more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle want £20m for Aleksandar Mitrovic

Started by WhiteJC, June 14, 2018, 12:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on June 17, 2018, 05:21:06 PM
So , if we wait and wait and play poker with Newcastle until late in July and then Mitrovic slips through our fingers what then, who will be available for one of our usual last minute panic buys.
Does anyone think we could manage until January without a new quality striker.

We will need an ace in the pack, and certainly not a joker.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

"If we do manage to secure his services I do believe he will become a legend for us.  049:gif"

So do I 👍👍👍
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

grandad

A number of mid table clubs will not have to make wholesale additions as recently promoted clubs will have to. They will all have substantially more cash to spend & I expect one of them will pay something like £30 mil for Mitrovic which I doubt we would pay.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

I suspect that whatever Mitro's transfer fee proves to be that'll not be the issue.  The problem will be a Dutch auction on Mitro's wages.  FFC will have learned their lesson over player wages and be keen to keep the Club on an even keel this time around.   Just let the recruiters find some talent who wants to be at FFC and will not cost silly money coming here.  If Mitro wants to play at Fulham for Fulham then he will.  Trust SJ to have done his bit.

Stevieboy

I expect it is very tricky, bid 20mill now and start an auction that will last until the last day of the window or bide time so Newcastle can't inflate the price in the risk they will not move him on.
I think other teams must look at the overall picture and the reason why Mitro is here and why he WANTS to play for Fulham.....Slav pure and simple.
Can you imagine him playing under Moyes or Warnock etc. it just wouldn't work.

Twig

I am sure that Fulham will do this deal if it can be done.  As others have said, there have to be limitations on the fees and wages we can sensibly pay.  But I believe Mitro will want to come to Fulham permanently because he is loved here and Joka has a good relationship with him and this all helps to make a positive outcome more likely.

filham

Quote from: Twig on June 18, 2018, 03:39:23 PM
I am sure that Fulham will do this deal if it can be done.  As others have said, there have to be limitations on the fees and wages we can sensibly pay.  But I believe Mitro will want to come to Fulham permanently because he is loved here and Joka has a good relationship with him and this all helps to make a positive outcome more likely.

I understand Mitro has said he would like to come to Fulham.
Newcasle have said they will accept £20m for him.
We must have agree on wages with him last season.
We are a London based Premiership club.
None of the top six have expressed an interest in him.

Can't think when we have been better placed to sign a player that we really need.

If this transfer slips through our fingers the management will have egg all over their faces and will owe the fans a full explanation.

Tabby

Quote from: filham on June 19, 2018, 12:01:14 PM
Newcasle have said they will accept £20m for him.

Have they really though? They have according to nebulous "sky sources". According to the same nebulous "sky sources" we agreed to sell Sessegnon to Tottenham this summer last window.

mrmicawbers

The 20 million if true,could be structured with loads of add ons.For example if we stay up.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 19, 2018, 12:38:19 PM
The 20 million if true,could be structured with loads of add ons.For example if we stay up.

As you say, I am sure there will be add ons etc, but we have to speculate to accumulate. Otherwise we will be the poor relations. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Mitro's said he likes playing for Fulham, and he certainly gives his all, so this must be a factor in  signing him.

The club must be aware that they should make every effort to keep him, but obviously within reason. I suppose that we now have the money to turn elsewhere for a quality striker, if the  deal, which isn't even a deal, falls through for one reason or other. Newcastle are in the driving seat re a proposed deal, I suppose.

But I think all Fulham fans  really want to sign a player who has been such a success for us, and seems such a good fit with  team and fans, and will be very disappointed if Fulham don't make every possible effort to sign him.