watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

yaya toure -free agent

Started by notonfire1226, June 13, 2018, 04:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

For what it's worth, I really don't see yaya as egotistical or stubborn.. I think he simply wants to play football and if he finds himself on the bench, be treated with a sense of dignity. In my eyes thats what everyone strives for and so I fully get what he means. He gave a lot to man City and I don't think it's too much to hope that they'd put effort into remembering his birthday for it substance - an stupid admin error most likely.

In my mind he'd be definitely worth a place at the club and have something to offer the first team if he could come down on the wages front. The guy was the most, or one of the most dominant cm/dm's in Europe and prior to guardiola stepping in showing his value regularly.. I don't think his class would just dissappear and I think yaya could definitely work well in slavisas style of play and also start enjoying playing again which could extend his career by at least two years.

Get him, chambers and two or three others in as well as Mitro etc and we could be laughing.

Woolly Mammoth

The problem we could have with high maintenance players like him, is that that they think they are doing us a big favour by signing for us, and that could be a recipe for unnecessary dressing room problems.
However, I wouldn't say a definite no, it depends how Jok handles him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: General on June 13, 2018, 11:54:56 PM
For what it's worth, I really don't see yaya as egotistical or stubborn.. I think he simply wants to play football and if he finds himself on the bench, be treated with a sense of dignity. In my eyes thats what everyone strives for and so I fully get what he means. He gave a lot to man City and I don't think it's too much to hope that they'd put effort into remembering his birthday for it substance - an stupid admin error most likely.

In my mind he'd be definitely worth a place at the club and have something to offer the first team if he could come down on the wages front. The guy was the most, or one of the most dominant cm/dm's in Europe and prior to guardiola stepping in showing his value regularly.. I don't think his class would just dissappear and I think yaya could definitely work well in slavisas style of play and also start enjoying playing again which could extend his career by at least two years.

Get him, chambers and two or three others in as well as Mitro etc and we could be laughing.
This. He's a class class act and we'd be phenomenally lucky to get him. Can't see it though, his wages would be astronomical, at least 100k a week+

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

HatterDon

you can tell we're back in the Premier League ... we're linked with every player that's too over-the-hill to play in this league any more.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Riverside

Quote from: St. Andrews White on June 14, 2018, 01:58:22 AM
Quote from: General on June 13, 2018, 11:54:56 PM

This. He's a class class act and we'd be phenomenally lucky to get him. Can't see it though, his wages would be astronomical, at least 100k a week+

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Or £1 a week for a top 6 team .
And for me we are the No 1 team in the League therefore ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron

I wonder what constitutes "a minimal wage" in the madhouse that is football economics?

....and how age 33 affects his expectations?

General

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 14, 2018, 12:25:58 AM
The problem we could have with high maintenance players like him, is that that they think they are doing us a big favour by signing for us, and that could be a recipe for unnecessary dressing room problems.

He went to man City knowing he could play and as a player create history at a club. He said that himself. And that's what he did, scoring key goals in a lot of their final appearances. I don't see it as arrogant if you're good at what you do and actually do what you say you want to. It also says a lot that he was fondly thought of by all the players and guardiola aside respected as being at the top of his game by most of the managers he played for (which include some of the best managers in the game!)..

I think people are focusing too heavily on this cake debacle as a sign that he throws his toys out of the pram and I don't think he's that type of player. At 33 too, if he's been looking after himself he could have another 5 years in him. He's known for his athelticism.

Man City fans are saying the guy deserves a statue at the ground for what he's done for them, considering the players they've had playing for them that's quite a feat.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: General on June 14, 2018, 01:38:13 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 14, 2018, 12:25:58 AM

He went to man City knowing he could play and as a player create history at a club. He said that himself. And that's what he did, scoring key goals in a lot of their final appearances. I don't see it as arrogant if you're good at what you do and actually do what you say you want to. It also says a lot that he was fondly thought of by all the players and guardiola aside respected as being at the top of his game by most of the managers he played for (which include some of the best managers in the game!)..

I think people are focusing too heavily on this cake debacle as a sign that he throws his toys out of the pram and I don't think he's that type of player. At 33 too, if he's been looking after himself he could have another 5 years in him. He's known for his athelticism.

Man City fans are saying the guy deserves a statue at the ground for what he's done for them, considering the players they've had playing for them that's quite a feat.

As long as he doesn't think he can have his cake and eat it.
By the way when is his birthday ?
Hmmm he was 35 years old on May the 13th just gone.
That means he will be demanding 36 candles next year.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

"Seeing 36 candles"....let's hope we"ll be "seeing stars"  as in the French expression!

Flupp

Quote from: TheBadger on June 13, 2018, 12:04:53 PM
He'll end up at West Ham with Pellegrini.

I hope that will happen .....We need to bring Moussa home from Spurs ;)
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

Camel Club

One of the things that cost us our place in the Premier League 4 years ago was the desire to turn ourselves in to the Harlem Globetrotters. Let us not repeat the mistakes of the past.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Camel Club on June 15, 2018, 05:12:37 PM
One of the things that cost us our place in the Premier League 4 years ago was the desire to turn ourselves in to the Harlem Globetrotters. Let us not repeat the mistakes of the past.

We must have had a lot of handball decisions against us then
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

grandad

No way I would want him.We should be looking at players who want to commit to us for at least 4 years. Yaya has been a great player but his time has now gone.
Where there's a will there's a wife