more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - one for Fenhurst, Peabody and Bog

Started by Barrett487, June 12, 2018, 06:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44448061

Captain Mainwaring and his comrades are to feature on a new set of stamps to mark the 50th anniversary of the classic TV sitcom Dad's Army.

The much-loved characters from the BBC comedy of the 1960s and 70s are featured alongside their catchphrases.

Philip Parker of Royal Mail, hoped they would "raise plenty of smiles".

Ian Lavender, who played Pte Pike in the series, said it was "overwhelming" to be featured on a stamp. They'll be available from 26 June.

Cpl Jones, Pte Walker, Pte Frazer and Pte Godfrey also feature in the set of eight stamps.

Fernhurst

Can't wait, though not sure how I'll feel about licking myself ...... that's just plain wrong.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Barrett487

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 12, 2018, 06:51:53 PM
Can't wait, though not sure how I'll feel about licking myself ...... that's just plain wrong.

:005:

sunburywhite

Our red setter used no have no probkem doing that
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

I am quite proud about this. I asked to have mine with an FFC scarf around my neck but this young bloke he wouldn't have it. Stupid boy.

092.gif

bog

Lol.  :005:  092.gif

Peabody

Don't panic, don't Panic. Permission to be the first one on the envelope Captain.

bog

Quote from: Peabody on June 13, 2018, 07:48:43 AM
Don't panic, don't Panic. Permission to be the first one on the envelope Captain.

Not sure about that. I may have to pull rank....or pull something.

092.gif

WhiteJC

bog

The Old Sod's Army has 5 vacancies for few more in the ranks as shown above. Us three need recruits. Must have seen the famous five play. Stevens, Robson, Jezzard, Haynes and Mitten. All could have played for England on the same day.

Thank you and good night   stand easy.   

092.gif