watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle want £20m for Aleksandar Mitrovic

Started by WhiteJC, June 14, 2018, 12:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

When I hear we have bid £6m for Jordan Ayew at Swansea I have my doubts that we will go for Mitro. After Mitroglu and Marlet perhaps some behind the scenes are saying no. Which is nonsense given that we have seen Mitro play for us.  In Fawlty Towers they used to call it the bleeding obvious.

092.gif 

KJS

Quote from: alfie on June 15, 2018, 03:20:17 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on June 15, 2018, 02:05:19 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 14, 2018, 04:54:09 PM
Hurry up or he might be lining up against us first game,as Palace want him.

What was Woy's quote, "best target play he had seen all season" or something similar. Visions of a better version of Zamora I suspect.
Why can't you just say Roy

Because he will affectionately always be 'WOY' to Fulham fans  049:gif

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: KJS on June 15, 2018, 03:29:54 PM

What was Woy's quote, "best target play he had seen all season" or something similar. Visions of a better version of Zamora I suspect.

I don't think it's affectionate to mock his speech impediment.

KJS

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on June 15, 2018, 04:01:48 PM

Not another Snow Flake!!! :doh:

filham

This thread has been running for a while, what is the delay, why have we not put our bid in by now. If we let this opportunity slip away and find ourselves in the relegation zone at Christmas we will look back and say this situation would not exist if we had acted in June and signed Mitrovic.

cmg

Quote from: filham on June 15, 2018, 07:06:25 PM
This thread has been running for a while, what is the delay, why have we not put our bid in by now....

How do you know we haven't?

Marinelloguthrie

Perhaps Mitro is asking for too much money....

Think we all agree that £20 million is an ok figure to pay for him but what weekly wage would u go up to?

alfie

Well i'm A Fulham fan and he will affectionately be Roy to me, sorry I just don't get what this Woy stuff is all about
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Deeping_white

This thread has been running for a while, what is the delay, why have we not put our bid in by now. If we let this opportunity slip away and find ourselves in the relegation zone at Christmas we will look back and say this situation would not exist if we had acted in June and signed Mitrovic.

Newcastle aren't selling him until the WC is done, and he's hardly going to be occupied with talking terms whilst he's focusing on the most important few weeks of his life. Why do people keep asking why we haven't tried to sign him yet when Newcastle specifically said they wouldn't sell him until after he's done at the WC as it will affect his price.

Marinelloguthrie

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 15, 2018, 07:25:17 PM

Newcastle aren't selling him until the WC is done, and he's hardly going to be occupied with talking terms whilst he's focusing on the most important few weeks of his life. Why do people keep asking why we haven't tried to sign him yet when Newcastle specifically said they wouldn't sell him until after he's done at the WC as it will affect his price.

So a bit of a dilema, want him in good mood so a good world cup would help but price could go too high...

What sort of world cup for him well us is best?

Milo

Quote from: alfie on June 15, 2018, 07:20:10 PM

Well i'm A Fulham fan and he will affectionately be Roy to me, sorry I just don't get what this Woy stuff is all about

All the Woy naming business just makes me think of that Rio World Cup tweet.. itll always be "Roy" for me..

filham

Quote from: cmg on June 15, 2018, 07:12:29 PM
This thread has been running for a while, what is the delay, why have we not put our bid in by now....

Because Fulham would want the PR attached to the bid and would have forced a leak.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on June 15, 2018, 10:33:11 PM
Quote from: cmg on June 15, 2018, 07:12:29 PM

Because Fulham would want the PR attached to the bid and would have forced a leak.

This would be the same Fulham that have always tried to operate as quietly as possible then?

toshes mate

All I think we do know is that Newcastle's auction price for Mitro starts at around £20m.  Let's see where it goes from there.

grandad

With the "big " clubs offering £30 to £80 million for players few of us have heard of, £20 mil for Mitro is peanuts.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Grumpy Worthing White

Quote from: Statto on June 15, 2018, 04:57:01 PM
Quote from: KJS on June 15, 2018, 04:30:21 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on June 15, 2018, 04:01:48 PM

Not another Snow Flake!!! :doh:

Oh come on. Show some wespect. All you need to say is that you're vewy vewy sowwy

cmg

Stevieboy

I love Mitro and I know he would fit into the team perfectly.
However, all this hype worries me in the same way that Sess's 'value' has increased from 10m to 50m in the blink of an eye.
I fear he will be snapped up by a team with more money than sense and if the team don't play to his strengths he will be worthless.
That saying despite his fantastic all round play for us he has missed a few that you would expect a Premier League player to snap up. Maybe he is still a tad rusty but it does highlight the fact we mustn't be bullied in paying an inflated price for him.
If we do manage to secure his services I do believe he will become a legend for us.  049:gif

Bill2

:yay:
Quote from: PutneyPhil on June 14, 2018, 05:40:09 PM
Mitro signed on Monday
Tuesday Slav announces he's going to Chelski
Wednesday Big Sam takes over and plays Mitro in a 10 man defence
:005:

filham

So , if we wait and wait and play poker with Newcastle until late in July and then Mitrovic slips through our fingers what then, who will be available for one of our usual last minute panic buys.
Does anyone think we could manage until January without a new quality striker.