watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What was our crowd in 1975

Started by Andy S, May 22, 2018, 11:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

The old Wembley Stadium held 100,000 people back in 1975 before its capacity was cut. Whether it was sold out I couldn't say. So how many were in the stadium for the 1975 cup final. Is Saturdays game likely to be our biggest ever crowd? or does it fall short?
If you include television viewers it probably is

Riversider

Quote from: Andy S on May 22, 2018, 11:37:41 PM
The old Wembley Stadium held 100,000 people back in 1975 before its capacity was cut. Whether it was sold out I couldn't say. So how many were in the stadium for the 1975 cup final. Is Saturdays game likely to be our biggest ever crowd? or does it fall short?
If you include television viewers it probably is

I can guarantee you the 1975 F.A Cup will have had a much larger t.v audience than this year's Championship play off Final,  and by some distance,

Marinelloguthrie

Television audience would be interesting as the cup final was not just shown around the world it was also massively watched. No doubt the cup final is accessible to more people now but as is the case here it was one of very few live games and a big day. I lived in harare in 94 and it was a big day there all sports clubs had the game on with bbqa etc as well in houses and villages.

Personally i wouldnt watch the play off final normally although i did watch the last 20 mins last year to make sure i saw Reading lose. Then again cant remember the last time i watched a cup final either. How big is this game around the world, any ideas?