watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa Talk

Started by RoyTund, May 20, 2018, 06:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyTund

Still talking about them taking thousands more fans and getting extra blocks. They have thousands of tickets left, us a few hundred. Seems they are going to be a little surprised.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17589-tickets/?page=10

Stevieboy

"A few thousand Villa will get tickets from Fulham fans"......thousands ????? I don't  think so chummy.

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

General

They seem confident our tickets have been taken by their fans? Perhaps we'll convert a few then ;)

Don't think it's the right time to compare sales numbers. Fulham fans were allowed to buy 5 per season ticket.. villa fans weren't. Their ticket sales started a bit later as they qualified for the final later... and I'm sure they'll sell out too. So the time it takes is a slight irrelevance.

General

I did find it slightly ironic that the posts they picked up on from this forum were those of people being confident yet if you read their site they're just as confident.. with a few of their fans thinking they could thrash us.. they've also apparently only conceded two goals in their last seven games and are focusing on us losing two of our last three.

General

We've conceded 6 goals in our last 10 with 3 of those in the game against Birmingham so.. 3 goals in 9 games for us.

RoyTund

Of course their tickets sales were more restricted but I doubt any of them thought we would sell out. I think there would only be a serious attempt to get tickets in our end once they sell out which works out well as we have essentially already done so.  Also they started selling tickets at 5 pm the same day we did.

Sgt Fulham

Villa could trash us? Please. We all know they're going to play negative football, try and nick a goal and defend their way to the Premier League.

Coldhands

Quote from: RoyTund on May 20, 2018, 06:27:46 PM
Still talking about them taking thousands more fans and getting extra blocks. They have thousands of tickets left, us a few hundred. Seems they are going to be a little surprised.

That's because we sell tickets in a scaled manner.

For a usual away game you'd have the 800 odd away scheme members getting an automatic allocation, then 18 aways, 12 aways and so on until general sale.

Criteria has changed from 5pm today to 3+ games this season from season ticket holders. Given we have an allocation of 38 thousand plus and around 22,000 season ticket holders, you're naturally going to have tickets left over.

We will.likely go down to general sale, which is Wednesday for the last 4-5000.

We sell 1 ticket per client reference. Your selling of 5 per client reference is a little odd and has seen large numbers end up on third party sites. I anticipate you'll sell out but I don't anticipate your end will be fully occupied as a result.

Milo

I couldn't work their forum out.

They have a general forum which is just full of individual player threads: "Jedinak", "Snodgrass" etc.

Then they have one Fulham thread with just the four pages on it. It's a bit strange  094.gif

Coldhands

Quote from: Statto on May 21, 2018, 12:11:33 AM
Quote from: Coldhands on May 20, 2018, 11:59:01 PM

5,000 on general sale to any Tom, Dick or Harry?!

No, a client reference is still required.

If you're struggling for a ticket, try here:
the cheapest is the 10 being sold for £147 the buy product of making 5 tickets available per client.

KJS

For a usual away game you'd have the 800 odd away scheme members getting an automatic allocation, then 18 aways, 12 aways and so on until general sale.

Criteria has changed from 5pm today to 3+ games this season from season ticket holders. Given we have an allocation of 38 thousand plus and around 22,000 season ticket holders, you're naturally going to have tickets left over.

We sell 1 ticket per client reference. Your selling of 5 per client reference is a little odd and has seen large numbers end up on third party sites. I anticipate you'll sell out but I don't anticipate your end will be fully occupied as a result.

Its good that they are going on general sale at Villa as I need another 10  :54:

KJS

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 06:51:24 AM

5,000 on general sale to any Tom, Dick or Harry?!

In that case they're not going on General sale then  :doh:

No, a client reference is still required.

Coldhands

That's what the club classifies it as, but you're not able to purchase tickets home or away at the Villa "off the street". The club encourages membership and assigning attendances to your client reference.

Neil D

That's another advantage of finishing 3rd. You qualify for the final quicker, put your tickets on sale quicker, sell out quicker, then your fans still get a second bite of the cherry in the opposition's general sale...
If I didn't have a ticket, I would rather watch the match on TV than with a bunch of opposition supporters. 

grandad

I once won a Cup Final ticket in a raffle. The match was Wimbledon vs Liverpool. Guess which end I was in. I went to support Wimbledon as I used to live not far from Plough Lane. When Sanchez scored I just had to hide myself.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RoyTund

Er yes I realise that.We have also sold in a scaled manner but with more tickets available per st, member. Given the stuff I've been hearing all week about how massive villa are its still odd to get to that final group.