more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle want £20m for Aleksandar Mitrovic

Started by WhiteJC, June 14, 2018, 12:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Newcastle want £20m for Aleksandar Mitrovic

Newcastle are prepared to sell Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer and want £20m for the striker, according to Sky sources.

Mitrovic spent the second half of last season on loan at Fulham and scored 12 goals in 20 matches as they secured promotion to the Premier League via the Sky Bet Championship play-offs.

The 23-year-old, who is currently preparing for the World Cup with Serbia, has two years remaining on his contract at St James' Park.

Mitrovic joined Newcastle from Anderlecht in 2015 after scoring 44 goals in 90 appearances for the Belgian side.

He has since struggled for the same consistency with the Magpies, netting only 17 times in 72 appearances for the club.

Mitrovic was allowed to join Fulham in January after falling down the pecking order under Rafa Benitez, with Dwight Gayle, Joselu and Ayoze Perez among the names preferred in attack.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11404485/newcastle-want-20m-for-aleksandar-mitrovic

Milo

Bite their hands off.

I wonder what odds I would get for Jokanovic next Chelsea manager AND Mitrovic then signing for Chelsea this transfer window..? Good old Fulhamish pessimism shining through as brightly as ever..

Horsfield_No9

At age 20 he scored 44 goals in 90 for Anderlecht. His international record is 16 in 37. These are mad stats and he's only only 23.

This is a no brainer at that price. If he does well in the Prem for us he could be off to Man U in a year for 50m. Really hope we can get the deal done before it becomes a bidding war. Once that is done we need Targett secured. If we are to stay up we need those 2, I don't like to think of the team without them.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

TheBadger

£20m is a deal waiting to be done. Especially seeing as, like most deals these days I imagine, it probably won't be a straight £20m... Probably more like £15m plus add ons based on appearances/goals and us staying up.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele

Sgt Fulham

Holders

I think we should do this, not least to get one of the questions answered/pieces of the jigsaw in place. If they've come out with a definitive price (press speaking) then it removes the uncertainty surrounding waiting till after the world cup. Inasmuch as they paid £15m, you can't blame them seeking a profit and it's not as much as had been mooted. The bloke wants to come and I think all the fans love him. It would be good to carry forward the chemistry from Wembley into the early games of the season. I'm pretty sure TK is aware of that.

That then allows us to know whom else we need up front - e.g. RW.

It should have been established by now if Targett is available; if not, then we can seek the LB elsewhere. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Milo

With the football market as it is top strikers in their prime could routinely be going for £60m+ in 4-5 years time.

Mitro in 4-5 years will be 27-28 and on current projection would be right up there.

Anything up to £25m now (and realistically up to £30m) would be worth it given how vital he is for making our team click and potential resale value.

Honestly this is incredibly vital to our chances in the Prem.

I wonder if perhaps Khan can woo Ashley with a week's use of his yacht... invite for meal with him (lobster, champagne, prestigious restaurant etc). Make him feel a part of an elite, invite only club in exchange for Mitro at circa £25m. Yes.. you'll have to put up with a floundering oaf in your friend circle for a few weekends but it'll be worth it. Human nature is a key weapon in persuasion and Ashley has narcissist written all over his face and will take the bait.

St Eve

Fernhurst

Sign the cheque NOW......... before Serbia's first game!!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Maidstone Lee

Really hoping the club has already spoken to Mitro, we need to sign him up asap.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

David I

On previous history I would guess that Fulham haggle over price for the sake of a few pound and someone else nips in and signs him.
£20 mil is a bargain for a player that is PROVEN suits our system - sign him up!!

Frackleheath

If this is fact, give them the money now, before he bangs in more goals in Russia!!!

Stevieboy

Would think it would make him happy out in Russia knowing his future was sorted.

Mince n Tatties

Hurry up or he might be lining up against us first game,as Palace want him.

bog

Get the deal done now!!!!   :clap_hands:

092.gif

grandad

SJ , I think, is in Russia following Serbia. I am sure he will have some contact with Mitro.
Where there's a will there's a wife

PutneyPhil

Mitro signed on Monday
Tuesday Slav announces he's going to Chelski
Wednesday Big Sam takes over and plays Mitro in a 10 man defence

Milo

Quote from: grandad on June 14, 2018, 05:09:51 PM
SJ , I think, is in Russia following Serbia. I am sure he will have some contact with Mitro.

Slavs following him round like a smitten teenager

MikeW

Let's hope the Talbot's, Ally Mac, all the rest behind the scenes are on the front foot and not dithering.  You've got the dosh, get in there while the WC is on and secure our immediate future.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."