https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Songs for Saturday

Started by Andy S, May 21, 2018, 06:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterWheel

"He comes from Serbia
He's gonna murder you"

Really ??? I always hear and sing the second line somewhat differently! " He'll F*****g murder ya".

Mitch

Quote from: Andy S on May 23, 2018, 02:31:15 PM
You lot are too touchy about other clubs taking the p**s. All football clubs take the p out of each other and if you don't like it don't follow football. They can take the p however they like as long as we win on Saturday. Taking the p a human quality which should be admired. Learning to laugh along with others is another one.

We're pretty good at setting ourselves up though.

Stevieboy

AYITE FROM THE HALFWAY LINE !!!!!!!

ffcne

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on May 23, 2018, 10:47:10 AM
Andy just an FYI this thread has gone viral on twitter with Villa fans taking the P--S. Rightly so.

If we need print off song sheets for fans, I will genuinely give up attending football matches.

If someone has not been to watch a Fulham match, firstly I question how long they have been gone for them not have any clue whatsoever. And secondly I'm sure they can pick up songs very quickly by just going for few beers before the match in a pub where the Fulham fans will be, or just being willing to get involved in supporting the team within the ground.

We have already been mocked by Villa fans due to an FFC fan being compelled to advise fans we should take a portable fans as it will be hot, now this. This is not a school field trip, its playoff final.

Who cares what Villa fans think .Fulham is a unique club .
We can do what we want clappers ,song sheets,picnics,dress in white etc.
WE ARE FULHAM,WE ARE FULHAM
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
WE ARE FULHAM SUPER FULHAM
WE ARE  FULHAM  .
F xxx  Cxxxxxxx

What do Villa sing.KUMBAYA .
I used to sing that at Sunday School
You can stuff your big club .

alfie

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on May 23, 2018, 10:47:10 AM
Andy just an FYI this thread has gone viral on twitter with Villa fans taking the P--S. Rightly so.

If we need print off song sheets for fans, I will genuinely give up attending football matches.

If someone has not been to watch a Fulham match, firstly I question how long they have been gone for them not have any clue whatsoever. And secondly I'm sure they can pick up songs very quickly by just going for few beers before the match in a pub where the Fulham fans will be, or just being willing to get involved in supporting the team within the ground.

We have already been mocked by Villa fans due to an FFC fan being compelled to advise fans we should take a portable fans as it will be hot, now this. This is not a school field trip, its playoff final.
To be honest I could not give a toss what Villa fans think.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Holders on May 22, 2018, 11:02:45 AM
Quote from: Mitch on May 22, 2018, 09:37:29 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 22, 2018, 09:21:04 AM
Quote from: corbs83 on May 22, 2018, 08:32:39 AM
While I agree about the print offs, this is a pretty useful thread

Monday was my first time in the Hammersmith end for some years and I loved every minute. Every song. I've found them going round my head ever since but I too forget some.

Listing them on here is a great idea for those that aren't 100% up on all songs

My ones to add...

He's one of our own. He's one of our own. Ryan sessignon. He's one of our own

And

Mitros on fire. To the tune of the will grigg version

Also

Ain't nobody. Like Tom cairney
Makes me happy. Makes me feel this way
( To the tune of ain't nobody by Shaka khan)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thank you. This exactly illustrates the point. As an old so and so, I have never heard of Will Grigg. But I can shout, and do, Mitro's on Fire. The Ryan F song is quite beyond me, words and tune.

How did you miss Will Grigg? Not a dig, but it was huge. It was the biggest football song of 2015/16 - all over the Euro's!

Is he the bloke that makes the pasties?

