watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fixture List 2018-19

Started by davew, June 14, 2018, 09:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

A real scary 1st half of the season or is it? Excluding Arsenal we have to play all the top clubs away, on the other hand we have 18 "easy" home fixtures, going to need to win 1/2 of them if we want to avoid a relegation dogfight at the latter end of the season.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Steeeeeeeeeed

Not a bad end of season run in, the last six games all look winnable, so handy if in relegation dogfight / title challenge :)

Milo

Looks well spread out but I would like to have lots of points in the bag before March

RP24

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on June 14, 2018, 09:57:52 AM
Not a bad end of season run in, the last six games all look winnable, so handy if in relegation dogfight / title challenge :)

I was going to say this, the last 6 look very winnable let's just hope we don't need another great escape by that point.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on June 14, 2018, 09:41:04 AM
A real scary 1st half of the season or is it? Excluding Arsenal we have to play all the top clubs away, on the other hand we have 18 "easy" home fixtures, going to need to win 1/2 of them if we want to avoid a relegation dogfight at the latter end of the season.

You must also take into account our FA Cup run.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

lomotd

I think this is about as good a fixture list as you could expect in the Premier League:
> 1st game - home, local derby, against an 'easier' team
> Home on Boxing Day, furthest we have to travel over Xmas/New Year is to Arsenal
> Relatively easy final 6 games
> Home last game of the season

DutchCottage

A good start to the season is very important. If we get 10 points in our first 6 games than we have a good basis for the rest of the season

SG

Quote from: lomotd on June 14, 2018, 10:11:26 AM
I think this is about as good a fixture list as you could expect in the Premier League:
> 1st game - home, local derby, against an 'easier' team
> Home on Boxing Day, furthest we have to travel over Xmas/New Year is to Arsenal
> Relatively easy final 6 games
> Home last game of the season

That is my take on it plus having waited 43 years to see us at Wembley we are there twice in 3 months

Pieter A’dam

Due to holidays late August I only have to miss the home game to Burnley, not unhappy with that :-)

i_am_edi

Will the fixture dates and times change slightly? All home games seem to be on a Saturday at 3pm. Is that normal? Sorry, first time I've really paid this much attention the fixtures since it's the first season I'm a STH  049:gif

HamsterWheel

Loads will change when Sky and BT decide on TV schedules and get agreed with Plod.

i_am_edi

Quote from: HamsterWheel on June 14, 2018, 10:47:06 AM
Loads will change when Sky and BT decide on TV schedules and get agreed with Plod.

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification 👍

Neil D

Only three evening fixtures.  Pleased about that.

Bill2

Quote from: davew on June 14, 2018, 09:41:04 AM
Personally I would rather have the away legs played early in the season and if you need points in the latter part of the season you don't have to consider anything from them.