News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

At what point will Slav and Khan be turned on next year?

Started by ffcthereligion, June 13, 2018, 11:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

Where do we have to be in the league? Is it as simple as if we're in the relegation zone at Christmas a change is needed? Or will you back them both even if we're losing not quite good enough to stay up but playing our way?

bill taylors apprentice

Good grief!

Everyone knows its going to be tough and things are going to be a whole lot harder than the season just gone but even if you feel you have to look that far ahead for possible bad situations you could have been more thoughtful and put the question in a less negative way!

the nutflush

Quote from: ffcthereligion on June 13, 2018, 11:11:28 AM
Where do we have to be in the league? Is it as simple as if we're in the relegation zone at Christmas a change is needed? Or will you back them both even if we're losing not quite good enough to stay up but playing our way?

Way too much spare time on your hands mate.  Don't overthink it just enjoy the PL again. 

Nero

I think everyone knows it going to be a long hard season, unlike some clubs we don't think we have a divine right to be in the premier league. As long as we aren't adrift at the bottom and holding our own don't think anyone will complain expect Slav about recruitment as he does that every year

MJG

Quote from: Nero on June 13, 2018, 12:00:59 PM
I think everyone knows it going to be a long hard season, unlike some clubs we don't think we have a divine right to be in the premier league. As long as we aren't adrift at the bottom and holding our own don't think anyone will complain expect Slav about recruitment as he does that every year
Hmm, I reckon if things don't go well we will see comments about Plan B within a game or two and 'he can't do it in the PL' not long afterwards. Patience has gone from the game and only need to look back to last Oct or Nov when people wanted Slav gone.
Just the views of a long term fan

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

SuffolkWhite

I cant see it taking too long, the expectation as ever by some is too great. I think Khan will get his moaners as usual anyway and especially if fans think he has not spent enough on players.

But there you go that's life and people are entitled to there opinions.

At least we ain't Villa or Portsmouth etc etc etc

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HV71

Quote from: MJG on June 13, 2018, 12:23:44 PM
Hmm, I reckon if things don't go well we will see comments about Plan B within a game or two and 'he can't do it in the PL' not long afterwards. Patience has gone from the game and only need to look back to last Oct or Nov when people wanted Slav gone.

You are correct in what you say MJG - but it doesn't make it right. Given our recent difficult times and then the thrill of the game with Slav ( and of course Khans sustainable foundation) we should endeavour to show a bit of class and back them especially if it gets turbulent

Lighthouse

I plan to turn on them now. We will not have a decent forward or a decent central defence. Our keeper should have been improved upon. Khan has made a mint out of us and never invested. Plus Joka will stick to the same old style and we will get caught out time and time again as teams in the Prem will be able to put pressure on us and we will just give the ball away. We will be down by Christmas.

Feels good to moan after last season.

(These are not necessarily the views of the poster)  :003:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham Tup North

This Board should be like North Korea, any post that is either negative or irrational should just be removed.

Now that Mr Trump is planning on turning NK into one massive Golf & Leisure resort, we need somewhere for the old Generals to ply their trade.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fernhurst

(These are not necessarily the views of the poster)  :003:

Are you sure?  :023:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

nose returns

in answer to the original question. I think the manager and the owner will not be turned on, even if it des not go well providing we make a genuine effort to improve the squad and play to our best. it is a tough division and tough task to merely survive. However, if we do not bring in new blood of the appropriate quality OR the team simple fail to perform, being overawed by the opposition, then maybe things could heat up.

I am optimistic we will do reasonably but let's see what the squad looks like in August before worrying about stuff like this.

Mince n Tatties

Don't know why folks are worrying,this side as it stands is good enough for top half of premier.
Couple of decent signings and we could easily do a Burnley and qualify for Europa League... Coyw.

Deeping_white

Why are we even having this conversation in June? At least wait until September IF things aren't going well. It's very odd how at a time when we've got a summer of optimism ahead of us, we're already having depressing threads like this one cropping up. Just enjoy the ride for the time being...

cmg

I'd have thought they would both be turned on right now by the thought of PL football.
I am.
Or have I misread the question?

HectorWeso

ffcthereligion

This is my view exactly. I wont turn on him even if we go down. I was at Wolves away in November when we lost and had verbal disagreements with the Sack the serb lot in the crowd. But i can guarantee, if we're struggling the moaners will crawl out the woodwork!

gezkc

Quote from: ffcthereligion on June 13, 2018, 02:32:30 PM

This is my view exactly. I wont turn on him even if we go down. I was at Wolves away in November when we lost and had verbal disagreements with the Sack the serb lot in the crowd. But i can guarantee, if we're struggling the moaners will crawl out the woodwork!

+1

After the fantastic two seasons we've had, and managing to get us back into the Premier League, there's no way I'll turn on SJ or Khan even if we go down. SJ's got us playing football how it should be played, and I think Khan genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart, so I think we're in a pretty good place right now.

Sadly, it won't take much for the moaners to emerge though.

YankeeJim

The thing that worries me is that, without some major influx, we will have to play at a consistent level as we have since Christmas. Any slump or injuries to key people and we could be in trouble. If we start as we did last year we'll be dead and buried by Boxing day. See what bad effect you lot have on me. I'm starting to think Fulhamish.  :016:

Oh, as others have said if we have a run of poor form all the boo birds will be out. There is a strong vein of negativism among us.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.