News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Translated interview - Aleksandar Mitrovic, might be some clues inside?

Started by BlackWhiteArmy, June 13, 2018, 07:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackWhiteArmy

Hey guys, I'm Partizan Belgrade supporter so obviously followed Mitrovic for a while now, been stalking forum a bit hoping he gets some of his sharpness back for the world cup and I can watch Fulham games about as much as you when TV is concerned (Sky only), anyways, been reading a bit more transfer rumours, he gave an interview for rather reliable and relevant Serbian webportal and I translated it for you, it's quite long and not sure people would be interested in all of it, some stuff might be only relevant or understandable for locals who follow affairs within domestic football and every day life so i pulled out some quotes or more relevant topics of conversation, here goes:

All questions were just one word and he'd talk about it

Rafa B.: 'I don't know if he changed his opinion about me these past 6 months and honestly I don't really care. While I was scoring in Champhionship I didn't think about revenge nor I was proving my worth to anyone. I know what I'm wort and all I always do is strive to help my team, try and give my contribution in every game I play so my team can be successful. Newcastle or Fulham, doesn't matter, I'll do my best, I gave my maximum in every club i played for and that's what I'll keep on doing. Rafa is a coach and he's making a selection, he didn't see me in his game plan and i don't have any grudges, I've dedicated myself to another team and you saw the result on Wembley.

Eternal Derby (Partizan Belgrade vs Red Star Belgrade game): I didn't play that many, only two, but both of them I will remember for the rest of my life. Despite the defeat, I'll remember the goal in the 3:2 loss as one of the most important ones in my whole career, my legs were shaking, I was nervous and had stage fright like never before or after that. Didn't really expect or hope I will play, but I was literally shaking and didn't sleep the whole night before the game. Vermezovic (PFC coach at the time) decided to let me start and I repayed his trust with a goal only 9 minutes into a game, honestly thought I was having a heart attack. (Can see the goal here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWrYuHyZ6kc).

Regret: The current football market dictates that we leave abroad quite young, wish I played more games against 'them', I scored a goal in a deafeat, I didn't score in a 1:0 win, and I'd really love to gift Partizan fans more joy with my goals against 'them' in the game that means so much to 'us' all.

Jokan: He's like a Serbian Pep G., he has an incredible sense of gameplay, he sees everything and I learn something new on each training. He knows how to get maximum from us and always gives us that final push to win. He might seem too serious or grumpy, but really he's such a gentle soul. I don't know if you noticed his reaction after AV game? He really did try to stay calm and that lasted like, what, a few seconds? Then he exploded, you could see he's burning inside and if he wanted to he could have jump over Wembley. Incredible charisma that's what separates him from all these common coaches. It's not a small thing to connect 23 games unbeaten in Championship, take my word for it. Take his lucid sense of coaching and that famous Novi Sad (Slav's place of birth, my town as well :P) charm and boldness and you'll get a coach of the third age - whatever that means, didn't quite figure that out myself.

Newcastle: Right now, I'm 100% focused on the world cup, and I don't really think about Newcastle or the next season. I experienced 'Mitro's on fire' in the fires of Wembley by Fulham fans, I couldn't keep up with my emotions, whatever happens Fulham will stay in my heart. I heard Khan is buying the stadion, jobs almost near done deal, and everyone is waiting for it to be official. There's many factors that influence where I will play next season and my career but I trust people I put in charge of these things they will do whatever they can to fulfill my interest and wishes the best. (This was a question about Newcastle he refused to talk about then went on about Fulham and how he hopes his manager will do everything he can so he can play where he wanna play - pretty much roughly translated, I'm a carpenter, not a PhD in English)

Fulham: Destiny. The moment I signed a contract in the last seconds of the transfer period I'll remember until Im dead. If someone told me that's the move of your career so far I'd honestly think they're joking with me. All of the lads and people related to the club accepted me as a member of the family from the moment I came there. It was short but so sweet (the stay). Gruja (Marko Grujic - Cardiff loanie from Liverpool) changed our plans a lil bit and sent us to the play offs (not really sure how tbh, he barely even played the last few games but whatever.) but we had the strength and quality to push until the very end and put an icing to a beautiful cake we were baking whole season.. It is very important that you join your national team with a smile on your face, and you can most clearly see how much more joyful and better mooded I am compared to some 'previous period'. (literal translation, did come off bitter and sarcastic in Serbian just as well)

Bookings (red cards): Good grief. Tottenham, then one against Arsenal, in Belgium I got sent off, twice against Club Brugge, once in the last minutes of the match and once after only 30ish minutes of game play. I remember the one in the Serbian U21 game.. I don't know what to say? Bad temper, but honestly and luckily I think I calmed down, that I control my emotions much better, I think more of my team, games and scoring goals rather than opposition and referees, it gives results. (He also mentioned in one unrelated question that he did not get sent of since the birth of his son)

Lebron James: He's such a marvel of a player. Dude plays alone, literally! He doesn't need anyone else on the court. I'm simply obsessed with NBA league! After the game on Wembley I was rushing like crazy to catch the early plane for Belgrade, so I can catch the game from Boston live. I am a Cavs fan and I was sure they will win that ring this year. On PS I only play basketball, football literally does not interest me - at all. I never watch it on tv, I don't care about football, let alone play it on a video game! Sometimes I watch Partizan Belgrade game on a tv, that's all. (He already stated earlier how he doesn't care about football, never watch it, never follow results, doesn't interest him, only basketball, back in the days he was a regular on Partizan Belgrade basketball games, supporting the club, chatting with other fans, like he's just one of the guys, singing, cursing the refs, all the regular stuff hahaha)

He talked about bunch of other things, family, his home town, his son, bit about Anderlecht, bit about national team, how his dad thought he will be a criminal and bad temper in the past etc

http://mondo.rs/a1110912/Kolumne/Nesa-Petrovic/Aleksandar-Mitrovic-intervju.html

gang

b+w geezer

That is extremely interesting (as well as quite encouraging) so thank you very much indeed for taking the trouble.

hongkongfulham

Appreciate you taking the time to share here mate. May have earned a new partizan fan in the process after watching his goal!

cmg

Thank you for this. A lucid and readable piece, and very interesting.

I very much like Mitro's honesty and enthusiasm.

CincyFulham1

Burt

Fulham1959

Thank you very much for this.

It'll be fantastic if he stays at Fulham.

LondonCalling

Fulham 442

mrmicawbers

BlackWhiteArmy

Quote from: LondonCalling on June 13, 2018, 09:37:33 PM
Thank you so much mate.. (hvala tebra)  :54:

Hahahahaha, this cannot be google translate ;)

Quote from: hongkongfulham on June 13, 2018, 08:41:18 PM
Appreciate you taking the time to share here mate. May have earned a new partizan fan in the process after watching his goal!

Hehe, you're welcome, I followed Fulham the last two years, not a supporter just sympathizer, Slavisa is our ex player and coach and won trophies as both, was happy when Mitrovic came, hopefully he stays, he actually wanted to go to loan back to Belgrade which tbh would be completely stupid, he'd learn nothing, he'd advance only backwards maybe, playing in poo league, half of the fields don't even trim grass, risk a snake bite in the process, can't see how it could be helpful for his discipline. This year in Fulham he looked more composed than ever, no stupid bookings, fights with other players, random red cards, beside that one small incident with qpr player i think and barbaric revenge tackling of Tim Cahill, for his standards, not so bad.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria