watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa twitter (they are a salty lot)

Started by flyingfish, May 20, 2018, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingfish

Just made the mistake of looking on Twitter at what villa fans are saying. God, it must be a miserable life up there in Birmingham. What a bitter, angry, salty bunch of people. The sense of entitlement is insane. Apparently, I have learned, that they have more fans is justification alone for their promotion to the premier league, or if not that, that their players have more experience at Wembley, or if that, that we have clappers, or if not that, that we celebrated on the pitch at the semi. Compare to theirs, the fans turned on each other!! They are so entitled it's  bizarrw. Obsessed with their 'size' and how many fans they haveq. Not one Fulham fan would claim that Fulham is 'bigger' than villa and so what? We're blessed and love the club the way it is.

They use the words tinpot every other thread, like football teams SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO EXIST if they do not have the fine exalted history and attendances and endless list of achievements that a club the stature of villa has. We are not allowed to have our fun, and the mere possibility of a Fulham victory (which none of them allow might happen) is an affront to the natural order of things.

Fulham fan tweets though are celebratory, well spirited, excited, helpful (getting each other tickets, people like mjg helping out etc), funny. Nothing like that coming out of villa.   

At the end of they day, win or lose they will still live in Birmingham, and we will still be part of this amazing community the Fulham family.

flyingfish

Example tweet, apropos of absolutely Nothing, typical salty villa fan.

The #fulforce twitter hashtag , the singing section , fulham are a joke club it's embarrassing we've even gotta have a contest with that shambolic tourist club to go up .. #AVFC

And this is typical. It's embarrassing playing us apparently. Might as well call it off and forfiet the match.

rubbernecca

Aston Villa - sounds fancy but it's not.

Andy S

Expect more of the same this week but whatever you do don't bother the wind up radio station Talk sh**

WokinghamWhite

If it's as sorted as they think then someone needs to tell the bookies who have us as clear favourites.

Woolly Mammoth

This only succeeds in firing us up with even more determination to beat them on the day.
They seem to have no respect, and are deluded, we have been beating better teams than them all season.
It's abour football not size, history counts for nothing on Saturday. We are entitled to be there at the Final, we have earnt the right to be there on merit, by playing football these football snobs can only dream about.
The best way to answer their deluded nonsense, is to do our talking on the pitch.
Whatever, the result I shall be more proud of my team than any Villa fan can be of his team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

It's games like the one we've got coming up at Wembley that helps clubs grow and build their fan bases.. and if we win, makes other clubs with bigger fan bases take us more seriously and notice us for our history that continues to grow with games like these.

Villa is a bigger club, they've more finals and succeses then us.. but if you went back 20 years that would've been the case with them when compared to some of the global powerhouses of English football we see today... Chelsea, Man City,  arsenal, Tottenham etc.

The one thing I'll take from the game the most regardless of result (although I hope we win) is the amount of fans we'll have there. It sounds as if we've sold out our allocation or will have (although I worry how many empty seats will be there due to touts).. I remember nights at the cottage and the europa league and what's best about those memories are the atmosphere and seeing so many fulham fans in one place.. it's great to be part of the fulham family and even greater when you can share all the same memories together.

38,000 fans at Wembley will be quite something.. just hoping the headlines after the game will be just as euphoric.

Sgt Fulham

Imagine being so angry at the world that you have to place the entirety of your pride in a football club's fanbase and history. Most of these idiots are young and haven't been around when Villa were good so who gives a toss about their history? We're the oldest team in London and have a good history too. Sure, they draw larger crowds, but that doesn't entitle you to win anything. They haven't been a top team for a very long time and they shared the same league as Burton Albion for two seasons. They're on the same pitch as us and they need to show a bit of respect. Nobody cares about your fan base. Grow up.

Hope we condemn them to another few years in this league. Maybe after an extended period in this league they will grow some humility.

Coldhands

Quote from: Statto on May 20, 2018, 08:52:02 PM
If they were Man City or Real Madrid I'd doff my cap to them. But they're not. They haven't won anything for 40 years. They get 32,000 each week, not 70,000. Their manager is Steve Bruce FFS.

Personally if I were them, I'd have a bit of perspective and humility... like most Fulham fans for example.

In the last 40 years we've won the league, European Cup, battered Barca in the Super Cup and won 2 league cups and played a lot of European football.

A rather nebulous idea of nothing you have there.

b+w geezer

Villa have more support and a more glorious past. It's been Fulham supporters who've been to a European Final this century.

On the pitch, where we've faced each other in three divisions, each club has won 23 and there've been 22 draws. All in all, it's not David versus Goliath.

Roberty

Only a BIG club like Villa would spend so much buying Ross McCormack from us - that is the true mark of their more recent success

Even more amusing is that Ross will get a big pay rise if they beat us next Saturday, even though he has not played for them this season, and to make matters worse, for them, is that they will be paying it until 2020.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ffcne

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 12:07:25 AM
If they were Man City or Real Madrid I'd doff my cap to them. But they're not. They haven't won anything for 40 years. They get 32,000 each week, not 70,000. Their manager is Steve Bruce FFS.

Personally if I were them, I'd have a bit of perspective and humility... like most Fulham fans for example.

In the last 40 years we've won the league, European Cup, battered Barca in the Super Cup and won 2 league cups and played a lot of European football.

He's back .

Coldhands

Quote from: Statto on May 21, 2018, 12:15:34 AM

I apologise.

I feel like such a fool. 

Superfluous words cut.

KJS

And yet all you are at this time is a Championship club  :54:

Coldhands

He made a statement that didn't bear much scrutiny. He said we'd won nothing, when we have won more in that time than all but 5 or 6 clubs out the 92, including trophies Man City still dream of.

flyingfish

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 07:01:14 AM
He made a statement that didn't bear much scrutiny. He said we'd won nothing, when we have won more in that time than all but 5 or 6 clubs out the 92, including trophies Man City still dream of.

You're missing the point. Which is that you're all so angry about this. And that none of this counts for anything on the pitch on Saturday. Yet you and a bunch of other angry young men, who weren't even born when the events you mention took place, seem to think that the play off match is an irrelevance and you should just get promoted in recognition of your 'history '.

KJS

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 07:01:14 AM

History is just that, England won the World Cup in 66 but have been Pants ever since the fact that Villa have ended up in the Championship shows that past glories (and that's all you have) mean absolutely nothing, so go back to you Villa mates and talk about the olden days and look forward to Saturday its a game you must win as if you don't you can expect to see your best players move on just like we will no doubt.

b+w geezer

Whoever wins on Saturday will edge in front over 69 head-to-heads.

I'll be there, as in 1971 when we lost both fixtures but still got promoted from what's now called League One.  Villa had to wait another season. Before too long they were champions of Europe.

A blink of an eye on from beating Juventus, we are losing to Burton. History is like that.  Makes life interesting.

The present is intriguingly poised -- why not leave it at that?

Twig

This Coldhands guy is a bit of a jerk (I assume his real name is Luke?).  Seriously, who cares whether it was 40 or 36 years ago that they last won anything?  Statto made a perfectly fair point and he displays exactly the sad bitterness that the OP was commenting on.  Talk about proving the point!
The ground has seen better days, the squad is ageing, the glory days are past.  I'm not gloating, I will freely admit that they were a bigger club than we have ever been, but these clubs and their fans that think their past glories entitle them to success in the present day are living dangerously.  Just look at Leeds as an example.

Holders

In the past they've been a bigger club. If I remember rightly, they once held the record for FA cup wins at 7. I expect it's still 7. In my time the two clubs have been pretty much nip and tuck. Perhaps they have more fans as there are fewer teams in Brum but what's that got to do with the quality of the football?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria