watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loyalty Points System

Started by MJG, June 15, 2018, 08:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

The FST is looking for feedback on the clubs Loyalty Points system for tickets.
If you have ideas on how it could be improved or a different type of scheme.
Could I ask for constructive comments and not just 'it's rubbish' as that does not help in anyway. The real help comes from putting forward ideas and alternatives.
Thanks

Mike
Just the views of a long term fan

snarks

In all honesty, I am not sure how it works, I seem to have had around 200-300 points for the last 3 seasons. Only attended a few away games during that period. I am not sure if points are weighted for midweek games and further distances for away games (I.e. Newcastle as opposed to Chelsea) but if not then they should be.

Barry White

I don't have a problem with it personally, think it works pretty well. I attend all the home games and maybe half to 70% away games. Never had problems getting a ticket.

The only times it does cause issues is if the club give out more per season ticket than they should, i.e. 2 for a small allocation but again recently they seem to be getting this part right as well.

hovewhite

I think it works pretty well and never have a problem getting away tickets.

Wolf

I think points should expire after a certain amount of seasons, I'll arbitrarily put that at 7 seasons.

As it is how can younger fans and newer fans access tickets in the same way as older fans? Its exclusive and perhaps discriminatory to count points ad infinitum.

I don't know when the loyalty points system was brought in, but its always been arbitrary as it doesn't count match attendance beyond the date of its introduction.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Twig

Hi Mike, would it be possible to post a summary of how the current system works (for those of us who are less than clear?).

LRCN

decrease home points and up away points, weight away games on some cost/distance factor.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Wolf on June 15, 2018, 09:56:12 AM
I think points should expire after a certain amount of seasons, I'll arbitrarily put that at 7 seasons.

As it is how can younger fans and newer fans access tickets in the same way as older fans? Its exclusive and perhaps discriminatory to count points ad infinitum.

I don't know when the loyalty points system was brought in, but its always been arbitrary as it doesn't count match attendance beyond the date of its introduction.

I'm sure in the small print somewhere it did mention that they expire.  Not sure of the period for this though and if it is actually happening in practice.
¡COYW!

MJG

The points are given for purchases of tickets per game home or away.
A season ticket gives you 50 points againt your name. Buying three St's does not give you 150 points.
Each game.. Home or away is allocated points by the club... Although the scoring system is something like the quiz show QI... No one really knows the criteria for the points.
There seems to be no rolling cutoff date although once did say it was three years, but don't think that's in operation.
Myself for example after having a ST for quite a while now and been to many games have just shy of 900 points. Others I know have close to 1200.
Just the views of a long term fan

Southdowns White

Having had nearly always had season ticket since being a teenager (I am now 52)  I now share 2 season tickets with my brother and brother in law meaning we get to see the majority of the games throughout the season but not all. We all have children and they have many weekend commitments and I live down in Sussex. I got to the stage  when the children were young I could not commit to a season ticket for myself for a few years up until 2009 and then we decided it would be easier to get just 2 and share them among the 3 of us. We can usually get extra tickets and away tickets if we want them. When we bought the tickets again the only problem was getting them near to other friends but over the course of a few seasons we achieved it. We usually buy all the extra tickets on one season ticket so one has many more points than the other this is the only problem we have the points. We would also like to buy one or two childrens seasons tickets but cannot get them near enough to our current seats which is a problem and stopping Fulham fc getting 2 more season ticket holders in the ground. Does the club keep a long term record of who has previously had a season ticket or who has attended games in the past?

