watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Patrick Roberts

Started by Sherlock, May 22, 2018, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherlock

Looks like he might be off to Leicester as part of a deal with Mahrez moving the other way. Feel like he's not really fulfilled his potential yet despite one very good season at Celtic. Still, he's only 21 and despite him leaving us (too early I think) I would look forward to seeing him play more often and do well for himself in the Premier League

grandad

He couldn´t take the place of any of our current squad. Same goes for Hyndman, where ever he is now.
Where there's a will there's a wife

General

Mahrez will be wasted at City.. there's literally no point in him going. He'll be competing with three of the best youth prospects in the world in Jesus, Sane and Sterling... he may get the occasionalstart every now and then but he won't be a key player - even aguero isn't getting game time to make way for Jesus. Is it worth sitting on the bench for a couple of minutes on the pitch just to win silverware? I assume this transfer will also come with a fee as Roberts has hardly done a thing last season at Celtic.

grandad

Roberts has played 75 league games in 5 seasons. Ryan Sessegnon has played 71 in 2 seasons. Who is the bench warmer?
Where there's a will there's a wife

twang

If (big IF) we get promoted I'd love to see Roberts back, competing for the right wing position.

bog

Wonder what would have happened if Slavisa had been his boss here. 

092.gif

Arthur

Quote from: twang on May 22, 2018, 03:09:19 PM
If (big IF) we get promoted I'd love to see Roberts back, competing for the right wing position.

Agree. Jokanovic would get him playing at his best, I'm sure. He'd be a better version of the player that Aluko was for us last season.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

cmg

Roberts has been out injured for most of the season.

I've aways rated him, but am arriving at the the conclusion tht he may be a one trick pony. It's a good trick - but the cannier defenders of the PL may well be able to suss him out.

bill taylors apprentice

No doubting his talent and promise before he left us and he's obviously grown up some since then but injury or not he's only had one decent season in Scotland!

I said when he left us he will be another rich but unfulfilled talent, not only because he chose money over playing time but I think he is another one who never moves up to the top level through lack of maturity or bad choices.

Of course he will have a decent career but his best days may be behind him.
I still stand by that !

Syd Cupp

This story maybe lazy journalism as it was reported after January's transfer deadline that Roberts was the player involved
in City's Cash plus a player negotiation.
Would like to see Roberts have a shot in the premiership but I very much doubt it will ever be with Man City.
IMO he is A Talent wasted (or Wasting) in Scotland.

TXWhite

Anyone know if there was a sell-on clause when we sold him? Would it still be eligible if City do a player + cash deal for Mahrez?

filham

I always thought Roberts was top draw and am surprised he is not yet commanding a premiership place. I would love to see him back at the Cottage.

@jolslover

Roberts isn't good enough to hold down a place for us in the prem IMO. In the champ yes but if we go up we can sign better than Roberts. Same goes for Hyndman (Who I really liked). Both would be good players at champ level but not good enough for prem (yet)
STH H3

Jims Dentist

Quote from: @jolslover on May 22, 2018, 06:57:12 PM
Roberts isn't good enough to hold down a place for us in the prem IMO. In the champ yes but if we go up we can sign better than Roberts. Same goes for Hyndman (Who I really liked). Both would be good players at champ level but not good enough for prem (yet)
They are both very lightweight and you need an incredible amount of talent/pace to overcome that these days.