watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wembley Central or Wembley Park

Started by The Swan, May 22, 2018, 09:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Which station is the nearest to the stadium.
We will be travelling from Hammersmith tube station, or is there a bus service which is better.
Help required please.
The Swan

KJS

BY TUBE - HAMMERSMITH TO GREEN PARK via PICADILLY LINE THEN JUBILEE LINE TO WEMBLEY PARK

OR

Circle line or Hammersmith & City line to Baker Street
Baker Street  Metropolitan line to Wembley Park

Southdowns White

From Hammersmith you could get Kensington Olympia to Wembley Park as little as 18 minutes. I have read a lot of people going from surrey area to central London then out again, why not change at Clapham Junction then straight to Wembley Park, or  even have a beer in Clapham.

ByTheRiver

Wembley Park by quite a distance. Wembley Central is a bit of a trek.

You can walk out of one entrance of Wembley Park, down the steps, and onto Wembley Way. It's that close.

Southdowns White

Wembley Stadium station for me, Although I live in West Sussex I will be in Beaconsfield on Saturday morning so getting the train from there as it's only 3 stops and 18 minutes, Hopefully find a nice pub for lunch and beers first.

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: KJS on May 22, 2018, 10:04:18 AM
BY TUBE - HAMMERSMITH TO GREEN PARK via PICADILLY LINE THEN JUBILEE LINE TO WEMBLEY PARK

OR

Circle line or Hammersmith & City line to Baker Street
Baker Street  Metropolitan line to Wembley Park
Wouldn't go near Baker Street. Villa fans will be arriving at Euston and no doubt there will be a fair few drinking around Baker Street as it's only half a mile from Euston.

Holders

So from Paddington it's better to change at Baker Street for Wembley Park than take the direct line to Wembley Central? I see that it's less stops too.

Can someone please advise me on Underground tickets as well? I assume that the days of machines saying 60p, 80p etc in the ticket halls are gone. Can you still buy tickets or do you need some special type of contact less card? It's probably 30 years or so since I last travelled on LU.  It's going to be busy so it'd be nice to know in advance.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

KJS

Quote from: Holders on May 22, 2018, 10:41:04 AM
So from Paddington it's better to change at Baker Street for Wembley Park than take the direct line to Wembley Central? I see that it's less stops too.

Can someone please advise me on Underground tickets as well? I assume that the days of machines saying 60p, 80p etc in the ticket halls are gone. Can you still buy tickets or do you need some special type of contact less card? It's probably 30 years or so since I last travelled on LU.  It's going to be busy so it'd be nice to know in advance.

Tickets can be purchase by cash / card at machines or for cheaper fare get an OYSTER CARD and stick £20 on it can be used on both tube and bus and is a lot cheaper (no time limit on usage)

bill taylors apprentice

Assuming you don't have an Oyster Card, if you have a contactless bank card, that's the easiest and cheapest way.

Holders

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 22, 2018, 10:59:48 AM

Assuming you don't have an Oyster Card, if you have a contactless bank card, that's the easiest and cheapest way.

I had a cardboard travel card when I worked in London so didn't need to buy tickets then but no experience of buying an actual ticket since the 80s. So you just tap in the destination at a machine and flash a card at it and a ticket pops out?

Dodger53

For those like me who do not use London Transport very often some advice. On all trains, tube and bus in london area just use a contactless bank card at start and end of each journey, max charged will be a one day travel card. No need to buy any tickets.

Holders

Quote from: Dodger53 on May 22, 2018, 11:18:04 AM
For those like me who do not use London Transport very often some advice. On all trains, tube and bus in london area just use a contactless bank card at start and end of each journey, max charged will be a one day travel card. No need to buy any tickets.

So it works like an average speed camera - it checks you in and out at each end and just takes the money?

RaySmith

If using a contactless card, you just flash your card as you near the barrier and it opens.

If buying from a machine, put your card in the machine and type in your destination and type of ticket - single or return. You can also use cash - coins but not notes, I don't think, in the machines.

There are a lot of staff around who will help you if you need it.

Jimpav

Quote from: Holders on May 22, 2018, 11:06:37 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 22, 2018, 10:59:48 AM

I had a cardboard travel card when I worked in London so didn't need to buy tickets then but no experience of buying an actual ticket since the 80s. So you just tap in the destination at a machine and flash a card at it and a ticket pops out?

There is a contactless pay point on top of the barrier - you tap your credit/debit card on this to enter/exit the barrier.

Just check your card has the contactless symbol in it (similar to a wifi symbol).

Holders

Thanks guys. I've just had a look online and I see that the contact-less method is half the price of buying a cash ticket.

lomotd

Quote from: Holders on May 22, 2018, 11:26:50 AM
Thanks guys. I've just had a look online and I see that the contact-less method is half the price of buying a cash ticket.

If you have a contactless bank card, use it, 100%. Just tap in and tap out on the yellow pads at the ticket barriers, no need to worry about anything else. However I see you're getting into Paddington so there will definitely be staff around to help if required.

HillingdonFFC

Wembley Park is also where the Fulham fans will be, all the pubs & bars allocated to us, Wembley Central is going to be rammed with Villa

Holders

Thanks, guys, that's all good. Much appreciated.

Neil D

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 22, 2018, 11:32:34 AM
Wembley Park is also where the Fulham fans will be, all the pubs & bars allocated to us, Wembley Central is going to be rammed with Villa
They will be hard to avoid!

hovewhite

Takin Chiltern line train from marylebone to Wembley stadium route myself and free of engineering works this weekend