watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who will freeze

Started by alfie, May 22, 2018, 04:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

The other day someone said "hope we don't freeze" so that got me thinking who in our team could freeze on the day, and to be honest I just don't see any of our players doing that, I guess perhaps we might think Sess? But even though he has just turned 18, I just don't think it will affect him, in fact I think if anything they may suffer from too much confidence. It's a green field with white lines, just like all the other pitches they have played on, and it's only in front of 70,000 odd people, oh and a few million on the box, no pressure.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Luka

Its a huge game.
The Birmingham game was an indication of the Fulham that could turn up for the final. A number of players had an off day, and to many for it not to have been the occasion.
Derby at home was a different affair but that was at home and in familiar surroundings.If Slav keeps them calm and focused he will have done his job perfectly and we will win.
Which Fulham turns up on Saturday will be down to the manager, his staff and his people skills.
COYW.

Andy S

I don't think anyone will freeze. We have a system where everyone knows their job. As long as that happens there is no chance of us freezing. Having said that neither do I believe will Villa. However there will be players who have a bad game through age or are carrying a knock. Not everything heals in a couple of weeks after a hard season. Everyone will want to play

filham

We froze in 1975 even with the huge experience of Mullery and Moor directing things. Hope Jocanovic has set the right tone in training all week.

Woolly Mammoth

Thought of the day.

"A Warriors Best Weapon is his Mind".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: filham on May 22, 2018, 06:44:16 PM
We froze in 1975 even with the huge experience of Mullery and Moor directing things. Hope Jocanovic has set the right tone in training all week.

Quite so.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BedsFFC

It's a very good question. Our high-risk game is dependent on players feeling very confident. Taking the easy option through nerves will have the same impact as just freezing.

Villa dont play a high pressing game. Not sure that would suit them but if I was managing them, I would certainly set them up to stop us first. Not sure Villa will do that.

If we get a bit of space and time, there is a chance that we could be empowered by the whole occasion as whenever that has happened in the season, we look like Barcelona.

I'm glad it's not me playing as the nerves are already starting to kick in

Andy S

I think that is the same for all of us. It's important that the players remember that there is a game to complete that we need to win. I hope we do not score too early as there is a lot of defending to do after that. I would like to see one go in just before half time and another just after. Then the pressure is all on Villa

RoyTund

Hutton and JT will freeze, although I think it might be just confusion with their running speed.

Woolly Mammoth

My take on it is that goals change games.
I would like us to score early as possible. They will have to change their game plan.  Then we build on it, not defend it. Then score a 2nd goal and go for the jugular.
The last thing we need to do is sit back and defend, we are not that good at defending a lead.
We play much better when on the offensive so why change the format. Because goals for are important whether it's first or last minute.
We are better at keeping possession than them, we are faster younger with so much pace. Why sit back and play like them, by doing that we are playing into their hands, we need to play a high tempo because they won't like that on a hot day in wide open spaces when they are chasing the game 2 0 down.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

My concern is on the wings: Derby got down the side of us a lot and got some good balls in our box, they just lacked a finisher. Our full backs must defend better.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm hoping Terry will freeze at out sheer pace a 'buzz-ability'
Kamara must play
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Forever Fulham

They didn't just have an off day against Birmingham.  Cairney, Odoi, and one or two others were dreadful.  The effort wasn't there.  Oh, well.  I vented when it happened and am still embarrassed over it.  At least in the Birmingham game the players knew there was the playoffs if we didn't get promoted the old fashioned way.  I hope that the knowledge there is no Plan B in this final playoff game, reinforced every second by the location of the game, will have their collective adrenalin pumping.  What I fear is not a Birmingham like let down bad as that was.  No, I worry about the effect of playing on such a large pitch, so unlike the Cottage. 

b+w geezer

We could do with a placid first quarter of an hour, during which anyone who does have nerves can settle them. If that's achieved, then it remains a huge match for all concerned, but hardly less so for Villa,who's players inhabit more of a goldfish bowl than ours and have a greater weight of  collective historical expectation on their shoulders. (Being told constantly that Villa 'belong' in the Premier League isn't necessarily a bonus once the whistle blows and it's down to you to actually achieve it.)

Slaphead in Qatar

we could freeze, we definitely did against birmingham. lets hope we play the game with strong hearts.

any player on both sides may let nerves get the better of them. young grealish may have a bad day for example.