watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Calling all Fulham Fans!!

Started by Fulham FC Research, June 14, 2018, 10:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham FC Research

Calling all Fulham Fans!  I'm a university student doing a dissertation with a case study on Craven Cottage.  I would be grateful if any fans could spare 5 minutes to complete my short questionnaire.  Thanks in advance!

https://goo.gl/forms/nHnSK4Wr5GFtv6Sy2

Sgt Fulham

Good luck with the project. Great topic to do a dissertation on in my books.

Fernhurst

All done, interesting set of questions..... hope you do well at end of project.

Good luck 👍
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

WokingFFC

Quote from: Fulham FC Research on June 14, 2018, 10:43:32 PM
Calling all Fulham Fans!  I'm a university student doing a dissertation with a case study on Craven Cottage.  I would be grateful if any fans could spare 5 minutes to complete my short questionnaire.  Thanks in advance!

Completed - Good Luck!

Milo

I completed it too  :003:

I had to do research for my dissertation so feel your pain.

Interesting what constitutes a dissertation topic these days though. I sat next to a sports science student at my university in the library once who was doing a dissertation on "why England always lose on penalties?".  :022:

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I completed it and achieved an A + Level, getting every answer correct.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SWSixer

Done.
Interesting Q's!

The question on Craven Cottage being demolished had me tearing up a bit.   :012:

Barrett487

Quote from: Fulham FC Research on June 14, 2018, 10:43:32 PM

Are you also a Fulham fan?

Barrett487

Done....

Interesting questions indeed. Are you sure you're not working for Mr Khan?

tommy

hovewhite

Holders

Some interesting questions but several others that could usefully have been included to get a fuller picture.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Stevieboy

My thoughts also, maybe a surreptitious method of gauging fans reaction to relocating.....to Wembley!!

Southcoastffc

Done.  Good luck with the degree.   As an aside, I nearly aborted completing it because I really dislike questions which ask for a yes/no answer and then are supplemented by "Why?"   If a survey requires comment, why ask the superfluous yes/no question? 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Milo

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 15, 2018, 01:09:02 PM
Done.  Good luck with the degree.   As an aside, I nearly aborted completing it because I really dislike questions which ask for a yes/no answer and then are supplemented by "Why?"   If a survey requires comment, why ask the superfluous yes/no question? 

Because you can't tabulate and run statistics as robustly with qualitative data (written words) as you can with quantitative ie fixed response options.

For written responses you have to "code" and "theme" the responses (group them under common headings) before you have data that you can tabulate and start to run statistical tests on. However you're making assumpions each time that you've interpreted the person's response correctly which reduces the robustness of the data you collect.

If there were two studies (ie she was planning on continuing into PHD etc) then she could utilise purely word based free text responses and then use the results to construct a different questionnaire with limited responses. However as she probably doesn't have the opportunity to follow the project up she has to merge the two styles to find a balance.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Stevieboy on June 15, 2018, 01:06:05 PM
My thoughts also, maybe a surreptitious method of gauging fans reaction to relocating.....to Wembley!!
Yes, I also thought that.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Milo on June 15, 2018, 02:06:53 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 15, 2018, 01:09:02 PM

Because you can't tabulate and run statistics as robustly with qualitative data (written words) as you can with quantitative ie fixed response options.

For written responses you have to "code" and "theme" the responses (group them under common headings) before you have data that you can tabulate and start to run statistical tests on. However you're making assumpions each time that you've interpreted the person's response correctly which reduces the robustness of the data you collect.

If there were two studies (ie she was planning on continuing into PHD etc) then she could utilise purely word based free text responses and then use the results to construct a different questionnaire with limited responses. However as she probably doesn't have the opportunity to follow the project up she has to merge the two styles to find a balance.
Thanks for that. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

General