https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loyalty Points System

Started by MJG, June 15, 2018, 08:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 17, 2018, 12:24:33 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on June 15, 2018, 10:35:00 PM
As I no longer go to many away games, having done so for many years when we were in the lower divisions, I don't expect to necessarily come near the top of the pile when tickets come up for some away games, but i think some attention should be paid to one's length of support.  For instance I have had a season ticket since the 1979/80 (and attended my first game in 1962) season and it did rankle a couple of years ago when I was told I didn't have enough 'loyalty' points to buy a ticket for our game at Brentford. Having said that, I am not sure of the logistics of what I'm suggesting.

I absolutely see your point, but a 20 year old who has seen Fulham at every game, home and away, since they were 15 would argue that they deserve the tickets for Brentford (or Bournemouth, as it may be this year) more than you. It's a tough call and I would like to know the Club's system. My preference would be that they have a rolling points total that considers games from around 5-6 years. I think a youngster who busts a gut to get to every match for 4-5 years deserves it more than a season ticket holder of 20 years who maybe only makes half a dozen away games a season. But others may feel different. I don't think it's a pressing problem at the moment; whatever system the Club uses seems to be accepted by the majority as fair.

No I really can't argue with you and would not wish to deprive someone who currently travels away every game throughout the season of a ticket. 

Burt

Thanks Mike for asking for feedback.

Any scheme needs to be transparent so for me it's all about having simple rules, clearly communicated, that state:
1. What the purpose of the scheme is
2. How points are accrued
3. How points can be taken
4. When they expire

MJG

All good feedback and thanks to everyone. If there is ine message that comes through it's transparency on how it works. So while putting everything together and discussing it when needed with club, that's one area I'll ask the trust to push for.
Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

Steven Ageroad

Do other Premier League clubs run a points system? If so, is it run differently from FFC?