News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A funny story at Villa Park in the cup a few years ago.

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, May 21, 2018, 01:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I have posted this before, several years ago.

When we played them in the Cup in 1999, I could only get tickets, through a mate, amongst the Villa fans.
So, me and my daughter duly turn up clandestinely.
When Simon Morgan scored the first goal early on, we couldn't resist jumping up and down etc.
Attracting the attention of all around who shouted various explitives at us.
A steward wandered up and told us to remain seated and stop "annoying the home supporters in their area"
When Steve Hayward scored the second, human nature took over and up we went again shouting
and singing.
The abuse got worse (mostly older guys) and I couldn't resist a couple of retorts.
Up the aisle storms the steward who said "If you do that one more time I'll have to throw you out"  or words to that effect.

I replied  "If we do it again and get thrown out, I won't give a toss as we'll be winning 3-0"

Fair play to the locals, a few of them started chuckling and suddenly the atmosphere towards us changed
from outright hostility to accepting our presence, and from then on they were mostly friendly.

Oh dear, where was Stan Collymore that day when they needed him   :005:

From there to Man Utd where, through another contact, I met an ex Man City player (from the Lee, Bell era)
and got 2 tickets in the home seating.
"Fortunately we didn't scored"  otherwise our remains might still be in Old Trafford.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Andy S

Similar story in our promotion year at our away trip to Brentford.The tickets for away supporters had sold out. So I bought 3 ticket to sit amount the Brentford fans. I told my sons they were not to cheer under any circumstances. When we scored our first goal I almost forgot myself and jumped up and just sat down again with a smile on my face. It was the same with the second goal. When the third one went in I couldn't contain myself. Almost the entire stand erupted the place was full of Fulham supporters

In the Enclosure

I think Villa were top of the
Prem that day whilst we were div 3. Came face to face with an Old Villa supporter crossing a footbtbridge. He looked me squarely in the eyes and said 4-0 to which I shrugged and said maybe. Just wish I could have found him on the way back to say he was only half right at 0-2. Fantastic day out. Fulham deserved the win that day !

bog

Stevieboy

Similar experience with a Chelski fan a few years ago.
Was in Sydney's on corner of Munster/Kingwood Road.....obviously alternating between us and them on home games.
Saw this big bald Neanderthal lumbering towards me and thought I'd be friendly.
"What's the score going to be then...?"......"5-0 he grunted".........good job Boa had other ideas on that day !!!! 049:gif

Dodger53

We did the same - only tickets were in Villa family area, we were a couple of families with children including a friends child who was a Villa fan. I clapped when Simon Morgan was substituted and a guy in front knew were were Fulham because no Villa fan would applaud an ex blue nose - threated to put my lights out -  nice!