https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Calling all Fulham Fans!!

Started by Fulham FC Research, June 14, 2018, 10:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham FC Research

Thanks everyone for completing the survey.  It is much appreciated.   :003:

General

I'm slightly bewildered in this day and age why people seem to obsess over everything being modern and all bells and whistles. There's no charm to stadiums like the Emirates or modern Wembley.

I love London for it's historical and iconic buildings and would love to see fulham grow and a stadium be built in keeping with its current location and heritage.

For me I like seeing the detail and feeling of historical buildings.. the old Wembley,  the old highbury, royal Albert Hall etc..

Just imagine if fulham evolved in a way which paid tribute to that.. it's so what makes the club so unique and appreciated by all fans nd pundits.

Would be amazing too if someone could in corporate the cottage tastefully into any potential improvements to the grounds capacity.

To do so iis a chachallenge but the mark of real intelligence.

southwest6

Quote from: General on June 16, 2018, 12:51:26 AM
I'm slightly bewildered in this day and age why people seem to obsess over everything being modern and all bells and whistles. There's no charm to stadiums like the Emirates or modern Wembley.

I love London for it's historical and iconic buildings and would love to see fulham grow and a stadium be built in keeping with its current location and heritage.

For me I like seeing the detail and feeling of historical buildings.. the old Wembley,  the old highbury, royal Albert Hall etc..

Just imagine if fulham evolved in a way which paid tribute to that.. it's so what makes the club so unique and appreciated by all fans nd pundits.

Would be amazing too if someone could in corporate the cottage tastefully into any potential improvements to the grounds capacity.

completely agree. Modern architecture tends to be aesthetically unappealing. Fans are attached to their stadiums the same way an englishman is spiritually attached to his nation. Craven Cottage is such an iconic stadium, and I for one hope i do not see the day where it's modernised into a soulless corporate piggy bank.

Herbie

Done. Good luck with the dissertation!

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

VicHalomsLovechild

Done, will it be possible for you to leave a link so we can read your dissertation after you've presented it?

sussexwhite

Fernhurst

Very good reply, completely agree 👍👍
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Holders

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 16, 2018, 04:22:07 PM

I rather liked the Mobowl design which incorporated the Stevenage Road frontage.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

DutchCottage

General

Quote from: Holders on June 16, 2018, 04:23:41 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 16, 2018, 04:22:07 PM

I rather liked the Mobowl design which incorporated the Stevenage Road frontage.

http://robinsnellandpartners.com/fulham-fc-stadium-2002/idea/

I agree in the essence re keeping the facade of the stevenage road stand, and I'd still like to keep the cottage in the corner of any potential full stadium development but I don't like the parachute styled design and roofing. It's tacky. I want to see more relevance to heritage in any design.

nose returns

like all such surveys many of the questions have implied answers.
i am never sure if those that generate them realise they are doing this or are just trying to support their own view.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: nose returns on June 17, 2018, 12:22:12 AM
like all such surveys many of the questions have implied answers.
i am never sure if those that generate them realise they are doing this or are just trying to support their own view.

Probably a bit of both Nose. I guess if you leave it too open ended you'll get such a variety of answers that drawing any type of conclusion would be difficult.

Woolly Mammoth

I have received the results of my survey answers and got 82% which apparently is a pass.
I am to understand that 69% is the minimum pass mark. 
So you can afford to get 31 questions wrong.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

terryr

mrmicawbers