watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time for our Captain to shine.

Started by Baston White, May 22, 2018, 04:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

Whilst Captain Tom hasn't had his best season, I think Saturday could be made for him.
Having looked back over the season,Tom has won only one MOM against Derby away.
The rest of the MOM's make interesting reading and are shared between 16 other players which goes to show we are certainly aren't a one trick pony.

Bettinelli - 5
Button - 2

Fredericks - 3
Odoi - 2
Ream - 5
Targett - 1

Johansen - 4
McDonald - 6
Cairney - 1

Kamara - 3
Mitrovic - 4
Sessegnon - 6

Others;
Rui Fonte - 1
Ojo - 1
Norwood - 1
Kebano - 1

Let's hope Tom and the rest do us proud on Saturday.
C.O.Y.W's.

RaySmith

Tom was injured for quite a long time, but since he's been back in the team he has become increasingly influential - getting back to his old, brilliant self, and I'm sure he and the rest of the lads will do us proud on Saturday, as they did at home to Derby.
COYW!!!

hovewhite

Saturday is the best game for him to assume total dominance.

ffcbulgaria

considering the number of games Kamara has started 3 motm is a decent return :D

fluffyninja

Also considering he's started most of the games and from the amount of points I seem to remember him saving us this year 5 for Bettinelli seems a bit harsh.

FFC NY

Does anyone have numbers for the individual votes cast for all 46 games in total?

I'm guessing Ream would be at the top - seemed to be near the top in most of the MOTM polls. 

Milo

We're all StefJos MoTM performances in first half of season? He literally kept us afloat til Cairney came back. Was injured himself I believe...

JoelH5

It's written in the stars. Rui Fonte 94th minute winner.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 22, 2018, 10:27:09 PM
It's written in the stars. Rui Fonte 94th minute winner.

would be so like 2008
Diomansy had a nightmare season until that game in Manchester ;-)

FFC NY

Quote from: Milo on May 22, 2018, 10:09:23 PM
We're all StefJos MoTM performances in first half of season? He literally kept us afloat til Cairney came back. Was injured himself I believe...

KMac kept us afloat.

Through game 33 our top 7 players (based on MOTM votes) were;

McDonald (704 votes)
Ream (513)
Sessegnon (404)
Kamara (367)
Fredericks (351)
Johansen (342)
Odoi (340)

Mods - please could you pin the remaining MOTM threads to that Category on the homepage? Then I can add the remaining games...

doglip

Couldn't agree more about Tom, he's been pretty consistent since he's got over his injury probs but not really shone like he did last season. Really feel it's gonna be his time to show what a wonderfully gifted player he is on Saturday. Think he will score and also outclass the nearly as gifted Grealish. Just cannot wait

Bassey the warrior

Agreed. He's been neat and tidy but lacking in that decisive through ball and his shooting has been weak. Hopefully we can get last season's Tom back.

HV71

I really hope he does shine - he is absolutely superb when he is confident and on song. I think he is better than Grealish but I am concerned that the occasion might get to him given his rather quiet and reserved nature. Grealish on the other hand has a bit of a swagger about him , is constantly 'chipping' at the ref ,and is a potential media darling - and I think more likely to peak on the day. Come on Tom - you can do it !!!!

Andy S

When a player no longer shines I think it is not necessarily because he is worse than he was. It Jas because the rest of the team has improved. So although I want Cairney to have a good game, I don't want him to shine

General

Betinelli, Ream, Mcdonald and Sessegnon.. just goes to show how instrumental they've been and that whilst it may have not been reported they had recieved due recognition and rightly so.

General

Quote from: Andy S on May 23, 2018, 01:34:15 PM
When a player no longer shines I think it is not necessarily because he is worse than he was. It Jas because the rest of the team has improved. So although I want Cairney to have a good game, I don't want him to shine

Strange.. I want them all to shine.. if cairney shines then it's likely because he's doing a good/imposing job on helping us win the game.

Baston White

Looks like our Captain might read the message board after all.
Fantastic display and Tom back at his best.
Congratulations to the squad for a wonderful season.
Season ticket renewal looks a bargain now.  049:gif

Stevieboy

049:gif 082.gif :yay: 0001.jpeg