watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Really proud of the England setup and everyone involved. Been a cracking tournament and to be honest, I'm not really too fussed we went out. They've done better than expectations and handled themselves superbly. Miss opportunity perhaps but ah well. Futures bright for England as we know with Sess and co. coming through.

Woolly Mammoth

England will come again, a very young team who care, with a Manager who cares.
Maybe they overachieved in this Competition, but the team and the manager showed class from start to finish, and the support from the magnificent England supporters was second to none.
The dissapointing aspect is, that we were 1 0 up and looking good, could have been 3 0 up at half time. Perhaps inexperience took its toll.
That's football, goals change games, but the England players were great examples to all those cheats from other countries. Ethically England are worlds away from those cheats. We win with class, and lose with class.
Which is more than I can say for any other country I have watched.
The other dissapointing issue is that we were 21 mins away from a World Cup Final.
We punched above our weight, but we will come back stronger. The best is yet to come, and yes I am also very proud of England. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

We lost because we don't create enough from open play. Such a shame we don't make many creative midfielders in this country. Do think Kane should've scored though, if he wants to prove he's world class.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 11, 2018, 10:26:41 PM
Maybe they overachieved in this Competition, but the team and the manager showed class from start to finish, and the support from the magnificent England supporters was second to none.
The dissapointing aspect is, that we were 1 0 up and looking good, could have been 3 0 up at half time. Perhaps inexperience took its toll.
That's football, goals change games, but the England players were great examples to all those cheats from other countries. Ethically England are worlds away from those cheats. We win with class, and lose with class.
The other dissapointing issue is that we were 21 mins away from a World Cup Final.
We punched above our weight, but we will come back stronger. The best is yet to come, and yes I am also very proud of England. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Hear hear. Southgate very likeable and did a superb job.

The Rock

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 11, 2018, 10:26:41 PM

Great post. Most of the starting 11 will still be round in 4 years.

Agreed it was amazing the England players didn't get hit by the same sniper fire that the other clubs did. It builds credibility

Barrett487

So... after 74 minutes Southgate takes off the only player in our team that causes them problems..... When Sterling left the pitch, our flair and creativity left with him. Croatia were laughing at us i presume. Rashford was rubbish today, miscontrolling or lacking in ideas and generally uninspiring. We had to play an extra 30 minutes without a spark.

Don't get me wrong, i'm chuffed how well we did, but Southgate made the wrong substitution tonight.

terryr

Well done England for a good run.
Given the youth and spirit in the team I would England is finally back in a position to threaten any major tournament.
No longer paper tigers in my opinion.
That's progress

hovewhite

Southgate and his kids have rebuilt England's respect.
The have been superb ambassadors for there country and should feel as we all do so proud of them all to a man.

Pud

Really frustrating because Croatia were there for the beating. I'd suggest that a better team than England would have done.

I think France will beat them relatively comfortably but the score line will be close.

VicHalomsLovechild

I'm not sure any of the major teams are as good as they once were. We have a young team and manager who if they apply themselves could be better than they are. It will be interesting to see how they play Saturday.

Tabby

The only big team that has really performed this WC is France.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Tabby on July 12, 2018, 08:50:20 AM

Really....I thought Belgium were superb,and only went out to a set piece from France.

Tabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 12, 2018, 08:54:00 AM
Quote from: Tabby on July 12, 2018, 08:50:20 AM

Really....I thought Belgium were superb,and only went out to a set piece from France.

Belgium were almost knocked out by Japan. France on the other hand have not really been threatened so far imo, they were in control of all their games.

Belgium look like a much less solid side than the French, I think that is mainly down to their mediocre central midfield (Kante & Pogba vs Witsel and Fellaini).

southwest6

the only real difference was the difference in quality in midfield. Modric always seems to pick the right ball, and if he doesn't, he'll make sure he retrieves it if lost. Him and rakitic are always looking to go forward and never rush matters; we on the other hand, have two CM's in Henderson and Dier who in my honest opinion are really poor. Sideways and backwards seems to be their M.O. Both are really not composed and have terrible distribution. As others have said, we did overachieve and am really proud of the lads. Going into this tournament just after having seen the selected squad, i held the belief that we were a bang average side on an individual level. Collectively, however, the team proved me wrong. They somewhat seemed to complement each other in a bizarre way: I reckon we'll have a far better side within the next 4 years given the abundance in talent our youth seem to possess!

Fulhamfan666

Jesus Christ I was joking guys.

Westlondonffc

When did throwing pints in the air becoming standard practice? Wait ages to get served a £5 pint, lob it in the air in the hope of a camera filming it, then back to the bar...
B*llend behaviour