watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Fayed Song

Started by Mister Jimmy, June 12, 2018, 11:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

I think it's time that people stopped writing posts on forums saying they feel the Al-Fayed song shouldn't be sung anymore.

General

I'd like to see Al Fayed given a replacement thank you styled song and Khan given his own.. the thing I like about the current setup is that Tony his much more youthful son is clearly invested in our successes and if he continues that we could have steady ownership for a while to come.

Mister Jimmy

Guys it's only an opinion. Not an edict. Calm yourselves.

KJS

Quote from: Wolf on June 12, 2018, 01:13:18 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on June 12, 2018, 01:03:15 PM

Nope.  Let's not just erase Mo from history because the Khan's finally managed to get something right after 4 and a half seasons of trying.  Sing a separate song for Khan if you like but let's not push to one side the great things that Mo did for the club.

Nobody is suggesting MAF should be forgotten but he is no longer our owner as he chose to sell the club.

Johnny Haynes is no longer a player, yet he has a stand named after him.

Yes but JH was a legend whereas MAF brought the club played with it until he was bored and then left us hanging with an ageing squad until he sold it!!

KJS

Haynes is still a Legend and MAF (who yes did do a lot for the club) was just an owner who left us on a downward spiral once he got bored

Count Flapula

Quote from: KJS on June 12, 2018, 08:34:16 PM
Haynes is still a Legend and MAF (who yes did do a lot for the club) was just an owner who left us on a downward spiral once he got bored

True, he "only" owned us for a mere 16 years and got us back into the Premier League for the first time in 33 years, kept us there for 12 straight seasons, pumped hundreds of millions of his own money into the club and sold up at 83 years old or whatever it was - because clearly he was bored. Fairly humdrum tenure compared to the rest of our illustrious history.

Singing about him isn't a slight on the Khans in any way - not when I sing it anyhow - singing about him is very Fulhamish so long may it continue. Plus if we didn't sing that we'd hardly sing anything!

I'd be surprised if you saw a thread on a Manure forum suggesting they should stop singing about Ryan Giggs, Eric Cantona etc.

_Putney_

Don't sing it then.  Why not sing about things from the past? For those of us that know it and sing it, should we stop the viva el Fulham song too? No, because it's a bit of fun and a Fulham song... We have trouble with our atmosphere anyway can't imagine trying to get us to stop singing a song most of us know.

BestOfBrede

Before you know it we will be back to the ol' 'stand up if you hate Chelsea' crap again!
We really are limited!

HatterDon

50 years from now Al Fayed will STILL be the guy who saved Fulham AND Craven Cottage. The song should stay, I'm sure it doesn't upset Khan at all.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: simplyfulham on June 12, 2018, 07:28:21 PM
I think it's time that people stopped writing posts on forums saying they feel the Al-Fayed song shouldn't be sung anymore.

064.gif

Twig

Ridiculous, MAF did more for us than any owner in modern history of the club.  He fully deserves our appreciation and recognition as such.

Mitch

Quote from: Twig on June 13, 2018, 06:43:28 AM

Ridiculous, MAF did more for us than any owner in modern history of the club.  He fully deserves our appreciation and recognition as such.

+1. For got bored you can also read 'got very old'. Hard for an 80 year old man to run a football club with the same verve as a much younger man. He kept us ticking over with a model many other clubs used succesfully, albeit one that I don't think many would want to ever follow again.

Syd Cupp

I think for Mr Khan....
A few rounds of CAN CAN (Khan Khan) by Bad Manners followed by Shouting... Shahid Khan..!!

Syd Cupp

For Slavisa how about to Elton Johns crocodile rock.......

Slaaaaaaa la la la la laaaaa,  La la la la laaaa ...visa jokanovic

HamsterWheel

I think it would be nice if Mo returned to the Cottage. Would be great to see him (if still able) walk across the pitch once more swirling his scarf. Perhaps now we're back in the Prem he'll feel able to return head held high. He'd certainly get a cracking reception. Can't argue that he's sold to a good custodian.

Carborundum

Take me home Al Fayed is a great song and without him we wouldn't have the Cottage, so it's surely a keeper.

The other one with the QPR reference is hilarious.  That someone decided that his defining feature is a desire to have something most of us in the stands have is a remarkable twist that basically stands on it's head the fact that he owned a football club and we don't.  Making it scan by adding a gratuitous  sideswipe at QPR, an absurd non sequitur of genius

The joy of being in a football crowd is that it does what it wants, not what it's told.  There's a marvellous anecdote in Frank Skinner's autobiography where WBA tried to introduce a new song and thought it would be a good idea to give the fans a singing lesson before kick off.  A local entertainer was hired to do his best and was met by 20,000 people, to the tune of "she'll be coming round the mountain" responding with "If you think we're singing that you must be mad"