Button - $3M

INCOMING
5 starters - CM, RW, MID, LB, CB
5 backups - CM, MID, LB, CB, GK

Net deposits of $10MM with sales and loan outs

Average of $15MM per starter
Average of $7MM per backup
Allowed 2 loans

I expect the club will sign three starters ($45M), five backups ($35M) and 2 starters on loan ($5M). It's never this simple but that seems like a net spend of $75MM to field a team of 21 with no youth players promoted. Ways around this - promote youth to backup positions; keep Fonte instead of selling; get some backups on free's (possible to get 2?)

So, if we keep Fonte, we save ~$2M. If we rely on Bett's and Butt's again, we save $4M. If we get a couple of backup players on free's, we can save ~$15 - $20M on fee's. Those thoughts combined are equivalent to saving $25MM on fee's, and are totally realistic. The only one I question is Button and keeping him vs. upgrading to someone that can challenge Bett.

Looks to me like a net spend of $50 - $60M with 9 - 10 new players. Very similar recruitment drive from last 2 summer windows, different ability to pay.

filham

I really don't think we can expect to pull in £5m for Fonte.
Interesting to see how we could possibly meet all of our needs by selling Sess., that must be a temptation for the chairman.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: filham on June 13, 2018, 07:00:15 PM
I really don't think we can expect to pull in £5m for Fonte.
Interesting to see how we could possibly meet all of our needs by selling Sess., that must be a temptation for the chairman.
Good point, however how much is he worth this year vs. next? Is he a flash in the pan or the real thing? I'd rather keep him if we can manage the above with current cash on hand.