watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-

Started by bog, June 14, 2018, 08:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

The Premier league fixtures are out today and Fulham are in them!!!Ā  After the 1-0 at Sunderland who would have thought that? 049:gif

092.gif

Fernhurst

Oh Captain sir..... I'm feeling both very excited and fearful.
No dicing with top 6 ,,,,,,, avoidance of relegation is our aim and just like others we need to improve our squad each season, while our owner improves the fabric of the ground.
Buckle up, its gonna be exciting...
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mince n Tatties

Sorry to spoil your party Bog,but it was all a dream.
We were actually relegated, we're away to Rochdale first game..šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

bog

I am buckling as you speak! Exciting times like 1959 and 2001.Ā  :clap_hands: 049:gif

092.gif

Fernhurst

Loved 59 Bog, led to a 6 year stay which I enjoyed immensely.

bog

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 14, 2018, 05:04:50 PM
Sorry to spoil your party Bog,but it was all a dream.
We were actually relegated, we're away to Rochdale first game..šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

That's more like it!!!Ā  049:gif

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 15, 2018, 08:20:36 PM
Loved 59 Bog, led to a 6 year stay which I enjoyed immensely.

Me to Fernhurst. We nearly went top of the league early on in 1959. Beat the champions midweek 3-1 at the Cottage then lost a week later 0-9 at Molyneux....I see the players we signed pre-season back then showed much burning ambition....Alf Stokes from Spuds and Reg Stratton from Woking.....but they were good times were they not.

092.gif

Fernhurst

That 9-0 defeat at Wolves continues to be a catastrophe in my childhood. My two best mates were Wolves fans (glory hunters 59 style). School nights meant early nights in those days but couldn't sleep and when I heard Dad upstairs I shouted "how are we getting on" and he answered "you don't want to know Son" but he eventually told me we were 7-0 down at HT!!
That walk to school the following morning was wretched.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 16, 2018, 03:40:57 PM
That 9-0 defeat at Wolves continues to be a catastrophe in my childhood. My two best mates were Wolves fans (glory hunters 59 style). School nights meant early nights in those days but couldn't sleep and when I heard Dad upstairs I shouted "how are we getting on" and he answered "you don't want to know Son" but he eventually told me we were 7-0 down at HT!!
That walk to school the following morning was wretched.

I recall watching Sportsnight when they read out the result! My introduction to real pain! 59 years ago and it still seems like last week!!!

092.gif

Fernhurst

59 years, my goodness Captain that brings it home.

Think we need our own MB Captain, not sure the youngsters (65 and downwards) can relate to our old time musings.

bog

Sounds most appropriate!

092.gif

Stevieboy

My painful memory is the League Cup game at the Scouser's can't bring myself to write the score!!

HatterDon

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 16, 2018, 04:30:51 PM
59 years, my goodness Captain that brings it home.

Think we need our own MB Captain, not sure the youngsters (65 and downwards) can relate to our old time musings.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't leave me here alone as the oldest crusty git! 092.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fernhurst

Don't worry HD wouldnt dream of leaving you behind.

Can any of our senior members remember that news paper seller who took up position in Stevenage Road around quarter to five..... note to younger members: half times breaks were 10 mins and no added time - normally.
He used to shout in a very cockney accent a sentence that sounded like one word.
HALFTIMERESULTSFOURTHIRTYWINNER ..... how did they do that?

bog

Quote from: Stevieboy on June 16, 2018, 05:11:20 PM
My painful memory is the League Cup game at the Scouser's can't bring myself to write the score!!

IĀ  was watching News at Ten and they were reading out the results that painful night, when they got to ours the announcer said...'The next result is not a Rugby result....'Ā  :doh:

092.gif

bog

With all us old sod's musings I wish I had asked more of my long gone father and his deepest memories. He stared going down in the 1920's. Wish he had have kept the programmes, not for financial gain, just to read through.

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 16, 2018, 06:30:42 PM

Can any of our senior members remember that news paper seller who took up position in Stevenage Road around quarter to five..... note to younger members: half times breaks were 10 mins and no added time - normally.
He used to shout in a very cockney accent a sentence that sounded like one word.

I don't recall that one, but I do the Evening News being a different colour on a Saturday night.

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 16, 2018, 06:30:42 PM

I think it was somebody called Piers Morgan, I heard he became a director of an obscure commie rag, and then got the tin tack for some extraordinary reason.Ā 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.Ā  šŸ˜

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

It was the Pink un on Saturday night.

The halftime results and four thirty winner was in a column on the front page marked "stop press"
Could not have come from Fleet Street must have been added by a local Fulham/Putney printer.
Fascinated me then and still does.

Boring old fart and proud member of "The White Wall"

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 16, 2018, 08:36:53 PM
It was the Pink un on Saturday night.

The halftime results and four thirty winner was in a column on the front page marked "stop press"
Could not have come from Fleet Street must have been added by a local Fulham/Putney printer.
Fascinated me then and still does.

Boring old fart and proud member of "The White Wall"

And me also Fernhurst, mind you I am an old fart who don't smell that much....i hope....

092.gif