watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa twitter (they are a salty lot)

Started by flyingfish, May 20, 2018, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwamy

Sounds like the Villa fans are still in denial about being relegated two seasons ago, which is strange because you can chart their gradual decline over at least ten years. They may think they are still one of the big clubs but quite simply, they are not. It's not about your gate or the number of empty seats in your stadium. It's about league position.

mrmicawbers

Ha ha what a knob. Personifies what Brummie are like.They think they're funny and won't shut up.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 02:43:35 PM
You need to work? How awfully quaint.
Yes tw@t we do work.We would love to be on benefits street but you know,we have some pride down here.How is fat Dee btw?lol

flyingfish

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 21, 2018, 05:19:47 PM
Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 02:43:35 PM
You need to work? How awfully quaint.
Yes tw@t we do work.We would love to be on benefits street but you know,we have some pride down here.How is fat Dee btw?lol

Earning more money in the capital than they could ever dream of. We could buy up half of Birmingham, but we don't, because frankly, it's poo. A Tuscan villa is so much more pleasant, don't you find?

Twig

Quote from: Holders on May 21, 2018, 10:43:40 AM
Quote from: KJS on May 21, 2018, 10:39:01 AM
Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 10:32:48 AM
Thank you for taking the time to register your disinterest.

Its not disinterest its just that we've never had the Pleasure of a Village Idiot posting on here in fact you have even made Brentford fans look intelligent :54:

He clearly doesn't know what disinterest means. No-one on this board is disinterested, we all support FFC or AV, therefore we have an interest. Perhaps he means uninterested.

Nice point Holders correcting a factual inaccuracy!

FFCFOREVER

Hmmmm.Let me see. A lovely Tuscan villa vs a shanty town in Brum.Well I know which I prefer.Anyway Mr Danny Dyer and I are off for a game croquet at Tarquins garden party.Toodle pip

Bill2

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 07:01:14 AM
He made a statement that didn't bear much scrutiny. He said we'd won nothing, when we have won more in that time than all but 5 or 6 clubs out the 92, including trophies Man City still dream of.
You have won nothing for years, you are trading on history. Welcome to the real world where you are a lower division club.

Villa Gloucester

Hi guys, Villa fan here in peace.

We're not all a salty bunch, unfortunately Twitter is not a good representation of any clubs supporters imo, I'd ignore most of those.

Most supporters that I speak to are very respectful of Fulham and what you've achieved this season, and are very wary of playing yourselves in such an important game.

Why don't we leave all the squabbling/name calling etc in the playground where it belongs and look forward to what should be a cracking game?

Anyway, good luck for Saturday. May the best team win.....

WhiteJC

Quote from: Villa Gloucester on May 22, 2018, 02:39:56 PM

We're not all a salty bunch, unfortunately Twitter is not a good representation of any clubs supporters imo, I'd ignore most of those.

Most supporters that I speak to are very respectful of Fulham and what you've achieved this season, and are very wary of playing yourselves in such an important game.

Why don't we leave all the squabbling/name calling etc in the playground where it belongs and look forward to what should be a cracking game?

0001.jpeg

Maidstone Lee

Twitter is probably the worst place to look for opinions on other teams. Am I right that Villa sold out their allocation today as well? Can't wait for Saturday! Indeed, may the best team win...(Up the Fulham!)
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

RaySmith

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 22, 2018, 02:41:33 PM

0001.jpeg

0001.jpeg

Villa Gloucester

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on May 22, 2018, 02:44:14 PM

Twitter is probably the worst place to look for opinions on other teams. Am I right that Villa sold out their allocation today as well? Can't wait for Saturday! Indeed, may the best team win...(Up the Fulham!)
Yeah, sold out this morning. Been a pretty long process for fans getting tickets from what I've been told. I'll be on my honeymoon so can't make it to Wembley myself, probably for the best as these sorts of games are not very good for my stress levels lol.

Twig

Quote from: Villa Gloucester on May 22, 2018, 02:51:23 PM

Yeah, sold out this morning. Been a pretty long process for fans getting tickets from what I've been told. I'll be on my honeymoon so can't make it to Wembley myself, probably for the best as these sorts of games are not very good for my stress levels lol.

Thanks for the more level headed post. Congratulations on your marriage and enjoy the honeymoon (although I obviously hope you have to get over the disappointment of a defeat).

Lighthouse

Most fans on both sides are like me nervous and wish we could do other things to keep our mind off the game. But we can't. There will always be the kiddies and the big mouth fans who like to pretend their gang is better than the other gang. But for most of us these games are rare and painful up until kick off. Then twitchy and nervy during the game. Then either euphoric or funereal after. Just hope that nobody makes a big mistake, that we can play and be proud of the day. Whatever happens we will all still support the same sides after the game as we did before the game. Just wish the game wasn't so important. I don't like the stress either.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Villa Gloucester

Quote from: Twig on May 22, 2018, 03:35:18 PM
Quote from: Villa Gloucester on May 22, 2018, 02:51:23 PM

Thanks for the more level headed post. Congratulations on your marriage and enjoy the honeymoon (although I obviously hope you have to get over the disappointment of a defeat).
Thank you Twig, although I obviously hope for the opposite to your last point haha.

Old School

Fulham fan based in Birmingham here.  I can vouch for Villa Gloucester. Most Villa fans would (grudgingly) wish us well if we win... once they calm down and stop ranting. I've had brilliant banter this season as we climbed up the table. The past few days - Birmingham City apart - have been great. There are always the hardline Villa loonies, but every club has them.  The mantra up here is all about Villa's experience/our lack of it, and that Birmingham have shown how to beat us. Ticketmaster proved impossible even with my purchase history, so it's a local boozer for me on Saturday. Better than two hours on the train each way full of pissed up Villa fans, mind.

Villa Gloucester

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2018, 03:55:25 PM
Most fans on both sides are like me nervous and wish we could do other things to keep our mind off the game. But we can't. There will always be the kiddies and the big mouth fans who like to pretend their gang is better than the other gang. But for most of us these games are rare and painful up until kick off. Then twitchy and nervy during the game. Then either euphoric or funereal after. Just hope that nobody makes a big mistake, that we can play and be proud of the day. Whatever happens we will all still support the same sides after the game as we did before the game. Just wish the game wasn't so important. I don't like the stress either.
Nail on the head there mate, this game has the makings of a cracker. You hope either way that the game is decided on a moment(s) of quality rather than errors. There just feels like there is such a long way to go until Saturday......

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Coldhands on May 21, 2018, 11:12:47 AM
He has a disinterest in what I say. I have a disinterest in furthering a debate on the meaning of disinterest in all honesty.
This is why brothers and Sisters should not sleep together!!
Just saying 👍 😂
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

fulham traveller

Nice guy villa fan from Gloucester, tough game I would make villa favorites. They will play like brum did against us, and hurt us from set pieces, but if it's  level after 70 mins I would then fancy us

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fulham traveller on May 22, 2018, 06:42:55 PM
Nice guy villa fan from Gloucester, tough game I would make villa favorites. They will play like brum did against us, and hurt us from set pieces, but if it's  level after 70 mins I would then fancy us
70 mins!
Not very much faith in us then?