watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mexico 1 Germany 0

Started by Forever Fulham, June 17, 2018, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

That was a great game.  Mexico didn't really park the bus until the very end.  They had three up and kept attacking.  I didn't see fear in their game.

Woolly Mammoth

The result of Germany losing to Mexico does not surprise me, as I said in an earlier thread, people were predicting Germany going all the way before any ball had been kicked, but any fool can predict that. It's easy to say that, but in my opinion this could very well be a tournament where many matches will be tight and go either way.
Iceland drew with Argentina, France only just pipped Australia, Brazil draw with the Swiss.
So all these self appointed experts know no more than you and I, my wife and the man in the moon.
What it does do is create more competition and pure Theatre for the real supporters.
The less fancied teams are fitter, more organised and prepared and better coached these days.
Germany paid for their arrogance, they thought they only had to turn up.
It all makes for a better World Cup.
Nobody is an expert, only the self appointed ones, who always go for the same big fancied teams, anyone can do that including my Rocking Horse.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Brilliant result and game.

092.gif

Texas White

Quote from: bog on June 17, 2018, 08:58:18 PM
Brilliant result and game.

092.gif

Yes party time in Dallas

JoelH5

All these teams expected to win and not takes the pressure off England a bit I think. Can't wait for the game tomrow
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RaySmith

Yes, great game and performance by Mexico.

HatterDon

What's interesting is that Mexico's form for the last 12 months has been horrible. Chicharito was less than useless for West Ham and El Tri, but he looked brilliant today. Horses for courses as they used to say.

Mexico won for the best possible reason -- they played better football on the day. Despite all their talent, the only German who impressed me was Boateng, their defensive midfielder. Germany will most likely go farther than Mexico, but the better team won on the day.

Oh and wasn't it nice to hear 2/3rds of the capacity crowd singing Cielito Lindo?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

hovewhite

Really enjoying the world cup,also think England might sneak to semi finals.

toshes mate

Those Mexican raids were such a delight to watch.  Must be in the blood.