watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR World Cup Commentators

Started by Syd Cupp, June 17, 2018, 02:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd Cupp

After watching a few games now pundits aside as I tend to switch off for them after game nor watch pre match or half time.

Is any one else of the mindset that the BBC is poor..?

To me Glenn Hoddle is one of the best and probably more knowledgeable of the whole bunch.
Kevin Kilbane was pretty good yesterday too.

Had to turn the volume off with Mark Lawrenson as so negative he was killing the game.

thoughts ...?

Buffalo76

I have 2 admit I quite like Mark Lawrenson and his dry humour. No doubt someone will come back with the question 'What humour?' !!

Woolly Mammoth

Glen Hoddle out of all the pundits is technically the best in my opinion, there are others that are decent, but there are a couple I would rather turn off the volume.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Phil Neville is having a shocker today.  Ball whistles past post and he describes it as over the bar.  His half time remarks began with "For me, Mexico won the first half".  Yes Phil, for everyone else too, as they are 1-0 up.

Jims Dentist

Glen Hoddle is the best for me.
Not keen on either Neville of Roy Keane.

Buffalo76

Keane's a right misery. Always has to find fault with something.

Southcoastffc

Most commentators and pundits simply talk too much and all too often state the bleedin' obvious.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

MikeW

Astonishing really why all these people are out there.  They could do the job sat in London with modern technology.

The worst is Five Live.  Its 'news' team are just desperate to get involved in a sporting event and send reports around sounding like they are experts.  That Rachel Burden on a bike morning was a hoot.  Just so bad.  And we pay.

And why the love affair with Savage? Arguably the most disliked player the Prem has ever seen, they continue to use him as an expert.  He simply is not, very, bright. And looks like he belongs in a circus.

Watch with the sound off.  Or in my case, don't watch at all.

PS: Ruiz was pretty anonymous today.  Mitro missed a sitter.  Roll on the new season, can't wait.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Andy S

I never listen to any pundit as they all have different opinions to me. Not that they are wrong but neither am i

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Buffalo76 on June 17, 2018, 07:14:01 PM
Keane's a right misery. Always has to find fault with something.

Cannot stand the surly Keane, charmless, no social skills, and that's just his good side.
Makes Stan Collymore look almost human.
He must know somebody in a high place. No wonder Brian Clough punched him in training once whilst at Forest.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on June 17, 2018, 09:06:58 PM
Astonishing really why all these people are out there.  They could do the job sat in London with modern technology.

The worst is Five Live.  Its 'news' team are just desperate to get involved in a sporting event and send reports around sounding like they are experts.  That Rachel Burden on a bike morning was a hoot.  Just so bad.  And we pay.

And why the love affair with Savage? Arguably the most disliked player the Prem has ever seen, they continue to use him as an expert.  He simply is not, very, bright. And looks like he belongs in a circus.

Watch with the sound off.  Or in my case, don't watch at all.

PS: Ruiz was pretty anonymous today.  Mitro missed a sitter.  Roll on the new season, can't wait.

The squeaky voiced Savage is a nightmare, not only did players and fans dislike him, the referees and linos disliked him even more.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Best comment by far was I think Mark Lawrenson when a player again went down as if he had been attacked by sharks and the comment was another 'dislocated shoe lace'.

But on the whole there are just too many pundits now. We don't need them or want them. Just have the commentator and a summariser  and that will do. I don't need a load of toss pots telling me what I already know.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

elgreenio

thought Ally McCoist was rather good.

Hope it's not Hoddle for our game later, cant stand him doing England games when much of his time managing the side was a shambles
touch my camera through the fence

love4ffc

Saw Hangeland the last couple of days on the tele while I was in Norway.   Couldn't tell you what he was saying but he looked good. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Southcoastffc

I did like Bilic's comment re the outcome of Brazil.and Switzerland:  "Why should I care?'
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Grumpy Worthing White

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 18, 2018, 08:29:17 AM
I did like Bilic's comment re the outcome of Brazil.and Switzerland:  "Why should I care?'
Must admit his comment did make the Grumpy Household crease up with laughter  064.gif

Slaphead in Qatar

Roy Keane looks Orange. Or is it just my tv.

bog

Quote from: Buffalo76 on June 17, 2018, 04:09:49 PM
I have 2 admit I quite like Mark Lawrenson and his dry humour. No doubt someone will come back with the question 'What humour?' !!

I totally agree. I also agree with most of his opinions. He got a telling off once from the BBC hierarchy when commenting on both the Bender brothers playing for their country....'You don't often get two benders in the same team....'

The worst for me is Ian Dowie.   

092.gif

toshes mate

Haven't heard a single bad or decent commentary since I found out where the volume control was.   Really wish there was an option to silence the commentary and still get the atmosphere but that is the only downer.  Find some of the 'expert' panel banter bordering on the banal but have always enjoyed Lee Dixon's POVs.  Cannot stand Lineker at any price and just wish BBC would get someone in for a lot less money and much better value.