more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can We Keep Our Squad Together

Started by filham, June 11, 2018, 06:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 12, 2018, 11:30:33 PM
Don't wanna be a pessimist but I believe our chances of signing Mitrovic are fading fast.
He could end up playing Champions League on the continent.

It is beginning to look as if Mitrovic could slip though our fingers , the club should be on red alert at the possibility of losing Mitrovic, all PR and financial recources should be directed at convincing Mitrovic that the Cottage is his best home for next season and beyond.
If we fail to sign Mitrovic then we are in crisis and need a strong plan B as Ayite, Fonte and Kamara are not going to be good enough for the Premiership.

MJG

Quote from: filham on June 13, 2018, 10:16:39 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 12, 2018, 11:30:33 PM
Don't wanna be a pessimist but I believe our chances of signing Mitrovic are fading fast.
He could end up playing Champions League on the continent.

It is beginning to look as if Mitrovic could slip though our fingers , the club should be on red alert at the possibility of losing Mitrovic, all PR and financial recources should be directed at convincing Mitrovic that the Cottage is his best home for next season and beyond.
If we fail to sign Mitrovic then we are in crisis and need a strong plan B as Ayite, Fonte and Kamara are not going to be good enough for the Premiership.
difficult to see either Newcastle or Mitovic making any decision until after the WC. Newcastle get paid while he's there and also his value could go up and likewise for Mitrovic the quality of team may improve. So no mater how much we pushed and offered within reason, it's a waiting game.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on June 13, 2018, 08:33:43 AM
Quote from: MJG on June 13, 2018, 07:23:17 AM
Isn't almost every window under every manager hit and miss?  Go back to Roy and he had a load of duds as well.
For sure but I was rather getting a the ratio between the two which should be above 2:1 in favour of hits rather than the inverse.  I rather doubt, although it is a matter of individual interpretation, that our ratio has been so successful and my fear is that we have tended towards panic buying or deals far too many times for comfort.   I take that to be something not quite right in our approach to players in the absence of any other meaningful reasons.
as I have shown before our signing pattern pretty much matches up to everyone else. The WC and shorter buying window will make it a different window to before. At the moment there have been less signings than clubs, so no panic here.
Just the views of a long term fan

Fernhurst

The more Mitro scores goal like the last of his hatrick in Serbia's last warm up game the less inclined  Benitez will be to sell him to a Premiership rival.
No matter the amount of love for Fulham mouthed on the pitch at Wembley if his World Cup goes well we will not see his return.
In this horrible world inside football the best we can hope for is he fails miserably.

It is frustrating but if FFC had him on contract and NUFC came sniffing around would we pull out all the stops to facilitate the move.

I did post directly after our day in the sun we would need a degree of luck in our recruitment. Mitrovic fits our system so well,would be delighted if we drag this one over the line.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Good points all round, especially due to the WC, which has cleary complicated matters, and put some issues on the back burner until a time that the WC is over for certain countries.
So we have to be a little more patient on this occasion as much as it frustrates, and yes the buying window will be shorter and a little different.
On the plus side, I imagine the club have plenty of issues regarding player recruitment piling up under starters orders in the pending tray, waiting for the right time to make their move.
As we all know, they probably have their targets already identified and in order of 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice, and plans are already in place, we may win a few targets, and we may lose a few also.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.