watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Spain v Portugal was a great game. It would be nice to have one or two more like that. Now it seems to me that the team that can beat Spain can win the World cup but it is unlikely to be England.

Riverside

With The Spain Portugal game the World Cup for the neural can only get worse ?

Surely this will be seen as
- the best game
- the best free kick
- the best volley goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lighthouse

Australia v France -  Two Aussie central defenders were impressive. France were awful and were play acting from the start. Still a win is a win. More use of VAR and it doesn't take the talking points or controversy out of the game. Still hard to see why France had a penalty.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

Why is VAR not acting on the cheating. Ronaldo - as good as he is, is a seasoned cheat, yet again he pretty much admits it with the rye grin after the event. VAR is there they need to use it for such incidents also.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Sgt Fulham

Australia hard done by there. Great defensively and very unlucky with the penalty and goal.

Fulhamfan666

Not going to lie, but watching the world cup makes me want the new season to start even more ...

Fernhurst

Such a shame to see Jedinak lose...... again.....😎😎😎😎

A brick in the White Wall
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lighthouse

Good to see Iceland holding on for the draw. Again VAR makes the wrong decisions IMO but I am getting fed up with the system already. Good to see an ex Fulham player still doing his job for Iceland. Why it never worked out for him here remains a bit of a mystery.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Watching Peru v Denmark on mute 🤐

So disappointed those blooming vuvuzela's are back.

Fernhurst

Our man Kvist just stretchered off

Steeeeeeeeeed

Watched the Danny Baker World Cup Brush Up the other day, on iPlayer.

Very amusing indeed, well with a watch and not the usual old clips being rolled out. In fact I don't think I have seen any of them before.

To see Kevin Keegan make Kenneth Williams crack up laughing with a quip about Millwall is worth it on its own.
And that old English Mascot guy getting his hat knocked off with some fish and chips...
And Pickles the Dog Update on Blue Peter...

Haha, great stuff.

Missed watching that Spain Portugal game as working, but very impressive stuff from Ronaldo. The penalty was fine for me, he went to try to get one, and the defender fell.for it.
But that Free Kick, fantastic and kind of gave the defender a head shave on the side too.

Holders

The penalty wasn't in my view, a player of his calibre was perfectly capable of staying on his feet. However, the free kick was outstanding.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fernhurst

Have we been linked to any of this Croatia team playing this evening??

aaronmcguigan

These are the players who have played in the World Cup who have signed directly following a World Cup . Have I missed anyone?

Mitrovic?

-Adam Taggart (Australia)

-Rafik Halliche (Algeria)
-Carlos Salcido (Mexico)

-Pierre Wome (Cameroon)
-extended Junichi Inamotos loan (Japan)

the nutflush

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 16, 2018, 01:07:20 PM
Australia v France -  Two Aussie central defenders were impressive. France were awful and were play acting from the start. Still a win is a win. More use of VAR and it doesn't take the talking points or controversy out of the game. Still hard to see why France had a penalty.

I think we were well and truly ripped off.  An English ref would never have allowed than pen.  Sainsbury was immense in defence.  If Rogic had had some sort of game we might have at least got a draw.  Rogic is such a talent but goes missing in big matches.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: the nutflush on June 17, 2018, 01:33:10 AM

I think we were well and truly ripped off.  An English ref would never have allowed than pen.  Sainsbury was immense in defence.  If Rogic had had some sort of game we might have at least got a draw.  Rogic is such a talent but goes missing in big matches.

Ridiculous use of VAR. Still got the decision wrong. Got to be honest, I am not a fan of it at all. They play on for half a minute, stop the game and then review a penalty call. It disrupts the game so much and they still got it wrong.

Have to say I heard Sainsbury's name every 2 minutes. He was immense and thought I wouldn't mind seeing him in a white shirt. Is he consistently that good?

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 17, 2018, 01:22:33 AM

These are the players who have played in the World Cup who have signed directly following a World Cup . Have I missed anyone

Mitrovic?

-Carlos Salcido (Mexico)

-Pierre Wome (Cameroon)

Seem to remember Clint Dempsey scoring against England?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

the nutflush

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 17, 2018, 10:49:24 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on June 17, 2018, 01:33:10 AM

Ridiculous use of VAR. Still got the decision wrong. Got to be honest, I am not a fan of it at all. They play on for half a minute, stop the game and then review a penalty call. It disrupts the game so much and they still got it wrong.

Have to say I heard Sainsbury's name every 2 minutes. He was immense and thought I wouldn't mind seeing him in a white shirt. Is he consistently that good?

Hes improved a mile in the last couple of years.  Is now one of our most important players.  He was going to take the captains armband if Jedinak didn't play so that's how high he is rated by Van Marwijk.  I put him in the Tim Ream mould.  A bit of a late bloomer.  Look what Tim did this season...

If he has another game like that against Denmark then he wont be playing club football where he is now for very long.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on June 17, 2018, 11:56:41 AM
Quote from: Newry FFC on June 17, 2018, 01:22:33 AM

These are the players who have played in the World Cup who have signed directly following a World Cup . Have I missed anyone

Mitrovic?

-Carlos Salcido (Mexico)

-Pierre Wome (Cameroon)

Seem to remember Clint Dempsey scoring against England?

He scored in 2006 WC. Fairly certain he didn't join us until Jan 2007. I'm on about signing directly after a World Cup

the nutflush

I think he scored in 2010 and was already with us.