watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good signs for keeping Mitrovic

Started by Nick Bateman, May 28, 2018, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Seeing Jokanovic when the cup was being raised with his arm around his fellow Serbian striker indicated the affinity he holds Mitrovic in.

Add another factor, Rafa Benitez does not like Mitro.  How else can one explain the acquiescence to permit such a talented forward to go out on loan?!

Rafa has done this several times before - he took an instant dislike to Michael Owen who was the top goalscorer in the PL, not even giving him one game before shipping him out.  He omitted Peter Crouch when he was on spanking form for the final, with the Italians claiming they were not frightened of Crouch (which meant they were terrified) only for Benitez to leave him out entirely which cost Liverpool the European Championship!

One of Fulham's first duties is to secure the best players at the club, the incentives are there, a rich multi-billionaire owner, Premier League football, playing in swanky London not out in the sticks with northerners, a bright future.

I would also offer Ryan Fredericks a large signing on fee around £3-5million - Tottenham must be kicking themselves for letting him go.

And as for Mitrovic, he has been called the "Diego Costa" of the Championship.  I like that description and it is hard to find a really deadly centre-forward of his ilk but the omens look promising.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

RaySmith

We need to keep him and Fred, and Targett, if possible, and - and Sess, of course.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: RaySmith on May 28, 2018, 05:35:40 PM
We need to keep him and Fred, and Targett, if possible, and - and Sess, of course.
0001.jpeg
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Targett has gone. Must have had a good discussion with his club.

See his message thanking the club for his time here and wishing us well for the future

Holders

Quote from: Statto on May 28, 2018, 09:04:27 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 28, 2018, 07:50:27 PM
Targett has gone. Must have had a good discussion with his club.

See his message thanking the club for his time here and wishing us well for the future

If you are looking at the Instagram post it says at the end "I will see you one way or another next season" which to me says his future is still undetermined.

Mitro and Fredericks have also posted long thank you messages but I don't think it means they are leaving. I get the impression that like us, they just don't know, but now is a good time to say thanks anyway.

Targett said not that long ago that he hadn't heard from Soton since his loan began. Of course he defaults there until anything different is sorted.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

dgnffc

As I said in a different thread, I've heard that they're selling Bertrand so will not let Targett go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tabby

Don't think that there'll be much movement before the WC. Southampton got Sparky in after we loaned Targett, so they're going to have to take a look at him at least, and Mitrovic is going to Russia with Serbia.

Not too worried. We've gotten a well-earned reputation for playing attractive football which will surely be able to lure players more than your average newly promoted side.

Madman Maddle

Mitro and Targett should really be our priorities. They have proven in impressive manner that they fit perfectly with us.

Quality leftbacks, let alone young English ones, are the toughest position to find in football. It's really difficult to play that position at a high level with both defending and attacking duties attached to it. Sess has much more qualities in offense than defense and isn't ready yet to defend against worldclass wingers in the PL.

While I wish Mitro well for the World Cup, I hope he doesn't light it up like he did in the Championship. Would drive his price up and could attract bigger clubs than us. Maybe not so much from the PL, but Serie A has some rich clubs and traditionally huge Serbian connections.

sonty

Yes, but I believe that he really enjoys football in England, so i believe he'll want to stay. After all, it's his decision.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk