more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: Neil D on July 11, 2018, 08:58:06 PM
The French will delighted by this - extra time and a day fewer to recover, whoever wins.

Thats what we thought about Croatia

Mince n Tatties

It was coming that goal...Aaargh

grandad

This is not the game to put in our poorest performance. Poor defending for their goals. Sterling dreadful again. Kane marked out of the game. Croatia were far stronger than us & more creative.
Never mind we got further than most expected. My England players of the tournament are Trippier, Pickford & Maguire.
Ryan Sessegnon will win it for us in 4yearstime.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

We never in last few games make the chances from open play,we've relied too much  on set piece goals.

Barrett487

Our attacking spark was extinguished when Sterling was substituted. Rashford offered nothing and his co trol was rubbish, Lingard disappeared, Kane was ineffective.

All you Sterling haters got your way.

grandad

Will there be a 3rd & 4th playoff game?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Neil D

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2018, 09:41:45 PM
We never in last few games make the chances from open play,we've relied too much  on set piece goals.

Indeed.  What was needed was a bit of creativity in midfield and that was missing.  An English Modric.  I hope they give France a good beating.

Tabby

Quote from: grandad on July 11, 2018, 09:45:21 PM

Yep, on saturday.

Lighthouse

Quote from: grandad on July 11, 2018, 09:45:21 PM

Yes there will be.

We looked a young and at times naive side that never  looked like scoring after we scored. But that is what we are and to get this far in the World Cup we should be content.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

I didn't get carried away by earlier results,Tunisia, Panama,Sweden.
I feared as soon as we met a decent side we would come up short.

filham

Russianrob

3rd and 4th play off on Saturday in St.Petersburg where I live.However the greatest match this year has already been played at Wembley and we won it.Even if I was given a free ticket for the 3rd and 4th play off not sure that I could be bothered to go!!!

YankeeJim

England did well, overall. No one expected them getting this far. Good on them.

I didn't realize that Kane lacked pace that badly. He was totally marked out of this match and most of the last one. Walker was a fault on the first goal and out of position o the second. Stones covered for him a lot.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Bokonon

Looking at the stats, Croatia pulled a Fulham on England. 57% poss, 22 shots, 80% pass acc., 590 passes.

Definitely a familiar line...

filham

We were not really as good as we thought we were.
That first half when we had the edge , so many long , high, hopeful , balls up to Sterling because we knew he could outpace there defenders. The balls of course were no where good enough to bother their defenders.

fulhamben

No complaints from me, the better team won, Southgates negative tactics were only ever going to take us so far. Sad thing is we had a real chance but once again the fa let us down. And even more worryingly, just like they did with hodgson, thet will probably give Southgate another tournament
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

On a positive note, all the main performers will still be in their prime come next WC. Only player in danger of being too old starting is Young, and I don't understand why he was starting on left back.

Mince n Tatties

Had to laugh at the end when the commentator said they will return home as National Treasures...😁

Ordar

Southgate should stay. This team was not about this tournament, like Brazil and Germany, you have to build

Carborundum

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 11, 2018, 09:53:27 PM
England did well, overall. No one expected them getting this far. Good on them.

I didn't realize that Kane lacked pace that badly. He was totally marked out of this match and most of the last one. Walker was a fault on the first goal and out of position o the second. Stones covered for him a lot.
They did do well and I salute them.

I'd be a bit kinder towards Walker.  The trouble with three at the back is that no-one's ever completely sure what their position needs to be.  After half time Croatia were excellent and pressure ground us down.