watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Bruce Psych Job?

Started by ealex40, May 24, 2018, 03:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

This was on the Sky website Wednesday evening.

Steve Bruce was forced to cut short a "feisty" Aston Villa training ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet Championship play-off final with Fulham, live on Sky Sports Football.

A mini-match during Tuesday's session was in danger of getting overly competitive, with four days still to go before Villa's Wembley showdown.

Bruce pulled the plug on the encounter but it was a pleasing sight to a man well versed in what happens in the build-up to important matches.

"I used to say when you can smell the hot dogs there's a big occasion around the corner. On Tuesday I had to stop training early because they were champing at the bit - too early. It got a bit feisty to say the least," said Bruce.

"It was very, very interesting. It's not a bad sign. I'm not against it at all. It's normal.

"We just stepped in and cut it a little short - shall we put it that way. And I hadn't even revealed the team then."

Bruce has since picked his starting line-up, going against protocol due to the magnitude of Saturday's match.

"Usually in the past if you're preparing for a big game and you know the team on a Tuesday - if I wasn't in it then on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I'd have a face like a slapped a***. So for preparation in a one-off, it's important in the preparation," he said.

"But the substitutes can be match-winners too and I think the players have understood that. That's why we've done it this time."

I believe he's laying it on about how eager and physical his players are to get going on Saturday. Hope we can show him and his team where they can shove his plan.

COYW

Fulham 442

Yes he definitely is. I think we're supposed to be scared now!

Fulham 442

Joca hasn't said much. I think he's saving that for when we get on the pitch Saturday! COYW!

FirstCoastFulham

If it got to the point where he had to call training early and name the teamsheet to keep players from being at each other's throats fighting for spots (which is how I interpret this), then you can imagine there's probably some bitterness bubbling under the surface. May come back to bite him.

Woolly Mammoth

Matches can be won and lost in the tunnel, our manager and players need to be aware of the need to psychologicaly front up and let Bruce and his players know who the Guvenors are with plenty of verbals, because that's exactly what they will be trying to do to us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cornishnick

Must say I like how the club generally keeps quiet about what's going on. Yes its nice to read about our club stuff but some other clubs just spew out media stuff to the point that it all gets quite boring. I'm sure the internal spy networks between clubs works quite effectively and we won't ever get to know any of that but I do favour our approach. My mate called us a "stealth club", we come in under the enemy radar.

JoelH5

I love all this. Every time they feel the need to come out with some b*llocks it shows that they're worried
I was there, standing in the Putney end

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 24, 2018, 07:51:05 AM
Matches can be won and lost in the tunnel, our manager and players need to be aware of the need to psychologicaly front up and let Bruce and his players know who the Guvenors are with plenty of verbals, because that's exactly what they will be trying to do to us.
That is exactly what Wimbledon done when they beat Liverpool in cup final, it started by out psyching them in the tunnel.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on May 24, 2018, 09:18:41 AM
That is exactly what Wimbledon done when they beat Liverpool in cup final, it started by out psyching them in the tunnel.

Precisely
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

Shame the villa payers weren't up for it the rest of the season they might have had a chance of automatic promotion, good to see the players are falling out with each other as well as there fans a truly harmonious club,  they where probably arguing who's turn was  to fix Ross' gate

Slaphead in Qatar

Slav looked happy , relaxed and confident in his press conf

Andy S

In reality nothing much changes but whatever a manager says two days before a match of this magnitude will be reported in the press

KJS

I think it's great even more chance of John Terry losing it on the pitch when Mitro puts him on his backside for the 2nd time :005:

bog

Quote from: alfie on May 24, 2018, 09:18:41 AM

+1

fulham traveller

He is trying to get us worried, we are not worried as a team, as a  fan I am petrified

alexmur

Quote from: FirstCoastFulham on May 24, 2018, 06:04:31 AM
If it got to the point where he had to call training early and name the teamsheet to keep players from being at each other's throats fighting for spots (which is how I interpret this), then you can imagine there's probably some bitterness bubbling under the surface. May come back to bite him.
That's what I was thinking, you don't just end a training session like that. His comments are clearly a cover for something else

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Milo

Could be construed as Prem league player egos in team surfacing right at the crunch...

Enough to leave the rest of the team bitter and cause rifts?

Lighthouse

Imagine for a second that the news came from Fulham. What would we as Fulham fans think? Personally I would be slightly concerned that the coach had lost control of the players and the smooth training sessions had developed into a vast ego boost for some of the players. If they are out of control now what are they going to be like when the game comes around? Not sure why any coach would admit to being unable to control a training game and admitting that some players can't be controlled not to dial it back in a practice match. I am sure it was supposed to be a mind game tactic. At least hopefully it was. Otherwise it makes me feel very happy that the professionalism of some players at Villa has dropped. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WOSFSC

Steve Bruce is a football dinosaur and the sooner he loses his job and disappears from football the better.

Marcel_Gecov

Strikes me as usual over-enthusiastic simpleton behaviour you would expect from a team where John Terry and Jack Grealish are the 'stars'.