News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much will the Club make from the Final?

Started by Neil D, May 19, 2018, 09:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

Ticket sales and Sky TV fees must amount to a tidy sum - dwarfed, of course, by the so-called £170m for promotion.  There's probably been a surge in merchandise sales as well.  Even I have bought a polo shirt - though I may not wear it unless it's properly warm.  Old codgers feel the cold.

jeremyfulham

I think the loser gets all the receipts , not sure what that is worth though .

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Sounds as though it could be worth as much as the FA Cup Final, even to the loser, but I don't want it again next year. Man. City, Man.U., Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs., and Liverpool at the Cottage provide a much more attractive alternative.

Ged

6 Financial Rules relating to the Final matches

6.1 Where a Club sells match tickets on behalf of The League, the proceeds of ticket sales shall be paid to The League in accordance with the provisions of Article 79.

6.2 Both Clubs shall be entitled to claim a maximum of two nights overnight hotel accommodation if incurred. Such expenses shall be limited to those incurred for a party not exceeding twenty-four in number.

6.3 The proceeds of each match after paying thereout the travelling and/or hotel expenses, for a maximum of two nights and only if incurred (at the rate and as determined by the Executive from time to time, per person per night), of the competing Clubs, the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, hire of stadium, advertising, printing, postage, police charges, turnstile operators, stewards, contribution to first aid helpers, catering, entertainment, travelling and/or hotel expenses of The League Board, staff, match officials and ball boys shall hereafter be referred to as 'the Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy'. A levy amounting to 3% of the Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy shall be payable in accordance with Article 67. The balance of the net proceeds after deduction of the Levy represents the Net Gate Receipts and such Net Gate Receipts shall be divided as follows:

6.3.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 65;

6.3.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be divided equally between the two Clubs taking part in each Final Play-Off match.

6.4 Where spectators are admitted to the Final Play-Off matches as part of hospitality arrangements by The League then the income from such hospitality arrangements shall be included in the Final Net Gate Receipts Levy.

6.5 Income derived from programme sales and perimeter advertising after paying thereout all attributable costs shall be included in the Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy.

6.6 Any income or costs which are attributable to more than one match, including without limitation the Stadium hire costs, will be apportioned pro rata to gate receipts.

6.7 Income from television broadcasting of any match shall not form part of the proceeds of the match. No facility fees shall be payable to Clubs.

SG

In summary not a lot once the FA have got their useless grubby on hands on the proceeds

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Neil D on May 19, 2018, 09:16:34 AM
Ticket sales and Sky TV fees must amount to a tidy sum - dwarfed, of course, by the so-called £170m for promotion.  There's probably been a surge in merchandise sales as well.  Even I have bought a polo shirt - though I may not wear it unless it's properly warm.  Old codgers feel the cold.
yeh, really know what you mean Neal.
You have to plan in advance when you reach an advanced age!!

MJG

Tradition is that the winning club forfeits all the income and allows the loser to have it.
Just the views of a long term fan