watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Krul

Started by paulbrookersmazydribbles, June 17, 2018, 01:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

I know swapping something you have for 4 million pounds and getting something in return that does a similar job for free seems a lot of sense but there must be a reason why something is free in the first place..

Plus we should be aiming higher than krul if we can.

Riversider

Quote from: General on June 18, 2018, 01:13:07 AM
I know swapping something you have for 4 million pounds and getting something in return that does a similar job for free seems a lot of sense but there must be a reason why something is free in the first place..

Plus we should be aiming higher than krul if we can.

Dont understand your logic, West  Ham got Ryan Fredericks for free, are you knocking him ?

OMalleyCat

Krul would be decent, creates some competition for the number one with Betts.
Slightly worried about his game time in recent years though.

Fernhurst

Yes, not exactly the aspirational signing we were looking for, however, we do need to ship in a lot signings, so to fit our sustainability model I suppose there must be some chaff amongst wheat.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

New Kid on the Block

Tim Krul was a quality keeper when he played for Newcastle; one of the best in the Prem, in my opinion. I'd like to see him at the Cottage. He may not have had much game time in the last two seasons, but I am confident that he would regain his quality if he played regularly again.

Great deal for us, as a free, and nothing to lose. If we could get Norwood as well, in exchange for Button, well, that would be some business by the club.

Deeping_white

Personally I think getting £4m for Button and getting Krul for free is cracking business, especially when both would arguably be the number 2 keeper. Factor in that Krul also has international and prem experience then it looks even better. If anyone can improve him and get him back to his old levels then it's our goalkeeping coach, look at how much he improved Betts.

Pieter A’dam

Krul is good goalie but inconsistent. I follow Ajax very closely and when they signed him he didnt make into first 11, reason is mainly is that he is very injury prone. We should not expect him to be our no.1 GK, since clean sheets will be very important if we want to stay up. A good guy to keep on the bench in case we need him ......

Grumpy Worthing White

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 18, 2018, 08:46:05 AM
Personally I think getting £4m for Button and getting Krul for free is cracking business, especially when both would arguably be the number 2 keeper. Factor in that Krul also has international and prem experience then it looks even better. If anyone can improve him and get him back to his old levels then it's our goalkeeping coach, look at how much he improved Betts.
When I first saw Tim Krul was available on a free (some time ago) I thought why not?, an experienced keeper at Prem and International level would be a good addition to the squad.

toshes mate

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 17, 2018, 01:55:03 AM
I sometimes wonder if they have a list of positions they must strengthen and those they think they can get away with this season.
I suspect the list of where there are needs to strengthen reads much the same as when Jokanovic first arrived.  Our coaching staff have worked wonders with what they have and have been given but this window really needs to be something very special from the recruitment team for no other reason than to let the coaches achieve their true potential at the highest level.  If Krul and Norwood can be purchased at realistic values then let us see where it takes us.

Holders

Quote from: Tonywa on June 17, 2018, 06:28:12 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 17, 2018, 03:32:21 AM
Good research,,,,, Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Anyone else suffer from insomnia?
Lonely old business

Awful insomnia since a child and it gets worse as I get older.  Not fun.

Amore vincit insomnia
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JOND999

No thank you on Tim Krul.  seriously.  i remember his howler against us when he was with 'Toon in 2014.  seems like an odd bird, too, don't think the chemistry would mix well.  Betts got us here.  he's a shot-stopper.  build the defence in front of him with another quality CB and we'll be fine.

Stevieboy

With regard to Freddo going for free, the West Ham fans don't seem that impressed citing he can't defend......if WH cannot play to his strengths they will be caught out at the back time and time again.
That is assuming he is going to be first choice!!

bencher

I have rated Tim Krul in the past, but I worry that this would be something of a Gabor Kiraly type signing, and he turned out to be pretty much useless for us.

New Kid on the Block

It's a low risk punt, at zero cost, apart from wages, obviously. BTW, I'm not suggesting that he replace Betts, but that he would be a great keeper to have on the bench, and keep Betts on his toes.

Wolf

Rotherham are really keen to have Rodak on loan for a second season. Now they're in the Championship it'll be great experience for him.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

hovewhite

Rodak think in years to come will be our no1 keeper so a year at rotheram will help all 3 parties.