Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

So it all kicks off today!  :wine:

Russia vs Saudi Arabia up first.

Who do we fancy for this one?
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

gmosullivan

Hard to see past Russia winning, they will be fired up, home crowd and fearful of they mess up that Putin will punish them!!! Seriously though, bookies are offering 10-1 for A scoreline of 2-1 which I think is a good bet.  Both teams will be raring to go and should be a high tempo game with the whole world watching.

Woolly Mammoth

Whoever loses, the players will have a bleak future.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: gmosullivan on June 14, 2018, 12:22:41 PM
Hard to see past Russia winning, they will be fired up, home crowd and fearful of they mess up that Putin will punish them!!! Seriously though, bookies are offering 10-1 for A scoreline of 2-1 which I think is a good bet.  Both teams will be raring to go and should be a high tempo game with the whole world watching.

Think that's too good to pass up, worth at least a fiver on.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

YankeeJim

Don't really care. I'm waiting for the USA v Italy match.  .......and waiting...
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Saudi Arabia were no great sheikhs.

Great game I thought, I think Russia's seeding is very very unrealistic, as they haven't played a competitive game in two years as hosts, etc.

If Salah is not 100%, I think Russia will get out of the group.

SWSixer

Hmm I thought Russia must have folded under the pressure, so fancied a draw.

The Saudi defence was just awful. Are we looking at consecutive World Cups without an Asian side into the 2nd round?

Milo

Mitro in action on Sunday.

125-1 for top goalscorer. Perhaps each way top 4 goal scorers at 31/1 is a better bet?

SWSixer

Quote from: Milo on June 15, 2018, 01:19:41 AM
Mitro in action on Sunday.

125-1 for top goalscorer. Perhaps each way top 4 goal scorers at 31/1 is a better bet?

Yeah that's worth a look. Doesn't look like a group where goals will be too easy to come by, however.

Holders

I didn't see the game but heard something about some singer making a gesture at the camera. Does anyone know what that was all about and whom the gesture was aimed at?

It seems a bit ungracious if he was being paid to perform there.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

As good a player Ronaldo is I just hate his cheating & play acting. For his pen he hung out his right leg to make contact with the defender. Deserved a booking. 2 mins later he was fouled & went down clutching his face. There was no contact any way near his face. Another booking for simulation & off. But the weak refs do nothing as it´s Ronaldo.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Replay suggests differently re penalty Great game though. Could easily be 2 all after half an hour.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

grandad

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 15, 2018, 07:30:57 PM
Replay suggests differently re penalty Great game though. Could easily be 2 all after half an hour.

I agree about the quality of the game but I am still convinced that Ronaldo conjured the pen. Did you see the smile he gave Nacho as if to say " I´m too clever for you & the ref."

Southcoastffc

I don't like him either but the penalty was legitimate.  Second half promises to be something special. I can't see Portugal parking a bus successfully against these Spanish magicians, but Portugal's counter attacks are wonderfully dangerous.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on June 15, 2018, 10:53:16 AM
I didn't see the game but heard something about some singer making a gesture at the camera. Does anyone know what that was all about and whom the gesture was aimed at?

It seems a bit ungracious if he was being paid to perform there.

Apparently the singer RB was performing without payment, and stuck two fingers up at the transgender mob, who had criticised him for performing in anti gay Russia.
However, he embarrassed himself by carrying out that gesture, loses respect and any credibility, he should rise above the T G merchants, they have far too much time on their hands
Not a smart thing to do, shows ignorance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

What a game. Poor old England would get slaughtered by either of these sides.

cmg

Terrific entertainment.

Just talk us through Ronaldo's options with that free-kick again, Danny.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: grandad on June 15, 2018, 08:20:08 PM
Easily we would be cheated out of the game by these two diving nations.
They are a disgrace, but especially that "*#@ Portuguese no 7
I hate it - with the skill these players have surely there's no need for this type of blatant cheating?
Really hope we get a better standard of reffing!
I actually really hate Ronald with a passion!

grandad

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 15, 2018, 09:43:35 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 15, 2018, 08:20:08 PM
Easily we would be cheated out of the game by these two diving nations.
They are a disgrace, but especially that "*#@ Portuguese no 7
I hate it - with the skill these players have surely there's no need for this type of blatant cheating?
Really hope we get a better standard of reffing!
I actually really hate Ronald with a passion!

I tend to agree with you about the cheating. I have never understood why top players feel they have to resort to cheating, diving, feigning injury, pretending to be hit in the face. Does it become natural for them or are they coached to do it due to their natural skills.?