Started by Maidstone Lee, June 13, 2018, 11:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

LVBPTS

Supporter since 2000

Fulham 442

So many brilliant goals to choose from.  I will have to watch it a couple more times before I vote!

twang

Really tough to choose but I went for:

1. Kamara vs Burton
2. Mitro vs Wolves
3. McDonald vs Millwall

Sgt Fulham

How is Mitro's 2nd against Sheffield Utd at home not in this?? That would have been my #1.

His goal against Brentford really is impeccable technique. It will probably go under the radar but not many players can do that without ballooning it, let alone squeezing it inside the post.

Syd Cupp

McDonald v Millwall
Mitro v Brentford
Johansen v Cardiff

from watching the video we scored some screamers this season and crafted some good team goals

Deeping_white

1) Kamara v Burton
2) Ayite v Villa
3) Mitro v Brentford

Barrett487

1. Cairney vs AV
2. Denis vs DC
3.AK vs Burton

bencher

Some lovely goals, but I still think about the amazing goal by Ayite v Norwich from the previous season, when he and Piazon ran rings around the whole Norwich defence. And we were down to 10 men. To cue some classic GJ commentary.

I'd like to have seen the following goals in this list:

1. McDonald v Barnsley from under the crossbar. Massive goal.
2. Sessegnon hatrick goal v Sheff Utd. Superb control and finish.
3. Mitrovic 2nd goal v Sheff Utd. It seemed almost impossible to have scored, and I thought it had gone wide at first.

But to answer the OP, I tried to combine the pleasure in the goal itself with the end result of the match and significance of the goal/result, so went with:
1. Johansen v Cardiff.
2. Mitrovic v Millwall
3. Cairney v AV

TheBadger

Cairney vs Villa
Odoi vs Derby
Mitrovic vs Wolves
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 13, 2018, 12:06:21 PM
How is Mitro's 2nd against Sheffield Utd at home not in this?? That would have been my #1.

His goal against Brentford really is impeccable technique. It will probably go under the radar but not many players can do that without ballooning it, let alone squeezing it inside the post.

Had a great angle on it in the Hammy. Was a cracking strike!

Lighthouse

Jeez I never expected my reaction to watching those again. It is just a game for goodness sake. Still emotion and pride. Don't care who was the best. They were all brilliant. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose returns

Ridiculous ambundance of treasures in that selection
I like SJ running the length of the field Ayite against villa cairney at wembley, odoi's header mitro v villa... and all the others, impossible to choose, whatever the result it will be wrong, award t to all of them!

JOND999

independently, i chose these same 3

Cairney vs Villa
Odoi vs Derby
Mitrovic vs Wolves

HectorWeso

where the actual f*ck is kmac's winner at barnsley away? Shambles/joke/disgrace.

HamsterWheel

I went
1. Ayite v Villa (because being sat in the Hammy End we had several seconds to celebrate before it even went in, so gave me the most joy)
2. Mitro v Wolves (a classy goal)
3. Odoi v Derby (wonderful header from a shortish guy)

hopper

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 13, 2018, 12:06:21 PM

Ditto this.

Went for #1 Mitro v Wolves #2 Odoi v Derby #3 Mitro v Brentford

Burt

Some good 'uns in there.

Ayite v. Barnsley
AK v. Burton
KMac v. Millwall

With an honorable mention for Ayite v. Villa (just for GJ's commentary and reaction!).

Carborundum

Quote from: JOND999 on June 13, 2018, 01:58:18 PM
independently, i chose these same 3

Cairney vs Villa
Odoi vs Derby
Mitrovic vs Wolves

These were my three, with Odoi top of the list.  Just love great headers and will not see a better one.

The joy of a great season is that so many excellent goals don't make the shortlist.  Cairney's late equaliser against Bolton for me, not because of the finish, but the sheer indomitable spirit KMac showed in setting it up.

Mince n Tatties

Simples....Odoi's header against Derby.
Without it we might never have lived the dream.