more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro to make debut at World Cup finals

Started by Fernhurst, June 17, 2018, 05:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Today @ 13.00

Pleeeeeeeeease Mitro don't score fall over the ball a few times before losing it completely and right uppercutting the Centre Half.
We will let you know the rest of the plan when you are back from your ban.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

PartizanFC

gezkc

I just hope he doesn't get injured!  :010:

SuffolkWhite

I want him to do well, but I don't want him to do well....... If you know what I mean.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bog

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 17, 2018, 08:17:29 AM
I want him to do well, but I don't want him to do well....... If you know what I mean.

+1

092.gif

Fernhurst

If we are to have the remotest chance of signing him we need him to have a disastrous World Cup.

He can have a tilt at top goal scorer at The next World Cup after we have got him home and he's signed up for the next 5 years!!
Lick my lips thinking of him linking with Sess over the next couple of seasons
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SuffolkWhite

Yep would be good if he does not get injured but plays average. Hope he gets his world cup goal or two but has a few temper tantrums and a few yellows just to underline that it is Joka who knows how he ticks and can curtail that part of his game. Should keep the vultures from circling hopefully.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

BlackWhiteArmy

Serbia is a random team for almost 20 years now, chances of winning all 3 games including beating brazil and losing all 3 games with goal difference 2:14 are about 50:50. Firing an experienced coach (who is a piece of poo tbf) who led the team to world cup after the deed and hiring a coach who literally never coached anyone before, not even kids is just one of the reason of why this team is so random - so, who knows. Zivkovic is injured today so less fast distribution to Mitro, but there's still Tadic, Kostic, Milinkovic-Savic who all have a good last pass, even Matic and Milivojevic can send a deep ball and all of them are gonna be aiming for Mitro so even if Serbia have crap WC Mitro as the only attacking option might have a good tournament?

The Old Count

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 17, 2018, 08:27:42 AM
If we are to have the remotest chance of signing him we need him to have a disastrous World Cup.

He can have a tilt at top goal scorer at The next World Cup after we have got him home and he's signed up for the next 5 years!!

I would have thought that to have the remotest chance of signing him we need to provide him with the proposition that we are an ambitious London club that has just been very succesful with him as part of the team. Where he has just had one of his best (half) seasons. With a coach that he knows and trusts. A club that is not just content with survival but wants to build something special. Just because other clubs might be circling if he has a good World Cup doesn't mean he wouldn't sign for us.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: The Old Count on June 17, 2018, 09:22:37 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 17, 2018, 08:27:42 AM

I would have thought that to have the remotest chance of signing him we need to provide him with the proposition that we are an ambitious London club that has just been very succesful with him as part of the team. Where he has just had one of his best (half) seasons. With a coach that he knows and trusts. A club that is not just content with survival but wants to build something special. Just because other clubs might be circling if he has a good World Cup doesn't mean he wouldn't sign for us.

Yea agree, but if he does well we could be out priced by Newcastle for the transfer fee.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Milo

No discussions today. He must have an absolutely awful game!

Sorry Mitro but we can't have any other clubs taking a shine to you..

alfie

This is all great but, do you not think that every other club just might have noticed what he done last season.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JoelH5

It's a great shame that we didn't get the deal done earlier. I don't get why we didn't have a offer in place, ready to be made as soon as we were promoted.

It would have been a lot more fun today being able to cheer him on but now, like said above, we have to hope he underperforms. Terrible really
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Old Count

Quote from: alfie on June 17, 2018, 10:06:04 AM
This is all great but, do you not think that every other club just might have noticed what he done last season.

Exactly! 

Which is why Newcastle stuck the 20 mil tag on him.  If they bump the price further on the back of two or three games for his country no one will bite.

Milo

Interesting Lawrenson analysis on BBC re: Serbia game.

Says Mitro not proven at Prem despite Bolivia goals so don't get too excited.

ron

Quote from:
link=topic=66163.msg969773#msg969773 date=1529226364

....but as every journeyman who aspires to being better from non league and lower divisions knows, it is cup competitions that really put them in the shop window. The principle holds good for top quality players in the world's ultimate cup comp.

Tabby

Quote from: Milo on June 17, 2018, 10:55:41 AM
Interesting Lawrenson analysis on BBC re: Serbia game.

Says Mitro not proven at Prem despite Bolivia goals so don't get too excited.

I like the implication that the only way to do well in internationals is to be Prem proven. Meanwhile, we have the England (all Premier league proven) team's accolades the last 50 years  094.gif

toshes mate

If we get Mitro we get him; if we do not, we do not.  His showing at the world cup will be about more than just scoring goals and impressing potential suitors - he has pretty much done the latter many times already (that's how Newcastle got him).

cmg

Quote from: The Old Count on June 17, 2018, 10:53:24 AM
Quote from: alfie on June 17, 2018, 10:06:04 AM

Exactly! 

Which is why Newcastle stuck the 20 mil tag on him.  If they bump the price further on the back of two or three games for his country no one will bite.

Absolutely right.  0001.jpeg

The idea that we are the only ones who have an idea of his capabilities (and potential) is ludicrous.

Twig

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 17, 2018, 10:20:04 AM
It's a great shame that we didn't get the deal done earlier. I don't get why we didn't have a offer in place, ready to be made as soon as we were promoted.

It would have been a lot more fun today being able to cheer him on but now, like said above, we have to hope he underperforms. Terrible really

Because Newcastle would no way open transfer talks before the WC.  Nothing FFC could do to speed matters up.