watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Krul

Started by paulbrookersmazydribbles, June 17, 2018, 01:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Sunday papers suggesting that we're in talks to sign Tim Krul from Brighton on a free transfer. Always surprised me that he faded away so abruptly at Newcastle and then didn't really get a look in at Brighton.

He would be strong competition for Bettinelli at the very least. The same report says that Brighton are in talks with Fulham over David Button joining them, which I think was rumoured a few weeks ago.

Thoughts?

aaronmcguigan

Seen the Button rumours on Sky Sports for around 4.5m. Who knows what they're smoking to come up with that valuation!

Krul was out for a season with an ACL injury which has obviously affected him. In that time, Newcastle were injured and changed their manager. Newcastle ended up with Darlow, Elliot as well as bringing in Selz.

He left for Ajax who already had a number 1 in Onana so later joined AZ.
By the start of last season he joined Brighton late on in transfer window, although they had already spent big bucks on Matt Ryan. 

He seems to have settled for a number 2 role instead of going out and challenging for number 1 role at a vacant spot or a lower league.
Would prefer a current number 1 to come in to the club and fight betts rather than someone to provide backup. He's already been at a newly promoted club and shown he is a distant backup having not played a minute in the league this season

Fernhurst

Good keeper some time ago but not exactly a EVDS signing we were hoping for.
Bettinelli definitely needs some competition. A drop in form and we could really be struggling.

I sometimes wonder if they have a list of positions they must strengthen and those they think they can get away with this season.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

wheelerdeeler

It depends on how much money we want to spend on a Keeper. There's a lot of Keepers with Prem experience we could potentially go for. Fabianski (although it looks like he's going to West Ham), Ben Foster, Fraser Forster, Mignolet, Joe Hart, Tom Heaton (and there's probably more) but they'd all cost a transfer fee and not be cheap in-terms of wages.

Then looking abroad if we wanted to spend big for a guaranteed #1 we could try for Lovre Kalinic (Gent) or Jiri Pavlenka (Bremen) but they'd both be north of 15 mill.

Woolly Mammoth

We only need a Goalkeeper when the ball reaches our goal area, which isn't very often. So we could probably stick a Zookeeper in the net, and would probably get away with it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Good research,,,,, Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Anyone else suffer from insomnia?
Lonely old business
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 17, 2018, 03:32:21 AM

Lonely old business

I am still at work, and whilst you have been sleeping all night, or whilst you may suffer from insomnia all night, and I do sympathies with the plight of insomniacs.
I amongst others have been hard at work most of the night keeping parts of this country safe from predators and Hillary Clinton.
Whilst the rest of the nation are snoring 💤  their heads off.

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

So we continue our flirtation with Dutch international keepers.
Score is currently 1-1 on that one.

Minor coincidence dept: last time Krul turned out against us, we had Stockdale (who went to Brighton) in goal and Stekelenberg on the bench....And, to round of with a WC theme, our winning goal was scored by Djagah.

Syd Cupp

Krul not a bad Keeper and would bring premiership experience to the squad.
Would have Betts as first choice giving him the chance to prove himself.
And having Krul as a back up would not be a bad option.

bog

He was good keeper, at Brighton he didn't seem to get a change to prove that he still is.

092.gif

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 17, 2018, 03:31:35 AM
We only need a Goalkeeper when the ball reaches our goal area, which isn't very often. So we could probably stick a Zookeeper in the net, and would probably get away with it.

Now if we get the elephant keeper and he brings him with him in the nets now we are talking

LRCN

not a prem keeper, but him + £4m for button would be great business. would stil llove us to sign vorm tho

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: LRCN on June 17, 2018, 03:53:48 PM
not a prem keeper, but him + £4m for button would be great business. would stil llove us to sign vorm tho

Vorm extended his deal with Spurs.

filham

Are we aware that we are playing in the Premiership next season and will need Premiership quality players.

ffc73

Premier experienced keeper, him + £4m or player exchange of Norwood for Button would be ok business.

Woolly Mammoth

We must remember we are in the Premier League next season, and we will need good quality Premier League players, nothing less.

Never forget your Roots.

Tonywa

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 17, 2018, 03:32:21 AM

Lonely old business

Awful insomnia since a child and it gets worse as I get older.  Not fun.

The Enclosurite

£4m +Krul for Button. Yeah, I could handle that.  064.gif
¡COYW!

aaronmcguigan

Can anyone help explain (other than paper talk nonsense) where a 4m valuation for our reserve keeper has come from?  Yes he's played 60 games in 2 years, but hes only got one year left on his contract, has been dropped in favour of a not perfect Betts, and I'm assuming that the 4m figure is just money burning holes in Brightons pockets?

That money could certainly be put towards taking Norwood off them too to at least add squad depth before spending our own money on some quality star names

Milo

£3m + Button for Krul and Norwood seems fair