watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR World Cup Commentators

Started by Syd Cupp, June 17, 2018, 02:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Lineker is another talentless one. It's not what you know it's who you. When he first started, all those years ago on match of the day, I thought to myself, he is the worst I have ever seen in the roll he is in as what I suppose is the Anchor man. He had no personality and was more wooden than a Woodpecker pecking wood in a Timber Yard. 
I thought he won't last five minutes, they will offload him.
But clearly it's not what you know it's who you know.
Because all these years later he is still that plank of wood and just as boring.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

epsomraver

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 17, 2018, 08:24:53 PM
Most commentators and pundits simply talk too much and all too often state the bleedin' obvious.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 18, 2018, 10:15:20 AM
Lineker is another talentless one. It's not what you know it's who you. When he first started, all those years ago on match of the day, I thought to myself, he is the worst I have ever seen in the roll he is in as what I suppose is the Anchor man. He had no personality and was more wooden than a Woodpecker pecking wood in a Timber Yard. 
I thought he won't last five minutes, they will offload him.
But clearly it's not what you know it's who you know.
Because all these years later he is still that plank of wood and just as boring.
0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 17, 2018, 11:26:13 PM
Best comment by far was I think Mark Lawrenson when a player again went down as if he had been attacked by sharks and the comment was another 'dislocated shoe lace'.

But on the whole there are just too many pundits now. We don't need them or want them. Just have the commentator and a summariser  and that will do. I don't need a load of toss pots telling me what I already know.
0001.jpeg

nose returns

it's all about opinion and I loathe the ITV save for lee dixon and ane aluko, the rest especially hoddle are pants. Hoddle and in fairness dowie (who is worse) bring nothing to the party except to say exctly what we can see for ourselves. BBC is rther more grown up but a bit humourless at times.I always like danny murphy no matter what he says because he was a star for us!!!!

Milo

Hoddle for me is very insightful.

Interestingly presents a players perspective rather than a managers one.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Milo on June 18, 2018, 06:00:32 PM
Hoddle for me is very insightful.

Interestingly presents a players perspective rather than a managers one.
Goodness!  We must be seeing a different man. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

gang

It's the same in Germany, they all seem to like the sound of their own voices.

Milo

Admittedly not seen him this World Cup commentate - I'm going off the league games I've seen him cover.

Thoughts on derbys new manager?

Lampard seems reasonably to the point. Certainly not a complete air head like Ferdinand but still feel this Derby move is going to be a disaster

alfie

I quite like Martin Keown, very calm and contributes good comments
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't