a big push and they lose again in the playoffs etc etc etc.

Nero

By get about them does he mean kick us in the air or close down, a team of old man in heat running about for 90 mins will take its toll, 2 - o Fulham goals coming in the 73rd and 84th mins

Milo

1-0 half time Villa
2-1 full time Whites

Stoneleigh Loyalist

There has been much criticism from outside the club of the dressing room scenes after the Derby game.
The point was made that you would have thought that we were already in the Premiership.

By contrast AV were quiet professionals who had done their job and had a manager who stressed there was still another one to do.

We are the better team, but I do,hope that AV approach is not to their advantage on the big day.

It may not sound it, but I still have faith.

flyingfish

If anything he dressing room scenes showed the team spirit and celebration of bouncing back from Birmingham and the first leg,with the whole crowd behind them after a decisive win. People in any walk of life are allowed to celebrate successes and it was a success,one goal achieved and on to the next in good spirit.

On the other hand villa fans chanted obscenities at each other after scraping through. Whatever makes them feel better.

Milo

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 18, 2018, 11:10:37 AM
There has been much criticism from outside the club of the dressing room scenes after the Derby game.
The point was made that you would have thought that we were already in the Premiership.

By contrast AV were quiet professionals who had done their job and had a manager who stressed there was still another one to do.

We are the better team, but I do,hope that AV approach is not to their advantage on the big day.

As above though. They've just come down from Prem. Wait til 5 more years and see how they react to the playoff final then. It's a big deal getting out this league... a lot of hard graft.

bill taylors apprentice

So what!
It shows that we are up for it and we have over a week to get our game heads on.

Also, missing out on automatic promotion on the last day of the season and going behind in the first leg of the semi can't be compared to Villa sitting safely in the play off spots for some time.

A bit of emotion from all of us was totally understandable!

BedsFFC

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 18, 2018, 11:10:37 AM

HAd the final been this Saturday, I probably would have a concern about this. 12 days is more than enough to calm down and then refocus. Our players can still feel the pain of 12 months ago. The following players started the game at Reading

Marcus Bettinelli
2Ryan Fredericks
26Tomas Kalas
13Tim Ream
10Tom Cairney
6Kevin McDonald
14Stefan Johansen
7Neeskens Kebano
11Floyd Ayité

Odoi, Sess and Piazon were on bench

ffcne

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 18, 2018, 11:22:23 AM
So what!
It shows that we are up for it and we have over a week to get our game heads on.

Also, missing out on automatic promotion on the last day of the season and going behind in the first leg of the semi can't be compared to Villa sitting safely in the play off spots for some time.

A bit of emotion from all of us was totally understandable!

Totally agree . Why not celebrate .Turned around a deficit , missed out last year and just missed out on automatic this year .Also the club has not been to Wembley for 43 years
And for the players to go on that unbeaten run and not make it would have been an injustice .
It showed the team really care  and a bit of celebrating as a team is good.
Big club Villa can shut up .

FFCpmd

I know which dressing room I'd rather be in! Love our boys excitement and enthusiasm, whereas Villa sound like a really boring bunch of f@rts...

Jimpav

Everyone connected with Fulham was on a massive high after that match so it's no wonder the players were excited.

Good for them, they deserved it and if anything it will give them a taste of what to expect if they win next week.

NogoodBoyo

THERE WAS ONE HUGE DIFFERENCE!
On Monday we won 2-0 in a very good, tough game of football against a decent, in-form, defensively-minded team. And the victory was all the sweeter for the fact that it was so comprehensive.
On the next day, Villa scraped through with a flat 0-0 draw that had the all the excitement of a bake-off.  Sneaking through with a 0-0 draw on the last home game of the season in front of their fans is definitely not cause for celebration.   
Nogood "who celebrates 0-0 draws, isit" Boyo

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on May 18, 2018, 04:25:06 PM
On Monday we won 2-0 in a very good, tough game of football against a decent, in-form, defensively-minded team. And the victory was all the sweeter for the fact that it was so comprehensive.
On the next day, Villa scraped through with a flat 0-0 draw that had the all the excitement of a bake-off.  Sneaking through with a 0-0 draw on the last home game of the season in front of their fans is definitely not cause for celebration.   

Well put 👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Forever Fulham

They're going to goon it up.  Period.

hovewhite

Let em think and publicly think we will roll over and tell the world as they think they are there already.Slab sticks all this press cuttings in front of our boys and then stick the finger right up em.
COYWs and keep BELIEVING.

FulhamKC

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on May 18, 2018, 04:25:06 PM

0001.jpeg

The Rock

Not sure what the problem is here. What were you expecting him to say? Looks like we need to start a new Warnock thread.

terryr

I couldn't care less what AV players say
They are going to get thrashed and it will be embarrassing for them poor little dears

Andy S

It's about respect. We have said very little in comparison