Made me laugh!!  064.gif

bwamy

As we have sold out 39,000 tickets and we only average around a bit more than half that many supporters for home games, I think it is a safe bet to say that not everyone will know the words to the songs so it is a nice gesture of Andy to include some of them here. Let's not be like Villa fans - pretending to be one of the big boys when we aren't. The Fulham area is a dynamic one which has seen massive socio-economic changes in the last four decades with the diaspora of FFC supporters spread all over, not just Britain but the whole world. That much is on evidence on this very board, with Fulham fans from all corners of the globe coming for this special family reunion. We need everything we can muster to take the boys over the line. So I say SING SING SING! your hearts out. If you don't know the words just make them up. COYW!!

bigalffc

Me and my family (8 of us) will be part of the white wall and will sing anything.
I was there in '75 and nothing could be more embarrassing than viva el Fulham but I sang it at the top of my voice. COYW

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Andy S

Totally agree and so did I. I ran a mobile disco at the time and when I played it people danced. They also danced to Blue is the colour and nice one cyril. Talking of songs were gonna make it a night to remember

Fulham 442

"Night to remember" Shalimar - love it!  I have to say though I think that "Take me home" and "He wants to be a Brit" etc have had their time and I haven't joined in with the singing of them for years.  We definitely need a new song for Khan.  I'm not dissing our history, MAF was great for us but that era has ended now and we need to move on.  If I was Khan I would feel a bit miffed to hear them tbh!

Stevieboy

Nice and simple, famous songs by famous artists i.e.

NA NA NA FULHAM FC.         (Hot love -T-Rex)

NA NA NA NA HEY HEY FULHAM FC.       ( Na Na Kiss Him Goodbye- Steam, or Latterly Bananarama)

A rousing Maybe It's because I'm A Londoner.......that I love Fulham so!!

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif ALWAYS BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Holders

Quote from: bigalffc on May 23, 2018, 10:23:14 PM
Me and my family (8 of us) will be part of the white wall and will sing anything.
I was there in '75 and nothing could be more embarrassing than viva el Fulham but I sang it at the top of my voice. COYW

Yeah, "Viva el Fulham" was seriously naff. It was dreamed up by the press (Daily Express, I think) because we were playing WHU who had their bubbles song and it was felt that li'l ol' Fulham needed one.

As for embarrassment, when Arsenal were due to play Liverpool in the cup final the press came up with the dreadful "good old Arsenal..." Similarly, when C*****a were playing against someone who had a song, some bright spark came up with "blue is the colour".

All of the above are seriously naff so the embarrassment isn't confined to Fulham. As for AV - have they even got a song, even a naff one ? Not one that I've heard.

Anyway, why do they have to be based on pop songs of the era? They date so quickly whereas things like Goodnight Irene, Fields of Athenry, even Too Good to be True stand the test of time.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

General

If we're winning and feeling confident we'll get it over the line towards the end can we sing 'we're winning away, we're winning away.. how s**t must you be, we're winning away'?

General

Also, what was the German bomber song we sung in hamburg?

Holders

Quote from: General on May 24, 2018, 11:29:47 AM
If we're winning and feeling confident we'll get it over the line towards the end can we sing 'we're winning away, we're winning away.. how s**t must you be, we're winning away'?

Or, getting cocky here:  We won it one time - third place

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

To the tune of "Amazing Grace"

Shahid, Shahid, Shahid, Shahid
How sweet a tash that is.
Shahid, Shahid, Shahid, Shahid
You're helping us do the biz
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

filham

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 21, 2018, 07:55:41 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on May 21, 2018, 07:09:12 PM
Anyone going to come up with a song/chant for Shahid Khan?
He's the Famous Fulham Chairman and he's buying Wembley.
Or
Millionair Shahid Khan
He is the Fulham Chairman
Who could be buying Wembley
And our first tenants could be Chelsea.

mrmicawbers

Hold me Close.David Essex for anyone who was in the William Reed in Hamburg.

WhiteJC

He's one of our loans
he's one of our loans
that boy Mitro
he's one of our loans

Holders

Que Shad Khan Shad Khan
Whatever will be will be
He's buying Wemberley
Que Shad Khan Shad Khan