FFChris

When we were in the Championship if I could attend an away game it normally meant buying a ticket on the gate.  It would have been nice to know if you could get these points added on production of the ticket.  Like others on here I have approximately 350 points but have no idea how they are calculated!

flyingfish

Quote from: Southdowns White on June 15, 2018, 10:53:27 AM
Having had nearly always had season ticket since being a teenager (I am now 52)  I now share 2 season tickets with my brother and brother in law meaning we get to see the majority of the games throughout the season but not all. We all have children and they have many weekend commitments and I live down in Sussex. I got to the stage  when the children were young I could not commit to a season ticket for myself for a few years up until 2009 and then we decided it would be easier to get just 2 and share them among the 3 of us. We can usually get extra tickets and away tickets if we want them. When we bought the tickets again the only problem was getting them near to other friends but over the course of a few seasons we achieved it. We usually buy all the extra tickets on one season ticket so one has many more points than the other this is the only problem we have the points. We would also like to buy one or two childrens seasons tickets but cannot get them near enough to our current seats which is a problem and stopping Fulham fc getting 2 more season ticket holders in the ground. Does the club keep a long term record of who has previously had a season ticket or who has attended games in the past?

On the point about adding children's season tickets - I will want to do the same for my youngest and add one in. I really hope that it is not going to be problematic getting three together - I assume that I would just be able to deal with it in the appropriate seat move window and to be flexible about where we sit  - have you tried that?

On topic - I think the loyalty points system works well, though a rolling cut off seems like a good idea.

Pieter A’dam

Does anybody know how many points I need if want away tickets for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool ? I guess it depends on the allocation, but what would be the ballpark number ?

Riversider

Quote from: Pieter A'dam on June 15, 2018, 11:14:05 AM
Does anybody know how many points I need if want away tickets for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool ? I guess it depends on the allocation, but what would be the ballpark number ?

We didn't sell out Chelsea away last time we met in The Premier League so I wouldn't worry too much.

Carborundum

Not really interested in going to away games.....so it seems wrong for me to pitch in....except to note that when we had a really big game at Wembley, they seemed not to be on the critical path to making sure we got 39,000 supporters who by and large should have been there.  Turned out alright overall I guess.

It's influencing the season ticket pricing arrangements in a Riverside standless 2019/20 season that I'm more interested in.  The window for that influence closes next spring.

Westlondonffc

I think it works well, and needs to be used for quite a few games. Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Palace and Bournemouth definitley, maybe at Brighton, Man United and Watford (although when we last played there when we lost 1-0 our turnout was appalling

MikeTheCubed

Haven't really got any problems with the existing system. I was disappointed with not being able to select seats anywhere near where I wanted for Wembley having joined the queue as soon as it opened at 10:00am (sleuthing within developer tools indicated that I was 1,500th in the queue!), which perhaps could have been mitigated had those with higher Loyalty Points been given first dibs, but I appreciate the club had a lot higher number of tickets to shift than it is used to and only a limited time in which to do it.

I think a fairer system would be to split the count of Loyalty Points in two, one being Home Loyalty Points and the other being Away Loyalty Points. Then when a high demand game comes along the requirement for priority could be X Away Loyalty Points OR Y Home Loyalty Points. The idea being that it's fairer for those who travel to more away games to receive greater priority for away tickets than those who only go to home games.

Fulham Gentleman

I like the reward system in general.  However as pointed out above, the point scores for each match seem random, and you get the same amount of points no matter how many tickets you order.  For example, I live in Preston and have bought tickets for the matches at Deepdale for the three years we have been in the same division.  Granted these matches have been at different times of the season, but for each year I have been a different amount of points.  I received more points for 2 tickets in the 2016-17 season than I got for 6 tickets in the 2015-16 season (midweek match) or 4 tickets in the 2017-18 season.

hongkongfulham

would prefer more transparency as to how it works in full

Southdowns White

Quote from: Riversider on June 15, 2018, 11:20:35 AM
Quote from: Pieter A'dam on June 15, 2018, 11:14:05 AM

We didn't sell out Chelsea away last time we met in The Premier League so I wouldn't worry too much.
From what I recall the tickets were £55.00 + booking, I refuse to pay that much. Now at £30.00, I will try and get tickets this year. Some of the Northern clubs prices were very fair for away supporters last time we were there I'm sure some were £20.00 and £22.00.