watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs away.

Started by Baston White, June 14, 2018, 09:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Is there not a possibility that the fixture will be postponed until their stadium is ready?

Didn't West Ham play their first three matches away because of the athletics chamionships?

Holders

Why do we want to play at WHL or whatever it's going to be called? Wouldn't it be nice to go back to Wembley?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Swan

Not to worry we will get to see Spurs at their new stadium next season.
The Swan

Syd Cupp

Never did I think Id get to see Fulham at Wembley and now ........

fulhamfever

Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2018, 09:40:49 AM
this game will see the return of fulhamish. harry kane must be nailed on to break his august duck against us

Does not matter the guy will claim anything even if it ain't his goal

F(f)CUK

March looks like it will be a fun month - Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City at home.

Neil D

Can't believe how well this has turned out for me.  I posted on an earlier thread how I wanted this to be Spurs' first home fixture so I could hope on the Met Line and be there in 30 minutes and, lo and behold, it has come to pass. Verily. 

Riversider

Bo**ocks , the one away game that I was really looking forward to was Spurs at their new stadium, gutted it won't be happening, no interest whatsoever in going to Wembley for a league match,
For that reason I'm out .

EastEndWhite

Whatever the number they give us I think we will sell out our allocation.  It would be nice to be there to see spurs lose their final home game at Wembley.

Wingnut

Quote from: EastEndWhite on June 14, 2018, 08:21:22 PM
Whatever the number they give us I think we will sell out our allocation. 

Easily. Brighton is our next away day. That'll be a very popular affair. Will definitely go to Brighton, not so sure about Spurs.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ffc73

I get the feeling that Spuds wanted a big showcase game for the stadium opening.  By waiting for the fixtures to be announced they were able to defer until the Liverpool game as Fulham (and/or any other non top 6 side) do not fit their marketing strategy.

Shame as it was one of the games that was on my most interested to see list. We will just have to stay up and go in 19/20.

PhilEsh

Quote from: Luka on June 14, 2018, 11:17:17 AM
Dont think the stadium should be used for anything other than finals and internationals.
Playing PL games there devalues the "special" experience of going to a Wembley final.

Must say im quite looking forward to it.
I was getting married on the Play of Final day, and so this will be my chance to go.

toshes mate

Quote from: FFC73 on June 15, 2018, 08:11:22 AM
I get the feeling that Spuds wanted a big showcase game for the stadium opening.  By waiting for the fixtures to be announced they were able to defer until the Liverpool game as Fulham (and/or any other non top 6 side) do not fit their marketing strategy.

Shame as it was one of the games that was on my most interested to see list. We will just have to stay up and go in 19/20.
Have to agree with that analysis but not bothered where the match is played TBH.  It'll be nice to have two visits to Wembley in one year.

Riverside

We should get to play at the new stadium next year
And for many years following .

Surely we are staying up

Whereas Wembley could be another 43 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filham

Our early chant against Spurs at Wembley could be "we are playing here more than you".

cmg

An interesting decision for whatever reason.

last year, when Spurs wanted to split their 'home' games between Wembley and Milton Keynes, Scudamore specifically stated, ""They'd have to play in the same stadium for the entire year, for the integrity of the competition. You can't have 19 home games with 10 at Milton Keynes and nine at Wembley – completely, completely unfair. That won't be allowed in our competition."

Presumably a 1 to 18 split is OK, especially as the 'one' is only little old Fulham.

I am also presuming that we would have to have agreed to this. I am guessing that a bit of scratching someone's back on this issue would be good politics for us in case we, in the future, might need our back scratched over arrangements for our new stand development.

Stevieboy

Pity, was looking forward to being first team to win in their new stadium.
Bet it would have been a different response had their first game been against any of the top 6.

MJG

Well I have  to say I'm still excited about us going back and hopefully I'll get a ticket.
Just the views of a long term fan

SP

I'm torn on this one.  Who doesn't fancy a trip to Wembley but it's unlikely anything could better our last visit.

The volume of both sets of fans was unbelievable.  Presumably, cup finals don't match that atmosphere as half the tickets have been given to the 'football family' rather than to fans of the clubs?