watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loyalty Points System

Started by MJG, June 15, 2018, 08:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bramble

I would like to see them use loyalty points for prioritising season ticket sales - I don't think they are, so anyone with a booking history may get ahead of a 'real' fan.

KJS

If it ain't broke don't try and fix it

Arthur

Quote from: KJS on June 15, 2018, 03:30:50 PM

Indeed.

I am among those who feel that the current system works well as it is.

MJG

Quote from: Arthur on June 15, 2018, 04:39:05 PM
Quote from: KJS on June 15, 2018, 03:30:50 PM

Indeed.

I am among those who feel that the current system works well as it is.
Personally I agree, but I do think a couple of improvements could be made. Clearer understanding of points for games and a rolling time limit.
Just the views of a long term fan

Fulhamfan666

I only have 71 points atm, what are the chances of me getting a ticket for (all) the London games away?

RaySmith

B
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on June 15, 2018, 06:11:04 PM
I only have 71 points atm, what are the chances of me getting a ticket for (all) the London games away?

Best to buy a Membership now we're back in the Prem.

I had one last time, but generally didn't need it in the Championship, but am hoping to get one again this year - but they aren't available at the moment.

I put my name down on the 'waiting list', as  shown on the  Fulham website, several weeks ago, but haven't heard anything yet.

Presumably there isn't a limit to the number of memberships available? Or is there?

Fulhamfan666

Yeah I had one for the season that's just passed. poo I can't remember if I'm on the waiting list or not....

RaySmith

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on June 15, 2018, 06:50:49 PM
Yeah I had one for the season that's just passed. poo I can't remember if I'm on the waiting list or not....

If you had one last season, won't you just be able to renew it?

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: RaySmith on June 15, 2018, 07:28:50 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on June 15, 2018, 06:50:49 PM

If you had one last season, won't you just be able to renew it?

I have no idea

EastEndWhite

I would be happy for the points to be calculated over a say 5 year rolling period.  The challenge for the Club might be how to reset everyone's points.  On a slightly different point what I don't understand is how members are able to purchase tickets at the same time as season ticket holders?

RaySmith

ST holders usually have priority, and first choice don't they?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: RaySmith on June 15, 2018, 09:20:19 PM
ST holders usually have priority, and first choice don't they?

For some games I think but for the majority of away games last season they seemed to be available to both ST and members at the same time.  Maybe it was because for the majority of games we were not going to sell out.

Tonywa

As I no longer go to many away games, having done so for many years when we were in the lower divisions, I don't expect to necessarily come near the top of the pile when tickets come up for some away games, but i think some attention should be paid to one's length of support.  For instance I have had a season ticket since the 1979/80 (and attended my first game in 1962) season and it did rankle a couple of years ago when I was told I didn't have enough 'loyalty' points to buy a ticket for our game at Brentford. Having said that, I am not sure of the logistics of what I'm suggesting.

bobbo

It suits me as it is but along with many others I don't understand exactly how it works . I often buy a ticket for a pal and not sure what amount of points are awarded . Mike do you know more clearly how they are awarded?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Stevieboy

I've no problem at moment...you go to games you get points simples!!
Personally I would like distance travelled to be a consideration as there are three of us who have a 200 mile plus round trip for every home game......and I don't doubt some will have more miles to cover.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Tonywa on June 15, 2018, 10:35:00 PM
As I no longer go to many away games, having done so for many years when we were in the lower divisions, I don't expect to necessarily come near the top of the pile when tickets come up for some away games, but i think some attention should be paid to one's length of support.  For instance I have had a season ticket since the 1979/80 (and attended my first game in 1962) season and it did rankle a couple of years ago when I was told I didn't have enough 'loyalty' points to buy a ticket for our game at Brentford. Having said that, I am not sure of the logistics of what I'm suggesting.

I absolutely see your point, but a 20 year old who has seen Fulham at every game, home and away, since they were 15 would argue that they deserve the tickets for Brentford (or Bournemouth, as it may be this year) more than you. It's a tough call and I would like to know the Club's system. My preference would be that they have a rolling points total that considers games from around 5-6 years. I think a youngster who busts a gut to get to every match for 4-5 years deserves it more than a season ticket holder of 20 years who maybe only makes half a dozen away games a season. But others may feel different. I don't think it's a pressing problem at the moment; whatever system the Club uses seems to be accepted by the majority as fair.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 17, 2018, 12:24:33 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on June 15, 2018, 10:35:00 PM

I absolutely see your point, but a 20 year old who has seen Fulham at every game, home and away, since they were 15 would argue that they deserve the tickets for Brentford (or Bournemouth, as it may be this year) more than you. It's a tough call and I would like to know the Club's system. My preference would be that they have a rolling points total that considers games from around 5-6 years. I think a youngster who busts a gut to get to every match for 4-5 years deserves it more than a season ticket holder of 20 years who maybe only makes half a dozen away games a season. But others may feel different. I don't think it's a pressing problem at the moment; whatever system the Club uses seems to be accepted by the majority as fair.

Perhaps a solution to the rolling booking history would be to "weight" the points each season.
Every season is valid but say the past 5 years get a weighting of 1 , from 2013 backwards is 0.5 thus to implore everyone from olden eras to keep going to games and not rest on their booking history of ages ago when so many are busting a gut to go now week in week out.

But should there not be a standard points per game instead of different points ?  Offering same points in same games would increase likelihood of everyone going to every game, commitments depending etc

It's a suggestion to a system which doesn't necesssarily feel broken at the moment, mainly because the lack of sellouts but it's better obviously to optimistically pre-empt the situation than to deal with complaints if and when it does happen

elgreenio

I dont particularly think there's anything wrong with the system.

Whilst it would be nice to understand how they work out the points for a given game (especially with the capped away prices now and what that could do for our away attendances), I do wonder if knowing the system would allow people to manipulate their games in such a way to maximise points
touch my camera through the fence

Whitesideup

Quote from: Fulham Gentleman on June 15, 2018, 11:55:05 AM
I like the reward system in general.  However as pointed out above, the point scores for each match seem random, and you get the same amount of points no matter how many tickets you order.  For example, I live in Preston and have bought tickets for the matches at Deepdale for the three years we have been in the same division.  Granted these matches have been at different times of the season, but for each year I have been a different amount of points.  I received more points for 2 tickets in the 2016-17 season than I got for 6 tickets in the 2015-16 season (midweek match) or 4 tickets in the 2017-18 season.
Just a guess, but the club possibly allocates loyalty points depending on how popular they think the game will be. The more popular the game, the fewer loyalty points it would accrue, and that could be influenced by timing and location. Preston away on a Tuesday night in November might, for example, be less attractive than Bournemouth on a bank holiday weekend so reward those going to Preston with more loyalty points? Of course that becomes a bit subjective and may also depend on how well we are doing in the league, so could vary quite a lot.

Tonywa

In that case I deserve about 10,000 points for Lincoln away during a snowstorm on Boxing Day 1994. Lol! the worst Fulham performance I have ever seen as Simon Morgan and Micky Adams would agree. ;-)