watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Refreshing: world's most expensive player says PSG

Started by General, June 14, 2018, 05:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Paid to much for him and that he's not worth 200 million, whilst also stating he only pays attention to himself and who he is as a person and footballer.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11820/11404680/neymar-says-he-is-not-worth-the-200m-paris-saint-germain-paid-for-him

Would be great if more players said things of a similar ilk and prices paid for players came back to earth.

HatterDon

so is he giving that "too much money" back to the club? to the season ticket holders?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on June 14, 2018, 05:51:46 PM
so is he giving that "too much money" back to the club? to the season ticket holders?

It's not him who paid it. If I were in his shoes I would milk my footballing career for every penny I could. Most people would.

Bassey the warrior

He had a poor season outside of Ligue Un. He will never usurp Messi if he keeps being so selfish and he's not as good a finisher as Ronaldo. Once he can sort his mentality out however he could go a long way.

SWSixer

So he states 'I'm proud that I've achieved my childhood goal'.

What is that exactly?

toshes mate

"He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have." - Socrates

And so we know the condition of discontent and one of its partners in crime - avarice - have been around for a very, very long time.  It could be argued it is not the individual's fault because what else could they do?   If someone offers you a great deal of money for your 'services' which is in excess of what you feel your 'services' are worth is the offer wrong or is your evaluation wrong?  Only the individual can answer that and getting it wrong can lead to ever greater problems.  The key to most things in life is morality and as Mark Twain wrote 'It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare.'

Professional sport is wide open to greed like almost anything involving money is.

fulhamben

Thats code for, I wanted to join real Madrid but couldn't go there straight from barca. But now they can't afford me and I have to try and lower my price
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

"I fancy another tasty move. My agent is down to his last few dozen million, isn't that right Dad? And who the hell are Guingcamp anyway?"