https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2018, 07:52:09 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 07, 2018, 10:36:38 PM
a few weeks ago it seemed that a sizable minority of posters were saying that the didn't care about the WC or England's national team. I'm wondering how many of them have changed that opinion.

I was one of them. Inevitably I've become more interested, and I've actually watched the first half of both two knockout games before getting bored and going off to do chores around the house. But even now, imagining one of the England players (most of whom I wouldn't have recognised in the street a few weeks ago) scoring a 91st minute world cup winner against the French, that wouldn't even get me 30% as excited as that McDonald goal at the New Den.

Each to his own I guess!!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Twig

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2018, 07:52:09 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 07, 2018, 10:36:38 PM
a few weeks ago it seemed that a sizable minority of posters were saying that the didn't care about the WC or England's national team. I'm wondering how many of them have changed that opinion.

I was one of them. Inevitably I've become more interested, and I've actually watched the first half of both two knockout games before getting bored and going off to do chores around the house. But even now, imagining one of the England players (most of whom I wouldn't have recognised in the street a few weeks ago) scoring a 91st minute world cup winner against the French, that wouldn't even get me 30% as excited as that McDonald goal at the New Den.

Well I suppose you are moving in the right direction Statto. Small steps!

KingofCheese

Quote from: filham on July 08, 2018, 07:28:18 PM
I remain a little critical about the England team and am still more interested in Fulham getting a team together to play Palace but wait a minute it is possible that after another 90 minutes football England could be in a World Cup final. That is not bad going.

You remain critical of a team that has got to the semi finals? You must have extremely high standards or skill in managing and playing at International level to be like this considering our record since 1966  :wow:
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Milo

Everytime I watch Dembele I get so frustrated.

His positioning is so poor! He doesn't work hard enough to make space for himself. He's SO strong on the ball and does the simple things so well but if he doesn't put the effort in and get the ball then it's all for nothing.

Milo

Ps Mbappe 19 v Sessegnon 18..

F(f)CUK

The quality of the attacking football in the first 20minutes of France vs Belgium has been unbelievable.

Tabby

Lloris having a great game so far.

Mince n Tatties

Dembele has given the ball away so many times,nearly cost a second goal there.Been Belgium weak link up to now.

Tabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 10, 2018, 08:16:04 PM
Dembele has given the ball away so many times,nearly cost a second goal there.Been Belgium weak link up to now.

Has looked well off pace this game. I guess there is a reason that Tottenham are letting him go.

Carborundum

Quote from: Tabby on July 10, 2018, 08:23:05 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 10, 2018, 08:16:04 PM

Has looked well off pace this game. I guess there is a reason that Tottenham are letting him go.
Sign him up.  Anyone can have an off night with the ball and his tackle on Giroud was amazing.  Besides, I just love watching him play.

St. Andrews White

Was hoping Belgium would make it, don't want France to win and certainly don't want to face Mbappe in the final if we make it.

Extra time would've been nice too, but hey ho. If you want to win the world cup you have to prove you're the best team there.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Fulhamfan666

Godverdomme.

I hope the England/Croatia players really injure Mbappe. 19 years old and a bigger C*nt than any player I've ever seen. (even Neymar!!!). A decapitated leg would do  :022:

Woolly Mammoth

I watched Mbappe v Belgium, and already at 19 he has some real bad habits, some of these footballers have no shame or dignity.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 10, 2018, 11:31:22 PM
Godverdomme.

I hope the England/Croatia players really injure Mbappe. 19 years old and a bigger C*nt than any player I've ever seen. (even Neymar!!!). A decapitated leg would do  :022:

That is a seriously unpleasant post.

Tabby

If his timewasting was bad enough for a broken leg, you surely must demand that Bettinelli should be drawn and quartered.

gezkc

Godverdomme.

Seriously? What's wrong with you?!!

Carborundum

A decapitated leg would do  :022:

I'm calling that out as an oxymoron.   Emphasis on the latter two syllables.

VicHalomsLovechild

I have to admit to getting a bit nervous when we (Fulham) play it out from the back but watching England tonight Pickford just whacks the ball up field and we inevitably lose possession. I'm of the opinion that this England team playing the Fulham way would walk this competition.

Mince n Tatties

We we're hanging on last 25 mins.

Neil D

The French will delighted by this - extra time and a day fewer to recover, whoever wins.