watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Players

Started by Andy S, May 24, 2018, 12:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

You probably have to be in your mid seventies or even 80 to remember Johnny Haynes debut. In your time of following the mighty whites who is the best or at least your favourite young player you have watched come through the ranks for the club?
Excluding todays players I think Dean Coney and Paul Parker take some beating

ealex40

George Cohen, Tony Macedo, Alan Mullery, Bobby Robson

FirstCoastFulham

Wasn't technically "around," but in my lifetime I'm partial to Dempsey for national pride and the golazo vs Juve.

bencher

Sean Davis, Marcus Bettinelli and Ryan Sessegnon. They would be the best youth products in my time as a Fulham fan (going back to late 1980s) who've made a mark at the club.

Twig

Paul Parker looked sensational on his debut and went on to develop into a top talent.

bog

Johnny Haynes (I am 73) George Cohen, Alan Mullery, Tony Macedo, Paul Parker, Sean Davis.

092.gif 

grandad

Macedo, Cohen, Langley, Mullery, Brown, Robson, Leggatt, Cook, Clarke, Haynes, Barratt.

Subs: VDS, Strong, Bentley, Ivor, Morgan.

I have left out Best, Marsh & Moore as I never regarded them as true Whites
Where there's a will there's a wife

bog

I saw the debuts of both Rodney Marsh and Malcolm MacDonald. Both were excellent but allowed to leave well before I and many thousand of others wanted them to go...if ever.

092.gif

yatewhite

Best player - Alan Mullery
Favourite player - Les Barrett
We have to exclude the likes of Allan Clarke as he was signed from another club (Walsall?)

filham

Quote from: ealex40 on May 24, 2018, 04:13:55 AM
Just add Haynes (of course that goes without saying) and Jezzard then you have our best ever attack of Haynes Jezzard and Robson.
Beddy Jezzard is often overlooked when looking so far back but not only was he a prolific striker but served us well as a manager gaining promotion to the top flight and keeping us there for some five years on a tight budget.

bog

Quote from: filham on May 24, 2018, 07:12:00 PM
Quote from: ealex40 on May 24, 2018, 04:13:55 AM
Just add Haynes (of course that goes without saying) and Jezzard then you have our best ever attack of Haynes Jezzard and Robson.
Beddy Jezzard is often overlooked when looking so far back but not only was he a prolific striker but served us well as a manager gaining promotion to the top flight and keeping us there for some five years on a tight budget.

+1 I only found out recently that Bedford was so upset about the club selling Mullery behind his back that after he resigned as manager he never once came back to the club. So it appears the club may never have invited him either. 

092.gif

aaronmcguigan

Michael Timlin and Wayne Brown before they disappeared to Southend via Swindon, and Australia via Finland

mrmicawbers

In no particular order Haynes, Leggat Clarke.

Southcoastffc

Favourite young player , who left us at the end of 2016 having faded after injury and never quite recovered his stellar performances of the 2014/15 season, was Lasse Vigen Christensen.  I hope he's enjoying his football these days and he is still only 23.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Dixie

One vote for Dixie Dean Coney!

More recently, Sean Davis - he should have stayed and become a club legend!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

ealex40

The OP asked which were the best players to come through the ranks.

Bedford Jezzard started at Watford.
Alan Clarke was signed from Walsall.
Jim Langley had played for Leeds and Brighton.
Leggat was signed from Aberdeen and was already a Scotland international.